How to Fix iOS Downgrade Stuck?
“How to fix iPhone 8 while downgrading iOS 13 to iOS 12? My phone is stuck with the white Apple logo and is not even responding to any touch!”
As a friend of mine texted this problem a while back, I realized that this is quite a common issue. A lot of us end up upgrading our iOS device to a wrong version, only to regret it afterward. Though, while downgrading its firmware, your device might get stuck in between. A while back, even my iPhone was stuck in recovery mode as I was trying to downgrade it from iOS 12/13. Thankfully, I was able to fix this issue by using a reliable tool. In this guide, I will let you know what to do if you also tried to downgrade iOS and got stuck in between.
Part 1: How to fix iOS 13 Downgrade stuck without Data Loss?
If your iPhone’s downgrade iOS stuck in recovery mode, DFU mode, or the Apple logo – then don’t worry. With the assistance of Dr.Fone - System Repair, you can fix all kinds of issues related to your device. This includes iPhone stuck in Apple logo, boot loop, recovery mode, DFU mode, the screen of death, and other common problems. The best thing about Dr.Fone - System Repair is that it would fix your phone without losing its data or causing any unwanted harm. You can simply follow a basic click-through process to fix your device stuck on downgrade iOS screen.
Since the application is fully compatible with every leading iOS device, you won’t face a single ounce of trouble using it. Apart from fixing your device stuck on the recovery mode or DFU mode, it would also upgrade it to a stable iOS version. You can download its Mac or Windows application and follow these steps to fix device stuck in recovery mode while trying to downgrade iOS 13.
Fix iPhone downgrade stuck without data loss.
- Install and launch the Dr.Fone - System Repair application on your device and connect your iPhone to the system. From the welcome page of Dr.Fone, you need to select the “System Repair” section.
- Under the “iOS Repair” section, you will get an option to perform either standard or advanced repair. Since you wish to retain the existing data on your device, you can choose the “Standard Mode”.
- Furthermore, the tool will display the device model and its system version by automatically detecting it. If you wish to downgrade your phone, then you can change its system version before clicking on the “Start” button.
- Now, you need to wait for a while as the application would download the firmware update for your phone. It might take a while depending on the network speed.
- Once the application is ready, it will display the following prompt. Click on the “Fix Now” button and wait as the application would try to resolve your device stuck on downgrade iOS screen.
- Your phone would automatically be restarted in the end without any issue. It will be updated with a stable firmware version while retaining all the existing data.
Now you can just disconnect your phone safely after fixing the issue. In this way, you can easily fix downgrade iOS 13 stuck in recovery mode. Though, if the tool is not able to yield the anticipated solution, then you can perform the Advanced Repairing as well. It can fix all kinds of severe issues with an iOS 13 device and would certainly resolve your iPhone problem.
Part 2: How to Force Restart iPhone to fix iPhone Stuck on Downgrade iOS 13?
You might already know that we can forcefully restart an iOS device if we wish to. If you are lucky, then a force restart would be able to fix your iPhone downgrade stuck in recovery mode as well. When we forcefully restart an iPhone, it breaks its current power cycle. Although it can fix minor iOS-related issues, the chances of fixing a device stuck on downgrade iOS 13 are less. Nevertheless, you can give it a try by applying the correct key combination for your device.
For iPhone 8 and newer models
- Firstly, quick-press the Volume Up key on the side. That is, press it for a second and release it.
- Now, quick-press the Volume Down button as soon as you release the Volume Up key.
- Without any ado, press the Side button on your phone and keep pressing it for another 10 seconds at least.
- In no time, your phone would vibrate and will be restarted.
For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- Press the Power (wake/sleep) and the Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Keep holding them for another 10 seconds at least.
- Let them go once your phone restarts in the normal mode.
For iPhone 6s and previous models
- Press the Home and the Power (wake/sleep) buttons at the same time.
- Keep holding them for a while till your phone would vibrate.
- Let them go when your phone would restart forcefully.
If everything goes well, then your device would simply be restarted without any issue and you can downgrade it later on. Though, chances are that you might end up losing the existing data or saved settings on your device if the firmware has been corrupted severely.
Part 3: How to fix iPhone stuck on downgrade iOS 13 using iTunes?
This is another native solution that you can try to fix stuck on DFU mode iPhone downgrade from iOS 13 issue. All you need to do is download iTunes on your system or update it to the latest version. Since your phone is already stuck in the recovery or DFU mode, it will be detected by iTunes automatically. The application will give you an option to restore your device in order to fix it. Though, the process will delete all the existing data on your phone. Also, if it will update your iPhone to a different version, then you won’t be able to restore an existing backup as well.
This is why iTunes is considered as the last resort to fix downgrade iOS 13 stuck in recovery mode. If you are ready to take this risk, then follow these steps to fix iPhone stuck on downgrade iOS 13.
- Simply launch an updated version of iTunes on your system and connect your phone to it using a working lightning cable.
- In case if your phone is not in the recovery mode already, then press the correct key combinations. It is the same for doing a force restart on iPhone while connecting it to iTunes. I have already listed these key combinations for different iPhone models above.
- Once iTunes will detect an issue with your device, it will display the following prompt. You can click on the “Restore” button and confirm your choice to reset your device. Wait for a while as iTunes would reset your iPhone and restarts it with default settings.
Now when you know three different ways to fix iPhone stuck on downgrade iOS screen, you can easily resolve this problem. When I tried to downgrade iOS 13 and got stuck, I took the assistance of Dr.Fone - System Repair. It is a highly resourceful desktop application that can fix all kinds of iOS issues without causing any data loss. If you also want to fix the downgrade iOS 13 stuck in recovery mode, then give this remarkable tool a try. Also, keep it handy as it might end up resolving any unwanted issue with your phone in no time.