Top 5 Gesture Lock Screen Apps to Lock Your Android Phone
Ever wondered, if there was an easier and more interesting way to unlock and open your devices and apps without boring PINs/Passwords that you tend to forget? Worry not, gestures are here! Imagine the joy when you can unlock your phone by just waving your hand over it, or instead of getting access through confusing patterns or lengthy PINs, you can just get in by drawing an alphabet! So let’s go through some gesture lock screen apps for Android phones.
Gestures in Android
Gestures have become an iconic piece of the entire mobile operating system and experience, giving all Android users the joy of using our gestures for functions in our mobile phones We will be discussing 5 gesture lock screen apps, but let us first talk about the existence of gestures in Android.
- • Two-finger swipe down
- • Press and hold on notifications
- • Triple-tap to zoom in
- • Tap and hold on menus
- • Double-tap to wake
- • Press and hold Power Off Button
These gestures gave Android developers an idea of creating apps, to make use of new gestures for not only in-phone functionality but also for the most basic smartphone function of locking and unlocking.
Why do we need these gesture apps? –Would you not want to control your phone’s notification bar by just waving your hand over the screen, when it’s not reachable? These apps are not only fun but also useful and efficient. So, now let us discuss 5 Android gesture lock screen apps.
1) Gesture Lock Screen
A top-rated app in the Google Play Store, for gestures, the Gesture Lock Screen is a wonderful gesture app that locks and unlocks Android lock screens. Rated 4/5 stars in the Google Play Store, this app was developed by Q Locker.
Gesture Lock Screen is an all-in-one gesture app that locks the screen as well as provides you with other good features. The app allows you to draw anything or gesture to unlock your phone; you can draw letter, signatures, various shapes, whatever you want to unlock your device! This app gives you the convenience to unlock your phone through fingerprints, gestures, and recover passwords as well.
• Gesture – you can easily add/change gestures, it can be a single or a multiple stroke gesture as well. For maximum accuracy, this app features gesture sensitivity. If you want a unique lock screen, this app is ideal!
• Customization – This app is highly customizable, so let your creative tech ideas fly! App notifications are available for Android 4.3 and above. Unread notifications will appear on the lock screen, and you can easily hide any confidential notifications.
With over 40,000 5/5 ratings and 5,00,000-10,00,000 installs, this app proves to be the top gesture app for locking your phone.
Download this app from here - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=qlocker.gesture&hl=en
2) Magic Unlock
Magic Unlock app, developed by zonep.ro, is designed with the main aim of responding to hand movement. The future is here!The app detects the movements of your hand, preferably horizontal or vertical, through the phone’s proximity sensor and then opts to unlock the screen. Technology, I tell you!
Firstly, the lock screen security needs to be turned off. You can do this by going to Settings on your phone, then click on Security, then “Screen Lock” and change the lock type to swipe or slide. Now, fire up this app and turn on the magic unlock option. Tada! Now you are all set to unlock your device via air gesture.
The app was released early 2017, but Magic Unlock has already received 50,000-100,000 installs and has a 4.2/5 rating in the Play Store, giving you all the more reason to install it. The app requires Android 4.1 and above.
Download the app from here - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.binarybuilding.magicunlock&hl=en
3) Gesture Magic
Another app that uses gesture to lock/unlock the screen is the Gesture Magic app, developed by Apps2all. Compatible with most Android devices, this app is very easy for you to use.
The app already suggests you with predetermined gestures to unlock the screen and open the specific apps. How convenient!
Features – Don’t we all love apps that do not just stick to their main purpose but also come with extra features? This app allows you to launch apps, make calls, send text messages, and quickly access all applications with ease, everything with the help of gestures! This app needs to use the Device Administrator permission in order to work.
Launched on 17th August 2017, the app has already fetched 100,000-500,000 installs and has maintained a 4/5-star rating, proving why it’s worth using despite being a new-comer.
Download this app from here - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gesture.action&hl=en
4) Gesture Lock Screen
Developed by Prank App, Gesture Lock Screen is a wonderful app that allows to securing your Android phone with letters, signatures or a pull-down gesture. This is an intelligent gesture screen-lock app that detects and adjusts to the letters that are created every time and stored as lock screen passwords. You can be creative with this app as well; hearts, circles, triangles, squares, make any shape, letter, number and save it as the gesture lock.
Gesture Lock Screen is designed to allow you to launch any personal application through your personalized gesture, so you do not have to worry about anyone meddling with the contents of your phone. The app comes with the following range of features:
• Create any kind of password – letters, shapes, numbers, signatures, etc.
• App notifications appear on the lock screen itself - unread texts, calls, app notifications, etc.
• Double tap the notification, draw the gesture to unlock and open the app – privacy, finally!
• Supports both single as well as multiple stroke gesture.
With a 4.4/5-star rating in the Play Store, and with 5,000-10,000 downloads in a span of 2 months of its launch. The app works on Android 4.1 and above.
Download it from - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vasu.gesturescreenlock&hl=en
5) Gestos – Gestures
Developed by Imaxinacion, Gestos-Gestures is an amazing gesture screen-lock app, designed with the main aim of providing you with fluency and speed as you perform actions on your device. This app aims to give you the facility of accessing various functions by drawing an easy gesture on the lock screen.
Gestos allows you to – call contacts, enable or disable settings like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, etc, run various system options, lock or unlock your device, and access websites as well.
Talking about configuration, Gestos is a well-designed app that can be activated by just a double-touch on your home screen. Its sensitivity can be adjusted according to what you prefer, a permanent notification toggle floating button is available as well!
Maintaining a 4.1/5-star rating in the Play Store, Gestos has had 100,000-500,000 installs.
Download it from here - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.imaxinacion.gestos&hl=en
As Android reaches new heights every year, gestures are getting more and more enhanced, as their functionalities increase as well. Gestures have always been an exciting feature in Android phones and a convenient one as well. They are practical and fun to use, and the apps mentioned above are some of the best gesture-lock apps amongst the vast number of such apps in the Google Play Store. If you want to make your tasks easier by using gestures on your phone, feel free to try some of the mentioned apps here.
- 1. Android Lock
- 1.1 Android Smart Lock
- 1.2 Android Pattern Lock
- 1.3 Unlocked Android Phones
- 1.4 Disable Lock Screen
- 1.5 Android Lock Screen Apps
- 1.6 Android Unlock Screen Apps
- 1.7 Unlock Android Screen without Google Account
- 1.8 Android Screen Widgets
- 1.9 Android Lock Screen Wallpaper
- 1.10 Unlock Android without PIN
- 1.11 Finger printer Lock for Android
- 1.12 Gesture Lock Screen
- 1.13 Fingerprint Lock Apps
- 1.14 Bypass Android Lock Screen Using Emergency Call
- 1.15 Android Device Manager Unlock
- 1.16 Swipe Screen to Unlock
- 1.17 Lock Apps with Fingerprint
- 1.18 Unlock Android Phone
- 1.19 Huawei Unlock Bootloader
- 1.20 Unlock Android With Broken Screen
- 1.21.Bypass Android Lock Screen
- 1.22 Reset A Locked Android Phone
- 1.23 Android Pattern Lock Remover
- 1.24 Locked out of Android Phone
- 1.25 Unlock Android Pattern without Reset
- 1.26 Pattern Lock Screen
- 1.27 Forgot Pattern Lock
- 1.28 Get Into A Locked Phone
- 1.29 Lock Screen Settings
- 1.30 Remove Xiaomi Patter Lock
- 1.31 Reset Motorola Phone that is Locked
- 2. Android Password