Full Guide to Change Your iCloud Account on iPhone
- Part 1: How to Change iCloud Apple ID on iPhone
- Part 2: How to Change iCloud Email on iPhone
- Part 3: How to Change iCloud Password on iPhone
- Part 4: How to Change iCloud Username on iPhone
- Part 5: How to Change iCloud Settings on iPhone
In this process, you add a new ID to your iCloud account, and then sign-in to iCloud on your iPhone/iPad using the new ID. You can follow the step-by-step instructions given below to get the job done:
- Power on your iPhone/iPad.
- From the Home screen, locate at tap Safari from the bottom.
- Once Safari opens up, go to appleid.apple.com.
- From the right of the opened page, tap Manage your Apple ID.
- On the next page, in the available fields, provide your current Apple ID and its password and tap Sign In.
- From the right of the next page, tap Edit from the Apple ID and Primary Email Address section.
- Once the editable field appears, type a new unused email ID that you want to switch to and tap Save.
- Next, go to the inbox of the typed email ID and verify its authenticity.
- After verifying, back on the Safari web browser, tap Sign Out from the top-right corner to sign out from the Apple ID.
- Press the Home button to get back to the Home screen.
- Tap Settings.
- From the Settings window, tap iCloud.
- From the bottom of the iCloud window, tap Sign Out.
- In the warning popup box, tap Sign Out.
- On the confirmation popup box, tap Delete from My iPhone and on the next box that pops up, tap Keep on My iPhone to keep all your personal data on your phone.
- When prompted, type the password for your currently logged on Apple ID and tap Turn off to disable the Find My iPhone feature.
- Wait until the feature is turned off, configuration is saved, and you are successfully signed out of your Apple ID.
- Press the Home button when done, and back on the Home screen, open Safari, go to appleid.apple.com and sign in with the new Apple ID.
- Press the Home button, and go to Settings > iCloud.
- In the available fields, type the new Apple ID and its corresponding password.
- Tap Sign In.
- When the confirmation box pops up at the bottom, tap Merge and wait until your iPhone is ready with your iCloud’s new Apple ID.
Backup & Restore iOS Data Turns Flexible.
- One click to backup the whole iOS device to your computer.
- Support to backup Social apps on iOS devices, such as WhatsApp, LINE, Kik, Viber.
- Allow to preview and restore any item from the backup to a device.
- Export what you want from the backup to your computer.
- No data loss on devices during the restore.
- Selectively backup and restore any data you want.
- Supported iPhone 7/SE/6/6 Plus/6s/6s Plus/5s/5c/5/4/4s that run iOS 10.3/9.3/8/7/6/5/4
- Fully compatible with Windows 10 or Mac 10.13/10.12/10.11.
Since your email ID gets associated with the Apple ID that you used to sign in to iCloud, it cannot be changed without changing the Apple ID altogether. However, you can always add another email ID by following the instructions given below:
- From the Home screen of your iPhone, go to Settings > iCloud.
- On the iCloud window, tap your name from the top.
- From the Apple ID window, tap Contact Information.
- From under the EMAIL ADDRESSES section of the Contact Information window, tap Add Another Email.
- In the available field in the Email Address window, type a new unused email address and tap Done from the top-right corner.
- Next, use any web browser on a computer or your iPhone to verify the email address.
- Follow steps 1 and 2 from the How to Change iCloud Email section described above. If you accidently forgot iCloud password, you can follow this post to recover iCloud password.
- Once on the Apple ID window, tap Password & Security.
- On the Password & Security window, tap Change Password.
- On the Verify Identity window, provide the correct answers to the security questions and tap Verify from the top-right corner.
- In the available fields in the Change Password window, type the current password, new password, and confirm the new password.
- Click Change from the top-right corner.
- Follow 1 and 2 steps from the How to Change iCloud Email section discussed above.
- From the top-right corner of the Apple ID window, tap Edit.
- In the editable fields, replace the first and last names with the new ones.
- Optionally you can also tap the edit option under the profile picture area to add or change your profile picture.
- Once you are satisfied with your changes, tap Done from the top-right corner.
- Again follow 1 and 2 steps from the How to Change iCloud Email of this tutorial.
- From the Apple ID window, tap Devices or Payments as needed, verify the authenticity of your ID as discussed above, and make appropriate changes are required.
Make sure you follow the steps given above correctly. Configuring the settings wrongly may result in misconfigured iDevice, and you may have to go through the lengthy process of retrieving your lost password or resetting your device altogether.
One click to recover data you want from iCloud
- World's 1st iPhone and iPad data recovery software.
- Recover photos, call history, videos, contacts, messages, notes, call logs, and more.
- Highest iPhone data recovery rate in the industry.
- Preview and selectively recover what you want.
- Supported iPhone 8/7 /SE/6/6 Plus/6s/6s Plus/5s/5c/5/4/4s that run iOS 11/10/9/8/7/6/5/4
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Delete from iCloud
- Fix iCloud Issues
- Repeated iCloud sign-in request
- Manage multiple idevices with one Apple ID
- Fix iPhone Stuck on Updating iCloud Settings
- iCloud Contacts Not Syncing
- iCloud Calendars Not Syncing
- iCloud Tricks
- iCloud Using Tips
- Cancel iCloud Storage Plan
- Reset iCloud Email
- iCloud Email Password Recovery
- Change iCloud Account
- Forgot Apple ID
- Upload Photos to iCloud
- iCloud Storage Full
- Best iCloud Alternatives
- Restore iCloud from Backup Without Reset
- Restore WhatsApp from iCloud
- Backup Restore Stuck
- Backup iPhone to iCloud
- iCloud Backup Messages