3 Ways to Recover iCloud Password
"I had stored all my important files, pictures, and messages in my iCloud, but I just can't remember my iCloud password. Can someone please tell me if there's an iCloud password recovery method I can try?"
Do you identify with the above-given scenario? It's a pretty common one. These days we are asked for passwords and usernames for so many different accounts and different places that it's easy to forget one of those usernames and passwords. If you lose the password for iCloud it can be especially disastrous because we rely on iCloud to store all our most important information. But don't worry, we have a bunch of solutions for you to try if you'd like to recover the iCloud password.
Alternatively, if you find that you forget passwords constantly, then maybe don't store important data in your iCloud. You could instead backup data on your iTunes or through third-party software called Dr.Fone - Phone Backup (iOS), these methods don't require you to keep a password. But more on that later.
Also, for each iCloud account, we only get 5 GB of free storage. You can check these 14 simple tips to have more iCloud storage or fix iCloud storage is full on your iPhone/iPad.
Read on to find out how to recover the iCloud password.
- Part 1: How to recover iCloud password on iPhone & iPad
- Part 2: How to Bypass iCloud Password without Knowing the Security Question?
- Part 3: How to recover the iCloud password with ‘My Apple ID'
- Part 4: How to recover iCloud password using two-factor authentication
- Tips: How to selectively backup iPhone data
- Go to Settings > iCloud.
- Enter your email address and tap the option "Forgot Apple ID or Password?".
- Now you can do one of two things:
In case you forgot just the password, enter your Apple ID and click ‘Next.'
In case you forgot both the ID and the password, then you can tap on "Forgot Apple ID", and then enter your email address and name to receive the Apple ID. If you don't have the Apple ID, you can try to reset iPhone without Apple ID.
- You'll be asked the security questions that you'd set up. Answer them.
- Now you can reset your password.
If you want to learn how to bypass the iCloud lock, then you can take the assistance of Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS). By following a simple click-through process, it will let you bypass the iCloud account even if you don’t know the security question. Though, you should know that the process would erase the existing data on your device. Also, you should know the passcode of your phone as you are needed to unlock it during the process. To learn how to bypass iCloud lock using Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS), follow these steps:
- Simply connect your iPhone to your system and launch the Dr.Fone toolkit on it. From its welcome page, you can select the “Screen Unlock” section.
- This will provide different options to unlock your iPhone. Just select the “Unlock Apple ID” feature to continue.
- If you are connecting your iPhone for the first time, then you need to unlock it and tap on the “Trust” button once you get the “Trust This Computer” prompt.
- Since the operation would erase the existing data on your iPhone, you will get the following prompt. Just enter the displayed code (000000) to confirm your choice.
- Now, you simply need to go to your phone’s Settings > General > Reset > Reset all Settings to restore its settings and restart your device.
- Once the device restarts, the application will take the needed steps to unlock your iOS device. Let the application process and make sure that your iPhone stays connected to the system.
- That’s it! In the end, you will be notified that the device is unlocked and you can just disconnect it to use it the way you like.
Note: Please note that the feature would only work on devices running on iOS 11.4 or a previous version.
Another iCloud password recovery method you can try out is logging into Apple's ‘My Apple ID' page to recover the iCloud password.
- Go to appleid.apple.com.
- Click on "Forgot ID or password?"
- Enter Apple ID and hit ‘Next.'
- You will now need to either answer your security questions, or you could retrieve your Apple ID via email.
If you choose ‘Email Authentication,' Apple will send an email to your backup email address. Once you check the appropriate email accounts, you'll find a message from an email called "How To Reset Your Apple ID Password." Follow the link and the instructions.
If you choose ‘Answer Security Questions', you'll have to enter your birthday, along with the security questions you set up for yourself. Click ‘Next.'
- Enter the new password in both fields. Click ‘Reset Password.'
This process will only work if you have two-factor authentication enabled on your account. In this case, even if you forget your password, you can recover the iCloud password from any one of your other trusted devices. Just follow these steps:
- Go to iforgot.apple.com..
- Enter your Apple ID.
- You can now recover iCloud password using one of two methods, either through a trusted device, or using your phone number.
If you choose the option "Use trusted phone number" then you'll receive a notification on your phone number. This will have the steps you can follow to reset the password.
If you choose the option "Reset from another device," you'll have to go to Settings > iCloud from your trusted iOS device. Tap on Password & Security > Change Password. Now you can enter the new password.
After this, you should surely be able to recover the iCloud password. However, if you've lost your iPhone password, you can follow this post to reset the iPhone password.
If you are really worried that you might get completely locked out of your iCloud. Or if you are afraid that you won't be able to remember your security questions and backup email as well, in that case, you should back up your files with Dr.Fone - Phone Backup (iOS).
This tool will be ideal for you to backup the iPhone without a password because it keeps all your backup safe, and you can access it any time conveniently.
Furthermore, this tool brings the added advantage that you can select and decide what exactly you want to backup. And even when you have to restore data, you don't need to download everything together, you can access and selectively restore data.
How to selectively back up your iPhone?
Step 1. Once you launch the Dr.Fone software, select the option "Phone Backup." Connect your device to the computer using a cable. Click on Backup.
Step 2. You'll get an entire catalog of the different types of files available in the device. Select the ones you wish the backup, and click ‘Backup.' The entire process will only take a few minutes.
Step 3. Once your device has been backed up, you can either click Open Backup Location to see the backup from local storage, or clock View Backup History to see all backup file list.
So now you know how to recover iCloud password in case you forget it. There are three different ways of doing that, either through your iPhone or iPad, through ‘My Apple ID’ or through two-step authentication. However, if you’re afraid of forgetting your password, ID, and security questions as well, then you can start backing up your data on Dr.Fone - Phone Backup (iOS) as it doesn’t require a password.
Do let us know down in the comments whether this article has been of help to you. We’d love to hear from you.
- iCloud Unlock
- 1. iCloud Bypass Tools
- 2. Bypass iCloud Lock for iPhone
- 3. Recover iCloud Password
- 4. Bypass iCloud Activation
- 5. Forgot iCloud Password
- 6. Unlock iCloud Account
- 7. Unlock iCloud lock
- 8. Unlock iCloud Activation
- 9. Remove iCloud Activation Lock
- 10. Fix iCloud Lock
- 11. iCloud IMEI Unlock
- 12. Get Rid of iCloud Lock
- 13. Unlock iCloud Locked iPhone
- 14. Jailbreak iCloud Locked iPhone
- 15. iCloud Unlocker Download
- iCloud Tips