dr.fone - Virtual Location (iOS): How To
Nowadays location-based apps and games are booming and facilitate our life remarkably. But the problems also emerge. Imagine this:
- Jack downloaded a dating app that recommend matches based on his location. What if he's got fed up with the recommended ones, and want to explore those in other regions?
- Henry is crazy for AR games that demand playing while walking outside. What if it's rainy or windy outside, it's late at night, or the roads are not safe?
Such scenes are not uncommon. Does Jack have to travel long journeys to other regions? Does Henry have to play the games regardless of safety issues, or simply give up the loved games?
Of course not, we have much smarter ways with the help of dr.fone - Virtual Location (iOS).
- Part 1. Teleport to anywhere in the world
- Part 2. Simulate movement along a route (set by 2 spots)
- Part 3. Simulate movement along a route (set by mutiple spots)
First of all, you need to download dr.fone - Virtual Location (iOS). Then install and launch the program.
- Click "Virtual Location" from all the options, and have your iPhone connected to your computer. Click "Get Started".
- In the new window, you can find your actual location on your map. If the location is not accurately displayed, click the "Center On" icon in the lower right part to show the accurate location.
- Activate the "teleport mode" by clicking the corresponding icon (the 3rd one) in the upper right. Enter the place you want to teleport to in the upper left field, and click "Go". Let's take Rome in Italy as an example.
- The system now understands your desired place is Rome. Click "Move Here" in the popup box.
- Your location is changed to Rome now. Whether you click "Center On" icon or locate yourself in your iPhone, the location is fixed to Rome, Italy. And the location in your location-based app, is, of course, the same place.
Location displayed in the program
Location displayed in your iPhone
This location spoofing program also allows you to simulate movement along a route you specified between 2 spots. Here is how:
- Go to the "one-stop mode" by selecting corresponding icon (the 1st one) in the upper right.
- Select a spot, that is, the place you want to go, on the map. The popup box now appears telling you how far it is.
- Drag the slider in the lower part to set how fast you want to walk, let's use the cycling speed, for example. Then click "Move Here".
- In the new popup box, enter a number to define how many times you want to go back and forth between the two places. At last, click "March" to start simulating the movement.
Now you can see your position is moving on the map with the speed of cycling.
If you want to pass by multiple places along a route on the map. Then you can try the "multi-stop mode".
- Select the "multi-stop mode" (the 2st one) in the upper right. Then you can select all the spots you want to pass one by one.
- Now the popup box shows how far you will travel on the map. Set the moving speed in the lower middle, and click "Move Here".
- Specify how many times to go back and forth, and click "March" to start the movement simulation.
Note: Remember to select them along a specific road to prevent the game developer thinking you are cheating.
After that, your location will be moving along the route you specified in a wanted speed.