How to Export iCloud Contacts to Outlook
iPhone is the most sought after smartphone brand globally which runs on iOS operating system. However, when it comes to the personal computer or laptop the preferred operating system is Microsoft windows. In an iPhone the contacts are stored under iCloud whereas in a PC with Microsoft windows, the contacts are synced with MS Outlook. So to import iCloud contacts to Outlook can be a challenge.
With this article we will convince you that it is possible to import iCloud contacts to outlook using a Windows in-built feature along with an efficient third party tool called dr.fone - iOS Data Backup & Restore. Moreover, we will also find out the easiest and safest method to import iCloud contacts to Outlook on your computer.
- Part 1: Does Apple Allow You to Sync iCloud Contacts to Outlook?
- Part 2. How to Export iCloud Contacts to Computer (Easy, Fast & Safe)
- Part 3: Using a web browser to export iCloud contacts to computer.
- Part 4. How to Import iCloud Contacts to Outlook
An obvious question in anyone’s mind would be whether it is directly possible to import iCloud contacts to outlook. The answer is simple, NO. Since both the apps work on different OS and with different architecture they are not compatible with each other and hence it is not possible to directly import iCloud contacts to outlook.
In order to accomplish this, you need to export the iCloud contacts to an intermediary device like a PC or laptop and save it as a file. The next step will be to import the contacts from the saved file to MS outlook using an inbuilt feature of Outlook.
In order to export the iCloud contacts you will need dr.fone - iPhone Data Recovery tool which is one of the most efficient and safest third party tools available. With this tool you can easily extract and export iCloud contacts to a PC. The tool is one of the best iCloud backup extractors in the market, and is available for both Windows as well as MAC platforms. Apart from contacts, you can also export messages, pictures, call records, videos, Whatsapp and Facebook messages from your iPhone to a computer using the dr.fone tool which even has international recognition from Forbes and Deloitte.
Selectivley and easily export iCloud contacts to computer.
- World's 1st iPhone and iPad data extractor.
- Export contacts including numbers, names, emails, job titles, companies,etc.
- Allows to preview and extract any data you want.
- Selectively extract messages, contacts, videos, photos, etc, from iPhone, iTunes and iCloud backup.
- Supports all models of iPhone, iPad, and iPod.
How to export iCloud contacts to your computer using dr.fone:
Step 1. Download and install the dr.fone program to your computer, then launch it.
Step 2. Now click on the "Recover from iCloud Backup File" button at the top of the main interface.
Step 3. In the next window fill in your iCloud login details and credentials.
Step 4. After logging in, you will see a list of iCloud data backup files. Select the file which has the contacts you want to export. Then click on the Download button against the selected file.
Step 5. Now this is where dr.fone tool showcases its versatility and features, making it worthy of such high ratings from PC World, CNET, and many more. The tool gives you an option to selectively choose contacts from the left pane. Once selection is done click on "Recover to Computer" button to export these contacts over to your computer. dr.fone also gives you an option to save this contact file as .csv, .html, or vcard. Moreover, you can also directly click on the "Print" button to take a print out of your contacts
dr.fone – The original phone tool – working to help you since 2003
That’s it! You are done with the first step in your bid to import iCloud contacts to outlook. With dr.fone - iPhone data recovery tool you can do it fast, with ease and safely
There is also an alternative no expense method which uses a web browser to export iCloud contacts to computer. However, for importing these contacts you need licensed MS Outlook version.
These are the steps you need to follow to do this:
- Open a web browser and go to the iCloud page and login with your details.
- You need to go through a 2-step procedure to verify your identity.
- Select the "Contacts" icon on the next page.
- Click on the "Settings" icon next.
- In the next menu click "Select All".
- After selecting the desired contacts, click the settings button again and click on "Export vCard" this time.
- Save the vCard file on your hard drive.
However, unlike with the previous step, this isn’t a sure fire means of importing contacts to MS Outlook.
The next phase of importing the contact file saved on your computer to MS outlook does not need any third party tool. It can be directly done with an inbuilt feature of MS Outlook.
These are the steps you need to follow:
- Launch MS Outlook and login with your preferred email account.
- Click on the "More" button located on the bottom of the left pane of MS outlook window. The button is generally represented by 3 dots "...".
- Click on the "Folders" button from the displayed list.
- Again, on the left pane you will get an option to select the button "Contacts (This computer only)".
- Now go to "File" menu on top of the Outlook window.
- Now click on "Open & Export" button which will appear on the left pane of the next window.
- Click "Import/Export" from the right pane now.
- In the Import and Export wizard box you will get multiple options to choose from, select "Import from another program or file" and then click on the "Next" button.
- In the next menu, you will get an option to select file type to import from, choose "Comma Separated Values".
- Under options, click on the appropriate action you want to take on duplicate contacts. To be on the safer side, select "Allow duplicate to be created".
- In the next menu of select destination folder, select the option "Contacts (This Computer Only)".
- Press the "Finish" button after making any changes.
- Wait until contacts are getting synced with MS outlook.
- Congratulations! You are done with the final step of import iCloud contacts to Outlook.
Well, now you know how to import iCloud contacts to Outlook. It must be evident that getting it done through dr.fone is much more convenient than the alternative long-winded method. However, feel free to use whichever method best suits you!
Do leave a comment down below and let us know if this article has been of help to you!
- 1. Recover iPhone Contacts
- Recover iPhone Contacts
- Recover iPhone Contacts without Backup
- Retrieve iPhone Contacts
- Find Lost iPhone Contacts in iTunes
- Retrieve Deleted Contacts
- iPhone Contacts Missing
- 2. Transfer iPhone Contacts
- Export iPhone Contacts to VCF
- Export iCloud Contacts
- Export iPhone Contacts to CSV without iTunes
- Print iPhone Contacts
- Import iPhone Contacts
- View iPhone Contacts on Computer
- Export iPhone Contacts from iTunes
- 3. Backup iPhone Contacts