How to Change Location on Find My iPhone
The Find My iPhone app is the most incredible thing iPhone users can ever have because it comes in handy if you need to get away. It's great for a virtual retreat and protects your iPhone if it's misplaced or stolen. You should always utilize the Find My iPhone app to avoid losing your phone if you have an iPhone. However, users are frequently irritated by this software because it allows others to see their location.
There is, however, a way to change that. So if you're wondering how to change the Find My iPhone location, this article is for you.
- Part 1: Why Changing Location on Find My iPhone
- Part 2: How to Change Location on Find My iPhone
- Way 1: Fake Location on Find My iPhone by Dr.Fone - Virtual Location
- Way 2: Change Location on Find My iPhone via ExpressVPN
- Way 3: Use FMFNotifier to change the location on Find My iPhone (For Jailbroken Phone)
- Way 4: Spoof Location to Find My iPhone by a Secondary iPhone
- Way 5: Change Location on Find My iPhone by Double Location
- Part 3: FAQs about Find My iPhone
Part 1: Why Changing Location on Find My iPhone
We often feel trapped because of our phone's location, such as when we can't access a particular website or our favorite TV show is blocked. You feel helpless in such conditions, don't you? In the following section, we have jotted down a few situations in which you can change the location of your iPhone.
1. Trick Family or Friends to Protect Privacy
Consider this scenario: you have a night planned with your buddies, but your parents won't let you go, so you'll sneak out. However, there's a chance your parents will discover you, so to avoid this, you can change your location on Find My iPhone. This will conceal your position, so no one will know where you are, and you can fully enjoy your night party.
2. Location Access of the Application
We frequently visit locations where some applications suddenly stop operating, which is inconvenient because you can't use them. Imagine you went on a hike with your friends and casually checked your phone to see whether your Instagram was down. This could occur as a result of app restrictions in specific places. To solve this problem, you can change Find My iPhone location.
3. Prevent Others from Misusing your Original Location
If your phone or account has ever been hacked, you will know how hard it is to recover them. To prevent this thing in the future, you must change the Find My location device to help you camouflage your location. This will also help you keep the hackers away, and you won't face any cybercrime issues.
4. Cheaper Shopping and Deals
Many internet shops provide cheaper rates to specific nations, so you can alter the location of your iPhone and move to those countries to save a few dollars. This will allow you to book a beautiful hotel room at a reduced cost or shop online. You can also use this strategy to book airline tickets, which are typically very expensive during the vacation season.
Part 2: How to Change Location to Find My iPhone
In the above section, we have listed a few situations you would have faced, but there's always a solution to such technical problems. You can always change Find My iPhone location and enjoy whatever you couldn’t before. But the question arises how to change your Find My iPhone location? This section of the article has listed a few solutions that will help you out.
Way 1: Fake Location on Find My iPhone by Dr.Fone - Virtual Location
Wondershare Dr.Fone – Virtual Location is a tool that spoofs your location, and with the help of the same tool, you can change your Find My iPhone location. It has a map through which you can choose the desired location for yourself and choose 2 or more locations. So, your GPS will move around the desired path whenever you spoof your location. Here are a few steps to follow and use Dr.Fone's Virtual location.
Dr.Fone - Virtual Location
1-Click Location Changer for both iOS and Android
- Teleport from one location to another across the world from the comfort of your home.
- Change location in Find My iPhone with a click.
- Fake location on your phone to protect your privacy.
- Compatible with both iOS and Android systems.
- Work with location-based apps, like Pokemon Go, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
Step 1: Launch the Dr.Fone Application
To enjoy this experience, first of all, download Dr.Fone and launch it. Next, tap on "Virtual Location," connect your iPhone to the computer, and later click on "Get Started."
Step 2: Spot your Current Location
As soon as the app opens, you will be shown your current location on the map, but click on the "Center On" button if you can't locate yourself. This icon is located on the right side, and it shows your current location.
Step 3: Activate Teleport Mode
Activate the "Teleport Mode" and enter the new desired location to change your location. For example, you entered Rome, so to proceed, tap on "Go." As soon as the system understands your new location, a bubble will pop up on the map pointing to Rome. Click on “Move Here” to fix your final location.
Step 4: Enjoy the Changed Location
Your location is now changed, and it is set to Rome now. Also, this change of location is for both your device, e.g., iPhone and location-based game, etc.
Way 2: Change Location on Find My iPhone via ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is the VPN you can use for all the restrictions you face in accessing a website. It is an exceptional VPN with solid features like advanced encrypted technologies preventing hackers from tracking your activities. In addition, it has the best security features that block any malware sites and provides the user with high-end security.
It works best for iOS users, so if you ever use ExpressVPN and your VPN connection interrupts, it will be reconnected automatically. Listed below are a few steps that will help you change the Find My location device:
Step 1: Tap on the “On” button to utilize the VPN; otherwise, click on the location bar to link somewhere else.
Step 2: Choose a new location from the “Recommended” locations or “All Location” tab. Once the location is On, you can download, browse and stream anything you want.
Way 3: Use FMFNotifier to change the location on Find My iPhone (For Jailbroken Phone)
If you have a Jailbroken iPhone, this excellent application known as FMFNotifier will work best for you. You can easily spoof your current location, especially when you doubt somebody was stalking your location. It works best when you want to hide your location and privacy just by enabling the fake location option.
Step 1: To begin with, launch the FMFNotifier app and from the menu section, tap on the "Location Spoofer" button to enable it. Choose a label to put on a fake location; also, a label can be chosen.
Step 2: Once a label has been chosen, you can now add a location to it and lock it. Then the app will send a notification on your device notifying that somebody has requested your location through the Find My iPhone app. To finally change the location, confirm the activity, and your location will be changed.
Way 4: Spoof Location to Find My iPhone by a Secondary iPhone
This is a type of trick you can use to spoof your location. It is simple and effortless but requires two iPhones; one should be your main iPhone, and the other should be used as a secondary iPhone. This will help you easily fake your location on Find My iPhone and requires no technical skills, but you have to take the secondary iPhone to that desired place. Here are 2 simple steps for you to follow:
Step 1: From your main iPhone, the one whose location you want to spoof, log out from the Find My iPhone app and log in to the secondary iPhone.
Step 2: Take the secondary iPhone to show the location to your peers and family.
Way 5: Change Location on Find My iPhone by Double Location
Many applications hide your location whenever you think of pranking your friends. However, if you are still thinking about how to prank your friend and show him that you are in Bali, then use this unique Double Location method and amaze him. It helps to lock your desired location even if you've never been there. To perform such a task, you can carry out the following steps.
Step 1: Firstly, download the app of Double Location and launch it on your iPhone. Google Maps will appear as you open it, and you can spot a desired location on the map. To copy the coordinate, click on it, and it will be copied.
Step 2: As you perform the above step, click on the “Lock Position" Button; this will lock your new location. This new location is now set as the default location for all the location-based apps.
Part 3: FAQs about Find My iPhone
1. Can someone see when you check their location on Find My iPhone
No, when you check someone’s location, there is no indication or notification sent to the person whose location is being checked.
2. Does Find My iPhone Work when the phone is offline?
If your iPhone's battery is about to die or you are offline, you can still get updates. However, it is easier to upgrade to iOS 15 and the "Find My Network" feature is enabled. It will keep sending your location to your Apple account.
3. How long does Find My iPhone keep a location?
If your phone is completely dead, the last known location will remain for 24 hours. However, it will notify you as soon as you turn on the phone.
4. Can I be notified when someone checks my location?
No, you will not be notified if your location is being checked.
5. Can I track someone’s location by phone number?
No, a location cannot be tracked by a phone number. Instead, you must use a tracking app or a spy app to track a location.
This article is for people who want to spoof their location on the Find My iPhone app but don't know much about it. We have discussed different situations where you would like to spoof your iPhone. With that, we have also jotted down the process of spoofing it. Changing location on Find My iPhone can be a bit technical, so to do that easily, give this article a good read.
- Change iOS Location
- 1. Best iOS Location Changers
- 2. Fake iPhone GPS Location
- 3. Change iPhone Home Address
- 4. Change iPad Weather Location
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. iPhone GPS not Working
- 7. iPhone “No Location Found”
- 8. iPhone “Location Not Available”
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs."Location Not Available"
- 10. iTools Alternatives
- 11. DoPokeGo++ Alternatives
- 12. 3uTools Alternatives
- 13. Foneazy MockGo Alternatives
- Change Android Location
- 1. Best Android Fake GPS Apps
- 2. Free Android Location Spoofers
- 3. Fake Android GPS Location
- 4. Android Location Settings
- 5. Fake GPS No Root
- 6. Fake GPS on Huawei
- 7. Fake GPS without Mock Location
- Hide GPS Location
- 1. Change Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Spoof Location on Life360
- 6. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 7. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 8. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 9. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 10. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- 11. Stop From Being Tracked
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 2. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 3. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 4. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 5. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 6. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Fake Location on Telegram
- 4. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Change Location on Twitter
- 9. Change Instagram Business Location
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Stop mSpy from Spying You
- 12. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6.Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking