How to Export iCloud Contacts to Outlook
Apple users tend to save their contact lists to iCloud for various reasons. One of which is to access them conveniently from one iDevice to another. This feature is indeed very useful and beneficial, especially if you’re using multiple Apple gadgets routinely. Imagine you don’t need at all to transfer your directories manually from time to time. By just logging in to your iCloud account, you can easily view your contacts from your preferred iOS device.
But what if you’re using a Windows desktop? Well, it’s completely a different story. You first need to sync your iCloud contacts to Outlook in order to access them from your Windows computer. Don’t worry. The procedures are so easy to follow. You can surely do it even with your one eye closed.
In this article, we’ll delve into the differences between iCloud and Outlook. We will also provide helpful tips to help you navigate these two platforms with ease. Lastly, we have prepared a short guide on how to import Outlook contacts to iCloud and vice versa. Read on to learn more.
Part 1. Understanding the Difference Between iCloud and Outlook
iCloud is probably not new to most of you. It’s been around for quite some time now. The same thing goes for Microsoft Outlook. It has been in service since the 90s. But just to clear the air, iCloud and Outlook are actually two different platforms. The former is obviously an iOS program, while the latter runs on Windows devices. Therefore, accessibility issues might arise if you try to use them interchangeably.
In simple language, iCloud is an internet-hosted service that acts as an alternative storage for iOS devices. It allows Apple users to store various types of data and organize them in one place. iCloud is commonly synced to the local storage of the iOS device and integrated into other platforms like Google. This way, the files in the Cloud can be accessed easily anytime and anywhere.
On the one hand, Microsoft Outlook is a program mainly used for email communication. Members of an organization or a big corporation often employ MS Outlook to keep in touch with each other. Additionally, they also use it to manage high volumes of calendar appointments, tasks, contact lists, and other related entries. Outlook is indeed a powerful tool that diligently serves its ultimate purpose. Hence, it’s unsurprising that it still remains very relevant even in today’s modern age of social media.
Although iCloud and Outlook are different in many areas, it can’t be denied that they’re quite similar in one thing. What is it? Both of them are capable of saving directories. Therefore, you can sync your iCloud contacts to Outlook if you need to access them from a Windows desktop. Don’t worry. It’s as easy pie. Just ensure you have a reliable internet connection and, of course, an active subscription to MS Outlook service.
Part 2. Easiest Methods to Sync iCloud Contacts to Outlook
Microsoft Outlook offers a portable channel for Apple users to access their iCloud contacts conveniently. However, it’s important to take note that there’s no instant way to do it so. You must first sync your iCloud contacts to Outlook before you can access them from both platforms. Don’t fret. There are two methods you can try to do it easily. Check out the provided guides below.
Method 1: Sync iCloud Contacts to Outlook Via the iCloud for Windows App
For the record, there is actually an iCloud app that is designed to run on Windows devices. From there, you can easily sync your iCloud contacts to Outlook with just the snap of a finger. Here’s how to do it.
- Step 1: Visit Microsoft Store and download the iCloud for Windows app.
- Step 2: Launch the iCloud for Windows app and wait until it fully loads.
- Step 3: Type in your Apple ID and registered password to log in.
- Step 4: Once you’re in, check the tick box next to the Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks option. You may uncheck the other tick boxes if you don’t wish to sync them along with the contacts.
- Step 5: Click Apply.
- Step 6: Lastly, go to your MS Outlook app and review the contacts that have been synced from iCloud.
Method 2: Import the iCloud Contacts to Outlook Manually
Let's say method 1 didn’t pull through for some unknown reason. Don’t worry. Alternatively, you can try to sync your iCloud contacts to Outlook manually. Here’s how to do it in easy steps.
Export iCloud contacts via web
- Step 1: Open the browser on your computer.
- Step 2: Access your iCloud account via the web. Visit icloud.com.
- Step 3: Type in your Apple ID and password.
- Step 4: Click the Contacts icon.
- Step 5: Find and click the Gear icon at the bottom-left corner of the window.
- Step 6: Click Select All. Otherwise, select the specific iCloud contacts you wish to sync to Outlook individually.
- Step 7: Click Export vCard.
- Step 8: The Vcard that contains your iCloud contact lists will be saved on your computer in VCF format.
Export iCloud contacts using Wondershare Dr.Fone
- Step 1: Download Wondershare Dr.Fone from its official website. Install it on your computer.
- Step 2: Launch the newly installed Wondershare Dr.Fone application on your desktop.
- Step 3: Find and click Data Recovery on the main dashboard.
- Step 4: Choose iOS.
- Step 5: Choose Recover Data From iCloud.
- Step 6: Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Step 7: Find the specific iCloud backup that contains the contact list you want to export. Click the Download button next to it.
- Step 8: Head over to the left panel and select Contact. You may check the tick box beside it to select all your iCloud contacts or select them one by one.
- Step 9: Click Recover to Computer. Choose CSV format because it’s the file type supported by MS Outlook. Right after, Wondershare Dr.Fone will automatically export your contact list to your computer.
Import iCloud contacts to Outlook
- Step 1: First and foremost, make sure that the file you will import to Outlook is in CSV format.
- Step 2: Log in to your MS Outlook account.
- Step 3: Head over to the bottom-left corner of your screen and find the People icon. Click on it.
- Step 4: Thereafter, find the drop-down menu in the top-right corner of your screen. Select Manage > Import Contacts.
- Step 5: Click Browse. Find and select the CSV file you wish to import. And then click Open.
- Step 6: Lastly, click Import.
Part 3. How to Import Outlook Contacts to iCloud
What if you need to do the reverse? Well, there’s nothing to worry about. It’s not rocket science to import Outlook contacts to iCloud. The process is almost similar to syncing your iCloud contacts to Outlook. It’s just that you have to commence the procedure with the latter. Follow the easy steps below on how to transfer Outlook contacts to iCloud.
Export Outlook contacts
Here’s how to export Outlook contacts and save them on your computer.
- Step 1: Go to MS Outlook on your desktop.
- Step 2: Click File from the top menu bar.
- Step 3: Click Open & Export. Successively, click Import/Export.
Step 4: Click Export to a File > Next.
- Step 5: Choose Comma Separated Values or CSV format.
- Step 6: Click Next.
- Step 7: Click Contacts or any other folder that contains the contacts you wish to export.
- Step 8: Specify the particular folder where you want to save the CSV file. Right after, click Next > Finish.
Transfer Outlook contacts to iCloud
After obtaining the CSV file from MS Outlook, it’s now time to import it to iCloud. Here’s how to do it in easy steps.
- Step 1: Go to icloud.com.
- Step 2: Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Step 3: Click the Contacts icon.
- Step 4: Find and click the Gear icon at the bottom-left corner of your screen.
- Step 5: Click Import Vcard. Select the file you want to import. Make sure it’s in VCF format.
- Step 6: Lastly, review your iCloud contacts and check if the Outlook contacts have already been added.
Your directories are among the most important data on your Apple device. Losing them permanently is nothing different from cutting ties with the important people in your life. Thus, backing them up regularly to iCloud, Outlook, and other digital storage is important. Use the complete guide below to import Outlook contacts to iCloud and vice versa. Moreover, download and install Wondershare Dr.Fone on your computer. Its Data Recovery feature is indeed very helpful to everyone nowadays.
- Transfer to iCloud
- 1. Sync Data from iTunes to iCloud
- 2. Transfer Google Drive to iCloud
- 3. Transfer iPhone Music to iCloud
- 4. Move iPhone Photos to iCloud
- 5. Upload Camera Roll to iCloud
- 6. Upload Photos to iCloud
- Transfer from iCloud
- 1. Transfer iCloud Data to Android
- 2. Transfer iCloud Data to Samsung
- 3. Transfer iCloud Contacts to Android
- 4. Transfer iCloud Photos to Android
- 5. Transfer iCloud Photos to iPhone
- 7. Export iCloud Contacts to Outlook
- 8. Restore WhatsApp Backup from iCloud to Android
- 9. Transfer WhatsApp Backup from iCloud to Google Drive
- iCloud Tips