2 Ways to Downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13
Apple releases iOS upgrades from time to time. And soon after they release an update, iOS users drop everything else and run after upgrading their iOS version immediately. But every update is released as beta versions at first to find out its flaws and everything else. That’s obvious because new updates always come with bugs and issues. To fix these problems, a beta version is released at first and then the full version.
iOS 14 was released on Sep 17th, 2020, by Apple , available for both developers and the public. But what if you want to downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13.7 but don’t know how? You have come to the right place because this article can answer your question on, how to downgrade from iOS 14 without losing data. You will learn how to downgrade iOS 14 without iTunes, with iTunes, which software to use for backup, and how to solve downgrade stuck issues in this article. Before Apple stops signing the old iOS version, we can downgrade to the old iOS version. But Apple usually stops signing the old version in a few weeks after they release a new iOS version. So stay tuned!
Part 1: How to downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13 without iTunes?
If you don’t know how to downgrade iOS 14 without iTunes, then this part can help you the most. With the help of Dr.Fone - System Repair, you can easily downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13 without iTunes. And most importantly, this downgrade process will not cause data loss on your iPhone. Besides that, it can fix all kinds of iOS 14 issues like white screen, stuck in recovery mode, black screen, Apple logo and other issues, etc.
Downgrade iOS 14 to iOS 13.7 without data loss.
- Only fix your iOS to normal, no data loss at all.
- Fix various iOS system issues stuck in recovery mode, white Apple logo, black screen, looping on start, etc.
- Fixes other iPhone error and iTunes errors, such as iTunes error 4013, error 14, iTunes error 27,iTunes error 9 and more.
- Works for all models of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Fully compatible with the latest iOS 14.
Here's how to downgrade iOS 14 without iTunes.
- First, you need to start Dr.Fone on your PC or Mac, and select System Repair from the main home screen.
- Now connect your iPhone to your computer, using a good quality USB cable. After Dr.Fone detects your phone, choose the “Standard Mode” option, which can fix iOS devices without data loss.
- If your iPhone doesn’t function properly, you’ll have to boot your device in the DFU mood. First, you need to power off your phone. Now press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button together for 10 seconds. After that, release the Power button and keep holding the Volume Down button until the device is in DFU mode.
- Now you need to select the proper device model and firmware information in Dr.Fone to get a perfect result in this process. As you are downgrading from iOS 14 to iOS 13, you need to select the old iOS firmware and click on the Start button.
- This will take some time, so you’ll have to wait for a while, as the file is big. You need to make sure your network is stable, and your phone is fully charged for the process.
- After the download is complete, it will verify the firmware package, and then you need to click on the “Fix Now” button to repair your iOS and get back to its normal position.
- After the process ends, your iPhone will restart normally. Now your iPhone has iOS 13.7 instead of iOS 14.
Part 2: How to downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13 using iTunes?
Want to know how to downgrade iOS 14 using iTunes? Then this part is perfect for you! You can easily downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13 using iTunes. But most users will lose their data in this process. So remember to backup iPhone data using Dr.Fone - Phone Backup (iOS) before you downgrade your iOS 14.
- First thing first, you need to be very careful in this process. Because downloading or selecting the wrong model and flashing the same version on your iOS device can fail the process or damage your device. So go to ipsw.me website and choose the proper model and version of your iOS device from the given list.
- Now, you need to confirm the model of your device and select the proper version of firmware from the list and download the firmware file. The file is very large so, you will need a good internet connection to complete this process.
- Connect your iPhone to PC using a good quality data cable.
- Start iTunes and go to the device summary option.
- Remember to follow the part 1 of this article and boot your device into the DFU mode. Keep pressing the home button until you get the “Connected to iTunes” confirmation. You will also get a message on iTunes that says “Device in recovery”.
- Now press the “Shift” button in your keyboard and click on the “restore iPhone” option at the same time, which will allow you to browse the IPSW file you have downloaded. Now locate the file and choose it.
- Now follow all the instructions and click on “install”. This method will help you to downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13.
- Wait till the device boots up.
Part 3: Why we choose Dr.Fone to backup the iPhone before downgrading?
If we backup the iPhone to iCloud/iTunes before downgrading, you won't be able to restore the backups to iPhone running on lower iOS versions, which is iOS 13. So it's better to choose Dr.Fone - Backup & Restore. Only when you have properly backed up your important data, then you can follow how to downgrade from iOS 14 without losing data.
Backup Your iPhone Before Downgrading iOS 14.
- One click to backup the whole iOS device to your computer.
- Support to backup Social apps on iOS devices, such as WhatsApp, LINE, Kik, Viber.
- Allow to preview and restore any item from the backup to a device.
- Export what you want from the backup to your computer.
- No data loss on devices during the restoration.
- Selectively backup and restore any data you want.
- Supported iPhone 7/SE/6/6 Plus/6s/6s Plus that run iOS 14/13/12/11/10.3/9.3/8/7/
- Fully compatible with Windows 10 or Mac 10.13/10.12/10.11.
Here is how easily you can backup iPhone using Dr.Fone.
- Launch Dr.Fone in your PC and connect your iPhone to your PC using a good quality data cable. Your device will automatically be detected by Dr.Fone.
- Now click on the “Backup&Restore” button from the homepage and then click on “Backup”.
- fone will automatically detect all the file types in your device memory. Now you will have to choose the file types you want to back up and click on the “Backup” button. You can also customize the backup file saving folder from here if you want.
- The backup process will take some time and after that Dr.Fone will show you which files are backed up in this whole process. The timing will depend on the storage of your device.
- After completely backing up your data, you can check backup history by simply clicking on the “View Backup History” button.
Part 4: What to do if iOS 14 downgrade get stuck?
Imagine you are downgrading your iOS 14 to iOS 13 and the process got stuck! I know it’s really unwanted for you. Nobody wants to encounter any kind of problem while executing an important task with their favourite iOS device. But it’s actually a very common problem when you downgrade iOS using iTunes. If you downgrade your iOS by using Dr.Fone - System Repair, you won’t face this kind of problem at all. But if you choose to use iTunes and downgrade your iOS, then you can follow this article about downgrade stuck issue and solve your problem easily. If you don’t want any kind of problem and do things smoothly, my suggestion for you would be to use Dr.Fone to complete this downgrading process smoothly.
After reading this whole article, it should be clear to you by now, how you can downgrade from iOS 14 without losing data. It’s really easy and simple if you follow the step by step guideline of this article to downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13 in your iPhone. You really don’t need iTunes because it’s risky and you can lose your important data in this process, so the wisest choice would be Dr.Fone - System Repair. This amazing software can not only help you to downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13 but also fix any kind of iOS stuck or recovery mode issues in a very short time. If you are not comfortable using any beta version of iOS that can be a real problem for you to use, then downgrade your iOS right now with the help of this article. All you have to do is follow the guideline process and do what is needed to do.
- 1. iOS 12 Troubleshooting
- 1. Downgrade iOS 12 to iOS 11
- 2. Photos Disappeared from iPhone after iOS 12 Update
- 3. iOS 12 Data Recovery
- 5. WhatsApp Problems with iOS 12 and Solutions
- 6. iOS 12 Update Bricked iPhone
- 7. iOS 12 Freezing iPhone
- 8. iOS 12 Attempting Data Recovery
- 2. iOS 12 Tips