3 Ways to Transfer Data from iCloud to Android
Well, to be honest, many users like you and me enjoy shifting from iOS to Android and back for new features or simply as you need a change. Isn’t it? However, not many of you know the best ways to transfer or move data from these two OS devices. Therefore, in this article, we are going to talk about some ways in which you can perform iCloud to Android transfer easily.
So, without waiting much read the article to get the answer on how to transfer data from iCloud to Android.
Part 1: Transfer iCloud backup to Android with 1 click
Have you ever wanted to transfer your photos, videos, messages etc. from your iPhone to Android and ended up spending a lot of time finding the right solution? Well, in this part we will exclusively tell you how you can transfer stuff from iCloud to Android selectively and without worrying about data loss.
This software can transfer all your iCloud content to an Android device without any conversion or compatibility issues. dr.fone- Phone Backup (Android) is guaranteed to save you a lot of time while transferring your data from iCloud to Android.
There are many additional benefits in using dr.fone to transfer iCloud backup to Android like:
Restore iCloud backup to Android Selectively.
- Selectively backup Android data to computer with one click.
- Preview and restore backup to any Android devices.
- Supports 8000+ Android devices.
- There is no data lost during backup, export or restore.
So, let’s move ahead with the guide. Follow these steps to use dr.fone – Phone Backup (Android) to transfer from iCloud to Android:
Step 1: The very first step would be to download and launch the tool post which you will get a home screen like the one below. Then, click on the ‘Phone Backup’ option.
Step 2 – Now, connect your Android device via USB cable and click on ‘Restore’
Step 3 – Once you see the next screen, select “Restore from iCloud Backup” option (last one) and sign into your iCloud account using your Username and Password.
Step 4 – You will receive a verification code but only if you turned on two-factor authentication. Enter the code and verify the account.
Step 5 – Now, after you have signed into iCloud, the page will display all the listed backups. There you need to select the required backed up data and press the download button next to it.
Step 6 – After all the files are downloaded, dr.fone will reorganize the data into different categories. You can then preview and select the files you want to download.
Click on the files you want to transfer to Android and click on ‘Restore to Device’.
You will now see a dialog box appear. Here, select the Android device option and proceed with “Continue” button
There you go, you have successfully restored the iCloud backed up data to your Android device.
Part 2: Sync iCloud to Android with Samsung Smart Switch
Have you bought a new Samsung device and want to move data from your iPhone? Well, then you are in the right place. In this section, we will learn how you can sync your iCloud data to Android. To perform iCloud to Android transfer, you need Samsung Smart Switch. This is a special app designed by Samsung that gives you the freedom to switch your phone content from one device to Samsung Android device. The app is an excellent choice because transferring data between iCloud and Android device is smooth and easy to accomplish.
Follow the steps below to transfer data from iCloud to Android using Samsung Smart Switch.
Step 1 – First of all, take your new Android device and launch the Samsung Smart Switch app (after you download it).
Step 2 – Now, on the App select Wireless > Receive > iOS
Step 3 – As shown below, log in to your iCloud account with Apple ID and password.
Step 4 – You will now see that Samsung Smart Switch has listed out the ‘basic’ content you want to transfer, for example, contacts, app list, and notes. Unselect any content you don’t want to transfer, then choose ‘Import’.
Step 5 – Select ‘Continue’ to enter the second stage.
Step 6 – Choose the type of content you want to import, for example, photos, videos, and voice memos. Select ‘Import’.
Step 7 – Finally, once you import the data, there will be additional options for downloading and installing apps. You can continue with this option (or explore more features) or close the app.
Advantages of this solution:
- Transferring data with Samsung smart switch is quite easy and fast;
- It is free to Download.
Disadvantage of this solution:
- You are allowed to transfer data from any device to Samsung device only, the opposite is not allowed;
- B: Some devices are not compatible.
- C: The latest Smart Switch from Samsung is only compatible with iOS 10 or higher, so in case your iPhone has an older version of iOS, this software won’t work.
Part 3: Transfer iCloud Contacts to Android via vCard file
vCard files (VFC’s for short) are virtual calling cards containing contact information. VFC’s contain all important information which includes the following:
- Address information
- E-mail address
- Audio clips
These are known as electronic business cards because they contain so much contact information. VFC’s are often attached to email messages and are exchanged on different communication mediums like instant messaging and the World Wide Web. VFC’s are important in communication as data interchange format used in mobile devices like PDA’s, Customer relations management (CRM’s) and Personal Information managers (PIM’s). VFC’s come in different formats like JSON, XML, and even web page format because they are used in different mediums and devices. VFC’s are an excellent method to transfer the iCloud backup to Android because the files transfer seamlessly across different devices and platforms.
Can you transfer stuff from iCloud to Android? The answer is yes. If you are interested in using VFC’s to transfer your contact information from your iCloud to your Android device, then follow the steps outlined below.
Step 1 – Transfer Contacts to iCloud: Here, you would need to check if your contact information is already stored on iCloud. To perform this procedure, go to Settings > iCloud and enable ‘Contacts’ option.
Step 2 – Download Contacts in VFC format: Visit your official iCloud page>click on the ‘Contacts’ section on the index page. On the Contacts page, you will find a gear symbol in the bottom left-hand corner of the page. The symbol represents ‘Settings’; click on the symbol to open up more options. One of these options includes ‘Export vCard’. Click on it and all the vCard contacts will be downloaded onto the computer desktop.
Step 3 – Transfer the contact list to Android phone: Connect your phone via USB cable to your desktop computer. Once the computer reads your phone, go to the drive and transfer the iCloud contact list directly into the phone.
Step 4: Import the contacts to your Android phone: Take your Android phone and open the ‘Contacts’ app. Select the ‘Menu button’ to get a list of options. Here, select the ‘Import from SIM card’ option and you will find the all the contacts properly imported into your Android phone.
Advantage: vCard performs safe transfer of contact information.
Disadvantage: It is limited to contact transfer process only, not any other kind of data.
Part 4: Tips for transferring data to Android
Transferring your information can be painful when upgrading to a brand new Android phone. Fortunately, we provide some tips that will make the transition much easier to bear.
1. Know your backup sources: Before transferring data, you need to make sure that all your information is already backed up on an external storage. If you already have your photos, music, videos, and notes etc. stored on a USB device then it is fine. Another option is the Google backup option. Most Android phones have the option to sync with the Google Drive. It is the best way to make sure that everything stored on your old phone is kept safe.
2. Check if your old Android phone is synced with the Google Drive: You need to go to the Settings menu and find the ‘Backup’ option. Each Android phone is designed differently so the menu will be organized differently, for example on Nexus phones, the option to transfer to Google Drive is found under the ‘Personal’ tab. Make sure the phone is synced with the Google Drive account, before backing up your information.
3. Use Google Photos: Google Photos is a mobile app developed and released by Google in May 2015. The app was designed to help users organize and backup images stored on their phone. This is a great app to use if you want to transfer all your images from your old phone to your new phone. Many of us have tons of photos, which we are reluctant to delete. By using Google Photos, you can create albums to categorize your photos and send them to your new phone instantly. If you want, you can even use Google Photos to store all your images permanently. Google Photos can store your photos on the Google Drive making it accessible on another device.
4. Export your contacts using SIM card and SD cards: Transferring your contact information is an easy process because you have two options. The first option is to sync with the Google Drive. However, if you feel that is not an option, you can export your contacts to the SIM card. This option works if both the new and old Android phone has a SIM card slot (newer phones may not have a slot). Transfer your contacts to the SD card, and then place the card inside the new phone.
To export contacts to the SIM you must:
- Step 1 – Go to your Contacts app on the phone and press the menu button.
- Step 2 – A list of options will pop up, select the ‘Import/Export’ option.
- Step 3 – Select the ‘Export to SIM card’ option.
If you choose to use an SD card then the process will be similar. Transfer the contacts to your SD card, remove the card and place it inside your new phone.
So friends, in this article, I am sure you got some good to know information on how to transfer data from iCloud to Android. Following the above guide will help you to transfer the iCloud backup to Android both in a safe and secure manner. Lastly, we also hope that you have a great time using your new Android device.
You Might Also Like
- iCloud to Android
- iCloud Photos to Android
- iCloud Contacts to Android
- Access iCloud on Android
- iCloud to Android Transfer
- Setup iCloud Account on Android
- iCloud Contacts to Android
- iCloud to iOS
- Restore iCloud from Backup Without Reset
- Restore WhatsApp from iCloud
- Restore New iPhone from iCloud
- Restore Photos from iCloud
- iPhone Contacts Transfer Without iCloud
- iCloud Tips