An Extensive Guide to Restoring Notes from iCloud
Have you accidentally deleted notes on your iPhone? There’s a way to recover them. If you have an iCloud backup, you’ll restore your lost notes in no time. We’ve prepared a guide to show you how to restore notes from iCloud.
You will learn how to recover notes from iCloud backup and iCloud’s Recently Deleted Folder. Moreover, if you haven’t backed up your notes to iCloud, we’ll show you how to recover permanently deleted notes on your iPhone without iCloud backup.
Are You Using iCloud to Backup iPhone Data? You Should
This cloud service allows iPhone users to store their data safely. If you lose your phone, damage it, or accidentally delete your important files, it has everything stored and available to you at any moment.
All your iPhone data, including your notes, can be stored on your account. It allows you to access and recover it from any device when needed. Therefore, if you aren’t already, start using iCloud to back up your data.
How to Restore Notes from iCloud’s Recently Deleted Folder
If you backed up your notes to iCloud, you can access them from your account. However, what happens when you delete your notes? You’ll be happy to hear they aren’t lost forever.
Like your iPhone, iCloud also has the Recently Deleted folder. Therefore, you can access it and recover the notes you deleted, but this folder keeps the deleted notes for 30 days, so recover them before that. Follow these steps to recover notes from iCloud’s Recently Deleted folder:
- Step 1: Log in to your iCloud account and go to Notes.
- Step 2: Click on the Recently Deletedfolder on the left.
- Step 3: You’ll see the list of deleted notes on iCloud. Select the one you want to restore and click
- Step 4: Moreover, you can also tap and hold the note you want to recover and drag it to the folder you want it recovered to.
How to Recover Notes from iCloud If You’re Using Backup
Having iCloud back up your iPhone regularly is a safe way to protect yourself from data loss, as it stores all your data, including your notes, so you can always access them on your account. However, if you back up your phone to iCloud, you can recover your lost notes from an iCloud backup.
Unfortunately, recovering notes directly from iCloud requires you to factory reset your iPhone and revert all data to the state before the last backup. That means you’re not only recovering notes but all data your iCloud backup has, which can be inconvenient as you might lose newer data. Moreover, a backup doesn’t include data already stored in iCloud.
Since you’ll have to factory reset your iPhone and recover only the data from the last iCloud backup, it can be very stressful and bring unsatisfactory results. Fortunately, you can use Wondershare Dr.Fone to recover only Notes from iCloud and separate the notes you need.
The Easier Way of Restoring Notes from iCloud Backup
Instead of erasing all your data and resetting your iPhone to the latest iCloud backup, you can choose the easier way to get your notes back. Wondershare Dr.Fone is a data recovery tool that allows you to recover notes on your iPhone in just a few clicks.
World's 1st iPhone and iOS data recovery software
- Provide with three ways to recover iPhone data.
- Scan iOS devices to recover photos, video, contacts, messages, notes, etc.
- Extract and preview all content in iCloud/iTunes backup files.
- Selectively restore what you want from iCloud/iTunes backup to your device or computer.
- Compatible with the latest iPhone models.
Wondershare Dr.Fone has the highest success rate in recovering lost data and can help you recover data from accidental deletion, system crashes, lost devices, water damage, jailbreaking, etc. Some of the main features of Wondershare Dr.Fone are:
- Selective recovery
- Previewing lost data
- Restoring to device
- Exporting to computer
If you want to recover only Notes from your iCloud backup or just a select few of the deleted notes, follow these steps:
- Step 1:Open Wondershare Dr.Fone on your computer. Go to Toolbox on the left, then click on Data Recovery.
- Step 2:Select the iOS option as the device type.
- Step 3:Click the Recover data from iCloud option to recover lost notes from the latest iCloud backup.
- Step 4:Sign in to your iCloud account to continue.
- Step 5:Type in the code sent to your iPhone if you have two-factor authentication.
- Step 6:Select Notes & Attachments from the list so Wondershare Dr.Fone can recover only that type of data. Click Next.
- Step 7:Monitor the downloading process on the screen. Click Stop if you want to cancel it.
- Step 8:When downloading is completed, you’ll see all the notes backed up on your iCloud. Preview and select only the notes you want to recover. Click Restore to Device to restore them to your iPhone.
- Step 9:Set your iPhone for the recovered notes’ destination.
- Step 10:Connect your iPhone to your computer and keep it connected.
- Step 11:Once the connection is confirmed, your notes will recover to your iPhone. If you want to stop the process, click
- Step 12:Recover your notes to your computer by clicking Recover to Computer. Set the location on your PC for recovered notes and click Recover. It will protect you from losing them again.
What to Do If You Didn’t Back Up Your Notes with iCloud
Unfortunately, not many people back up their data to iCloud. If you’re one of them, you don’t have to worry. Wondershare Dr.Fone allows you to recover lost notes even without the iCloud backup. Besides iCloud, it can recover notes from iTunes and iPhone storage.
Therefore, if you’ve backed up your notes to iTunes instead of iCloud, you can still get them back. Follow these steps to recover deleted notes on iPhone from iTunes backup using Wondershare Dr.Fone:
- Step 1:Download and open Wondershare Dr.Fone. Find Toolbox on the left side and click on it, then select Data Recovery.
- Step 2: Select iOSon the screen asking you to select the device type.
- Step 3:Now click Recover Data from iTunes to use the iTunes backup to recover your notes.
- Step 4:From the list of backups, find the iTunes backup that contains your deleted notes, select it, and click Start Scan.
- Step 5:Tick the box next to Note & Attachments to recover only the Notes from iTunes backup.
- Step 6:You can monitor the scanning process on the screen.
- Step 7:Once the scanning is finished, preview the found notes. Select only the notes you want to recover and click Restore to Device.
- Step 8:The pop-up window will ask you to set your iPhone as the destination. Set it and click Continue.
- Step 9: Tap Truston your iPhoneand unlock it to continue the recovery of your deleted notes.
- Step 10:Monitor the restoration process. Once the restoration is done, your lost notes will be recovered to your iPhone
- Step 11:Lastly, you can ensure you don’t lose your notes again by saving them to your computer. Click Recover to Computer, select a secure location for your notes, and click
If you haven’t backed up your iPhone to iTunes or iCloud, Wondershare Dr.Fone can help you recover lost notes from your iPhone storage. When notes are deleted, they still exist on your phone – they are just inaccessible. Therefore, you need to access them and recover them on your phone. To recover deleted notes from iPhone storage using Wondershare Dr.Fone, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open Wondershare Dr.Fone on your PC. Go to Toolbox and select Data Recovery.
- Step 2:Select iOS as your device type.
- Step 3:Select Recover Data from iOS device to restore notes that haven’t been backed up.
- Step 4:Connect your iPhone to your computer via a USB cable to continue.
- Step 5:From the list of file types, select only Note & Attachments.
- Step 6:This will start the scanning process of your iPhone to find your lost notes. You can monitor the scanning process on the screen.
- Step 7:Once the scan is done, you’ll see the list of your lost notes. Preview them and select the notes you want to recover. Click Restore to Device.
- Step 8:Set your iPhone as the destination for recovered notes in the pop-up window and click
- Step 9:The next screen will ask you to disable the Find My option. Disable it and click OK to continue.
- Step 10:The next screen will show you the list of successfully restored notes to your iPhone.
- Step 11:We suggest you save your notes to your computer to avoid losing them again. Click Recover to Computer, set the location where your notes should be stored, and click Recover.
If you’ve lost essential notes that have been backed up to iCloud, you’ll have them back in a few seconds. However, we suggest you avoid recovering them directly from iCloud, as you’ll need to erase all data and settings and factory reset your iPhone. Fortunately, you can use Wondershare Dr.Fone.
Wondershare Dr.Fone allows you to recover separate notes backed up to iCloud. Moreover, you can also use it if you backed up your notes to iTunes or even if you haven’t backed them up.
- Backup to iCloud
- Extract iCloud Backup
- 1. Access iCloud Backup Files
- 2. Retrieve Data From iCloud
- 3. Access and Download iCloud Backup
- 4. Top 6 Free iCloud Backup Extractor
- Restore from iCloud
- 1. Restore from iCloud Backup
- 2. Recover Photos from iCloud
- 3. Restore WhatsApp from iCloud
- 4. Restore iCloud Backup to iPhone
- 5. Restore Text Messages from iCloud
- 6. Restore Notes from iCloud
- 7. Restore WhatsApp from iCloud
- 8. Can't Restore an iCloud Backup
- 9. Retrieve Photos from iCloud Backup
- iCloud Backup Issues