Dr.Fone - Virtual Location (iOS):
Nowadays location-based apps and games are booming and facilitate our life remarkably. But the problems also emerge. Imagine this:
- Jack downloaded a dating app that recommends matches based on his location. What if he's got fed up with the recommended ones, and want to explore those in other regions?
- Henry is crazy for AR games that demand to play while walking outside. What if it's rainy or windy outside, it's late at night, or the roads are not safe?
Such scenes are not uncommon. Does Jack have to travel long journeys to other regions? Does Henry have to play the games regardless of safety issues, or simply give up the loved games?
Of course not, we have much smarter ways with the help of Dr.Fone - Virtual Location (iOS).
- Part 1. Teleport to anywhere in the world
- Part 2. Simulate movement along a route (set by 2 spots)
- Part 3. Simulate movement along a route (set by multiple spots)
- Part 4. Use joystick for more flexible GPS control
- Part 5 ：Export and import GPX to save and share the special route
- Part 6 ：How Can I Add My Route as a Favorite?
First of all, you need to download Dr.Fone - Virtual Location (iOS). Then install and launch the program.
- Click "Virtual Location" from all the options, and have your iPhone connected to your computer. Click "Get Started".
- In the new window, you can find your actual location on your map. If the location is not accurately displayed, click the "Center On" icon in the lower right part to show the accurate location.
- Activate the "teleport mode" by clicking the corresponding icon (the 3rd one) in the upper right. Enter the place you want to teleport to in the upper left field, and click "Go". Let's take Rome in Italy as an example.
- The system now understands your desired place is Rome. Click "Move Here" in the popup box.
- Your location is changed to Rome now. Whether you click the "Center On" icon or locate yourself on your iPhone, the location is fixed to Rome, Italy. And the location in your location-based app, is, of course, the same place.
Tips: If you connected with your desktop, you could connect with the software without USB cable after you connected once.
The location displayed in the program
The location displayed in your iPhone
This location spoofing program also allows you to simulate movement along a route you specified between 2 spots. Here is how:
- Go to the "one-stop mode" by selecting the corresponding icon (the 1st one) in the upper right.
- Select a spot, that is, the place you want to go, on the map. The popup box now appears to tell you how far it is.
- Drag the slider in the lower part to set how fast you want to walk, let's use the cycling speed, for example. Then click "Move Here".
- In the new popup box, enter a number to define how many times you want to go back and forth between the two places. At last, click "March" to start simulating the movement.
Now you can see your position is moving on the map with the speed of cycling.
If you want to pass by multiple places along a route on the map. Then you can try the "multi-stop mode".
- Select the "multi-stop mode" (the 2nd one) in the upper right. Then you can select all the spots you want to pass one by one.
- Now the popup box shows how far you will travel on the map. Set the moving speed in the lower middle, and click "Move Here".
- Specify how many times to go back and forth, and click "March" to start the movement simulation.
Note: Remember to select them along a specific road to prevent the game developer from thinking you are cheating.
After that, your location will be moving along the route you specified in a wanted speed.
Now Dr.Fone has integrated the joystick feature to the Virtual Location program to spare 90% labor for GPS control. In teleport, one-stop, and multi-stop modes, you can always find the joystick in the lower left part.
The joystick, like one-stop or multi-stop modes, aims to facilitate GPS movement on the map. But what's better? The joystick allows you to move on the map by changing directions in real-time. Here are the 2 main scenes where you will definitely love the joystick.
- Automatic GPS movement: Click the Start button in the middle and the automatic movement starts. Then just change the directions as you like by 1) clicking the left or right arrows, 2) dragging the spot around the circle, 3) pressing keys A and D on keyboard, or 4) pressing keys Left and Right on keyboard.
- Manual GPS movement: Move forward by constantly clicking the Up arrow in the program, long-pressing the key W or Up on keyboard. Reverse by constantly clicking the Down arrow, or long-pressing the key S or Down on keyboard. You can also, of course, tweak the directions using the 4 ways above before you move forward or reverse.
When you are playing games, you may meet the rare thing along the road you walk; you can save it in case you want to see it again or share it with your friends to play along the road together.
1: Click the export button to save the path as gpx file
Drfone - virtual Location (iOS) supports to save the customized route after using the one-stop mode or multi-stop mode, on the pop-up button, you will see the “export” button on the upright icon.
Tips: Why can’t I see the export button?
After you turn off pop-up box, it will be hidden on the right sidebar. Just click the eye-like, and the box will show up again.
2: Import the shared gpx file to Drfone - virtual Location (iOS)
Once you get the gpx file from your friends or downloaded it from other website, you can import it from your computer. On the main screen, click the “Import” button on the bottom right under the “add-to-favorites” icon.
Take a while to import the gpx file and do not turn off the screen.
The historical record is limited to record all your route. If you find a very valuable road and virtual location enables to add it to favorites. So you can open it anytime!
1: Add any spots or routes into your favorites
In the virtual location screen, you can find the five-stars icon on the right sidebar and the new window after you using the three provided modes. Simple click to add the route to your favorites.
After you add to favorites, it will show you “ collection successfully” and the five stars icon will show a red icon and you can also enter to check how many have you added.
2： Search and Find from your favorites.
After you collected the favorite route successfully, you can click the five-star icon to check how many you have added and cancel your favorites sometimes.
3: Click the “Move” button, you can walk along with the favorite route again.