5 Ways to Transfer data from iCloud to Samsung S10
We all know how much money goes in owning an iPhone. Undoubtedly, it’s well lauded for its great camera quality, high edged design, and sleek body. But, it isn’t easy to upkeep the cost. One is bound to pay the price for even tuning to their favorite line of music! Some users get tired of it and grow a great inclination towards the Android phones. And the latest Samsung S10 is a great heartthrob, one aims to get. Being in competition to iDevices, Samsung S10 is a way advanced model with good built and screen packed with cutting edge features.
However, you might be questioning yourself ‘how do I transfer data from iCloud to Samsung’? Well in reality there is no direct way to transfer data from iCloud to Samsung S10. Thanks, to iPhone’s restrictions! But fret not, there are some good tools that can help you to transfer data from iCloud to Samsung and also to sync iTunes to Samsung S10 with ease. So without wasting any minute, let us quickly unveil those methods right here!
- Part 1: Manually transfer data from iCloud to Samsung S10
- Part 2: One click to restore iCloud to Samsung S10 with a PC
- Part 3: Restore iCloud to Samsung S10 without a computer
- Part 4: Export data from iCloud to Samsung S10 with a switching tool
- Part 5: Export data from iCloud to Samsung S10 with Smart Switch
Part 1: Manually transfer data from iCloud to Samsung S10
The Android and iOS operating systems have their own kind of features, interface and settings. There is no smooth medium of transferring data to and fro. Hence, if one has to transfer data from iPhone, they need to do it by the help of iCloud. It’s from the iCloud, you’ll fetch the stuff to your PC and then get it on your Samsung S10!
So, brace yourself, as we will be discussing on stretch about the possible methods on how to restore iTunes backup to Samsung S10.
Step 1: Exporting files from iCloud
The very step is to export the desired files from iCloud. For that you have to follow down the steps mentioned below.
- Open your PC and browse iCloud.com from your native browser. Sign in to your iCloud account and then click on the ‘Contacts’ icon from the launch pad.
- You can then choose to manually select contact files individually or opt for ‘Select All’ if you desire. For this, hit on the ‘Gear’ icon on the bottom left and opt in for the ‘Select All’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Gear’ again and opt for ‘Export vCard’ this time. This will prompt your PC to download a VCF file consisting of all the selected contacts. You may witness a different name of the file as it is explicit for the contacts that are exported.
Step 2: Import the File to Gmail
Once the file gets exported, now one has to import the file to your existing GMAIL account. Here is what needs to be done:
- Sign in to your Google account from a web browser and then tap the ‘Gmail’ logo featured at the top left corner of the main page.
- Tap on ‘Contacts’ and then hit the ‘More’ button appearing in the middle of the screen.
- Now, from the dropdown menu, you need to click on ‘Import’ option.
- From the appearing window, you are required to hit on ‘Choose File’ button to locate the vcf contacts file that you exported from iCloud to your PC.
- Lastly, tap on ‘Import’ button again and in a short while all the contacts will appear on your screen.
Step 3: Sync Samsung S10 with Gmail account
Once through with importing the files, we will now have to sync Samsung S10 with Gmail account. Here is how:
- Grab your Samsung S10 and click on ‘Settings’, then locate the ‘Accounts’ section.
- Now, press the ‘Add Account’ option and select ‘Google’.
- The, sign in with the same Google account credentials where you imported iCloud contacts.
- Once done, a list of data types will appear on your screen. Ensure that the ‘Contacts’ data type is turned on from the category list.
- Click on ‘3 vertical dots’ afterwards and tap on ‘Sync Now’.
Step 4 Transfer other data
Just as we transferred contacts, in the similar way, one has to transfer all other files from iCloud to your Samsung S10. All you need to do is download the files from iCloud to your PC. Then, draw connection of your device with PC using USB cable and you know the drill ahead. Simply, transfer the files you would want to use in your Samsung device.
Part 2: One click to restore iCloud to Samsung S10 with a PC
The honest confrontation after seeing aforementioned steps is- it’s too lengthy!
Well yes, but to ease out restoring files from iCloud to Samsung, try dr.fone-Backup & Restore. With its 100% success rate, this tool satisfies users with its advanced features of restoring, backing up and previewing easily. What’s unique about this tool is its ability of restoring the iCloud backup components to a foreign device i.e. Android device. dr.fone assures to deliver the results in deluxe speed and does not budge an inch to Android’s data or settings.
Flexibly Restore iCloud to Samsung Galaxy S10
- It shares compatibility with 8000+ Android devices such as HTC, Samsung, LG, Sony and several popular brands.
- One can be 100% assured of their data being protected during the entire backup or restore process.
- Gives one the liberty of gaining brief insights of files via Preview screen.
- Leverages users to backup Android data in just 1 click!
- Users can easily restore files, audios, PDFs, contacts, calendars and several other utility files and folders.
Let’s now understand the step by step tutorial on how to make use of dr.fone - Backup & Restore to transfer all files from iCloud to your Samsung S10.
Step 1 – Donwload dr.fone - Backup & Restore on your PC
In order to begin with transferring, simply install dr.fone- Backup & Restore on your PC. Allow the software to run on your system. Once through, don’t forget to hit ‘Backup &Restore’ option featuring over the main page.
Step 2 – Connect your PC and device
Now, get hold of a genuine USB cable to link your Android phone with PC respectively. Then you need to click on ‘Restore’ button from the program interface.
Step 3 – Sign in with your iCloud credentials
From the following screen, tap on ‘Restore from iCloud backup’ tab available over the left panel.
Note: In case, two-factor authentication option is enabled over your iCloud account. You need to authenticate the program using the verification code that will be delivered to your iPhone. Just, key-in the code in the screen and tap on ‘Verify’.
Step 4 – Download files from iCloud file
Once you have thoroughly signed in, the backups associated to your account will be enlisted in the tool screen. Just, opt for the suitable one and tap on ‘Download’. This will save the backup file into a local directory on your PC.
Step 5 – Preview and Restore files
From the next screen, you can preview the data from the iCloud backup file that you recently downloaded. Tick mark the files you require after thoroughly reviewing the items. Once you’re satisfied with your selection, hit on ‘Restore to Device’ button on the bottom right corner to initiate the transfer.
Step 6 – Select the destination device
From the upcoming dialog box, choose your ‘Samsung S10’ device featuring in drop-down list and hit the ‘Continue’ button to restore data stored in iCloud file to Samsung S10 file.
Note: De-select (in case you’ve selected) data folders like ‘Voice Memos, Notes, Bookmark or Safari History’ as these are not supported by the Android device.
Part 3: Restore iCloud to Samsung S10 without a computer
Ever since smartphones have unveiled, people drive their work out from phones! So if you are wondering ‘how to transfer data from iCloud to Samsung’ via phone, then dr.fone Switch makes it possible for you. It’s a great Android application designed for transferring files stashed in iCloud to you all slaying Samsung S10 phone. It allows users to switch photos, music, files and several other media files easily.
Excited to know how? Then, tune to the following manual.
Step 1: First and foremost, download Android dr.fone – Switch featuring on the Google Play Store.
Step 2: Once you’ve successfully installed dr.fone – Switch over your Android device, launch it and then click on ‘Import from iCloud’.
Step 3: From the upcoming screen, sign in by giving in the Apple ID and passcode. If two –factor authentication is enabled, insert your verification code as well.
Step 4: Past some moments, the data types available in our iCloud will display over the screen. Simply, opt for the ones needed on your Android device. Once you are through with selecting, simply tap on ‘Start Importing’.
Wait for some time, until data is fully imported. After the process completes, close the application and enjoy the thoroughly imported data right on your Android device.
Part 4: Export data from iCloud to Samsung S10 with a switching tool
Still wondering ‘how do I transfer from iCloud to Samsung Galaxy S10 using a good switching tool’? Well, MobileTrans is a great option you could unveil! With its ultra-built, one can easily transfer data from a variety of devices such as iPhone, Windows, Android, Symbian etc. It is a great standalone option that renders users to directly transfer contacts, messages, photos and several other files in a hassle free manner. Hence, one can switch the components of iCloud to Samsung S10. So without wasting your time, let us quickly understand how MobileTrans processes the transfer!
Step 1: Launch MobileTrans on your PC
Get the MobileTrans software. Use USB cable to link your Android phone with PC. Run the program and tap on ‘Restore from Backups’ followed by ‘iCloud’.
Step 2: Sign in to iCloud account
From the following screen, you’ll be redirected to sign in page of iCloud. Enter your Apple ID and passcode. Hit ‘Enter’ key and then wait for the tool to access your iCloud account.
Step 3: Download iCloud Backup File
Right after that, the program will detect iCloud backup files over your iCloud account and are displayed on the left panel. Select the iCloud backup that is stashed with the files you need. A pop up will occur asking for your consent to download the backup file. Hit ‘Download’ over it.
Step 4: Synchronize iCloud to Samsung S10
You can now select the data types from an organized view of categories in the middle of the software interface. For instance, ‘Contacts’, ’texts’, ‘Photos’ and other available media files. Just select the ones you require and push the ‘Start Transfer’ button afterwards.
Part 5: Export data from iCloud to Samsung S10 with Smart Switch
Syncing iTunes to Samsung is no task when you make use of Samsung Smart Switch app. Designed with care by the powerhouse of Samsung this app caters the need of switching files to and fro. Primarily, it was flared to meet the requirement of transferring data files amongst the Samsung phones. But now, it stretches compatibility with iCloud. Hence, it has become easier to sync iCloud to Samsung S10! Here is how-
Must-knows about Samsung Smart Switch
Before you jump onto steps, there are some considerations you must adhere to. The Samsung Smart Switch might be a considerable option for transferring data from iCloud to Samsung S10. But, here are its loopholes-
- It does not support two-way (to and from) transferring of data between Android and iOS devices.
- Samsung Smart Switch can solely run on Android OS 4.0 and above models.
- Some users have complained about data getting corrupted after transfer completes.
- There are a couple of devices that are not compatible with SmartSwitch. Instead, a user needs to look for other options to transfer data.
How to transfer data from iCloud to Samsung S10 with Smart Switch
- Firstly, get Smart Switch from Google Play on your Samsung Device. Open the app, click on ‘WIRELESS’, tap on ‘RECEIVE’ and opt for ‘iOS’ option.
- Then, sign in with your Apple ID and password. Now, freely opt for the contents you want to transfer from iCloud to Samsung Galaxy S10 and press ‘IMPORT’.
- In case you are using USB cable, do keep iOS cable, Mirco USB and USB Adapter handy. Then, load Smart Switch on your Samsung S10 model and click on ‘USB CABLE’. After that, connect the two devices by iPhone’s USB cable and the USB-OTG adapter that came along with Samsung S10.
- Lastly, click on ‘Trust’ followed by pressing ‘Next’ to proceed further. Select the file and press on ‘TRANSFER’ to transfer from iCloud to Samsung S10.
- S10 reviews
- Switch to S10 from old phone
- Transfer iPhone contacts to S10
- Transfer from Xiaomi to S10
- Switch from iPhone to S10
- Transfer iCloud data to S10
- Transfer iPhone WhatsApp to S10
- Transfer/Backup S10 to computer
- S10 system issues