Tips and Tricks for Setting Up your Android Phone Pattern Lock
Failing to remember the pattern lock of a phone is one of the most puzzling situations for Android users. Unlike the famous OS, Android gives a seamless method to eliminate the issue.
You can attempt the methods below or an expert tool if you have forgotten the pattern lock on your gadget and reset it. However, we suggest you try Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock for a quick and safe solution. To make things more straightforward, we have given you other techniques as a workaround to the issue.
So, keep following us to unlock the lock screen pattern and use your phone again.
Part 1: What Is Android Pattern?
A pattern lock is used to identify the actual user by your Android phone. It is a widely used phone locking system and a secured one. Simply put, a pattern lock includes a line pattern you choose that you can draw to unlock a lock screen. You can enable this lock screen feature from the security menu in the settings application.
So, if you have set a pattern lock as a screen lock for your device, you will need to draw the exact pattern every time you log in.
Part 2: Best Tool to Unlock Your Pattern
Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock
The most effective and quick tool to unlock a pattern lock is Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock by Wondershare. Dr.Fone is an all-in-one tool for all your Android needs and has been in the business for a long time. We suggest you use Dr.Fone. The following steps will help you unlock your device:
Step 1. Select the "Screen Unlock" option in the Dr.Fone interface.
Step 2. Select Unlock Android Screen
To unlock the pattern lock on your device, the “Unlock Android Screen” will guide you to finish the whole process.
Step 3. Select unlock mode
If you click “Remove without Data Loss,” only some limited Samsung or LG phone models can be unlocked without losing data. To unlock most phone brands' screens, “100% Remove Screen Lock” is a better choice.
You can find the brand compatible with your phone in the following list.
Step 4. Go into Recovery Mode
Read the program instructions carefully; entering recovery mode is the prerequisite to unlocking the pattern lock.
(Here are 3 examples of Samsung phones)
How to get into recovery mode with Bixby
How to get into recovery mode without Bixby
How to get into recovery mode with Home button
Step 5. Instructions to Wipe Cache Partition
Now you’re in recovery mode, pick these options in the image below.
When the “Unlocked successfully” appears on the screen, you can access your device without a pattern lock or other locks!
Part 3: How to Bypass Android Pattern When You Forgot It?
1. Google Find My Device (For Android7.1.1 or later)
Step 1. Open the Android Device Manager site by typing https://www.google.com/android/find in an internet browser.
Step 2. You must give your Google ID credentials to sign in. Remember that this should be a similar Google account connected to your phone.
Step 3. After logging in, select your device.
Step 4. You will get three choices here, i.e., lock, erase, and ring.
Step 5. Click on the "Lock" button to reset its pattern.
Step 6. It will open another spring-up window. From here, you can give the new password to your phone.
Step 7. After affirming your PIN/password, you can give a recovery message and number (in case of theft only).
Step 8. Complete the process and sign out of your account on the browser.
2. Forgot Pattern (For Android 4.4 or earlier)
Step 1. First and foremost, give some wrong patterns to your phone. It will tell you that you attempted the incorrect pattern lock.
Step 2. On a similar window, click the "Forgot pattern" choice on the base.
Step 3. That will open another screen, which you can use to sidestep the forgotten pattern of Android. Select the choice for entering the Google Account credentials and continue.
Step 4. To reset the lock screen pattern, you must give the correct details of the Google ID previously logged into the device.
Step 5. After giving the correct details, you can provide another pattern lock to the phone.
Step 6. Affirm your decision and set another pattern lock on your phone.
3. Emergency Call Trick (For Android 5 or 5.1.1)
Step 1: Tap the Emergency Call button and enter ten asterisks (*).
Step 2: Copy and paste the asterisks on the dialer until you no longer see the paste choice.
Step 3: Return to the lock screen and tap on the camera symbol.
Step 4: Press the settings choice on your Android gadget after pulling down the notification tray. Now you will have the chance to enter the PIN/password, and you ought to continue unlocking your Android phone. Continue to paste until the lock screen UI crashes.
4. Safe Mode Boot (For Android 4.1 or later)
Step 1: You can bring up the power menu and hold the "Power Off" button for most phones, especially Android phones. A warning will spring up, asking whether you might want to Reboot to Safe Mode. Here, it would help if you had to press Ok.
Step 2: Clear your lock screen application's data.
Clean data off your lock screen app, uninstall it, and then reboot your device to escape safe mode. When you do so, your phone or Android device will unlock.
5. Use ADB (USB required for Android 10 and lower)
- Connect your device to your PC using a USB connector.
- On your PC, open a terminal window (or command prompt).
- Type in the commands given below. Press Enter after each line:
update system set value=0 where name='lock_pattern_autolock';
update system set value=0 where name='lockscreen.lockedoutpermanently';
- After your gadget has rebooted, enter the command below:
- Your phone will reboot. After it reboots and requests a security pattern, you can utilize any pattern, and it will unlock.
This guide provides insight into the most common Android issue. Here, we have discussed different techniques to bypass the pattern lock on your Android phone. However, we suggest you go for a professional tool while carrying this out. Therefore, you should choose an expert tool like Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock to open the lock screen pattern.
- 1. Android Lock
- 1.1 Android Smart Lock
- 1.2 Android Pattern Lock
- 1.3 Unlocked Android Phones
- 1.4 Disable Lock Screen
- 1.5 Android Lock Screen Apps
- 1.6 Android Unlock Screen Apps
- 1.7 Unlock Android Screen without Google Account
- 1.8 Android Screen Widgets
- 1.9 Android Lock Screen Wallpaper
- 1.10 Unlock Android without PIN
- 1.11 Finger printer Lock for Android
- 1.12 Gesture Lock Screen
- 1.13 Fingerprint Lock Apps
- 1.14 Bypass Android Lock Screen Using Emergency Call
- 1.15 Android Device Manager Unlock
- 1.16 Swipe Screen to Unlock
- 1.17 Lock Apps with Fingerprint
- 1.18 Unlock Android Phone
- 1.19 Huawei Unlock Bootloader
- 1.20 Unlock Android With Broken Screen
- 1.21.Bypass Android Lock Screen
- 1.22 Reset A Locked Android Phone
- 1.23 Android Pattern Lock Remover
- 1.24 Locked out of Android Phone
- 1.25 Unlock Android Pattern without Reset
- 1.26 Pattern Lock Screen
- 1.27 Forgot Pattern Lock
- 1.28 Get Into A Locked Phone
- 1.29 Lock Screen Settings
- 1.30 Remove Xiaomi Patter Lock
- 1.31 Reset Motorola Phone that is Locked
- 2. Android Password
- 2.1 Hack Android Wifi Password
- 2.2 Reset Android Gmail Password
- 2.3 Show Wifi Password
- 2.4 Reset Android Password
- 2.5 Forgot Android Screen Password
- 2.6 Unlock Android Password Without Factory Reset
- 3.7 Forgot Huawei Password
- 3. Bypass Samsung FRP
- 1. Disable Factory Reset Protection (FRP) for Both iPhone and Android
- 2. Best Way to Bypass Google Account Verification After Reset
- 3. 9 FRP Bypass Tools to Bypass Google Account
- 4. Bypass Factory Reset on Android
- 5. Bypass Samsung Google Account Verification
- 6. Bypass Gmail Phone Verification
- 7. Solve Custom Binary Blocked