3 Ways to Transfer iCloud Photos to Android
Moving from iOS to Android can be a tedious process for many. After all, iPhone users mostly store their data in iCloud, which can’t easily be accessed on Android devices. Therefore, to transfer photos from iCloud to Android, they need to take some added measures. Surprisingly, there are numerous ways to transfer iCloud photos to Android. You can first download the photos to your Mac or PC and copy them to your device. There are also a few third-party tools that can help you as well. Let’s get to know more about these options in detail.
Part 1: 1 Click to transfer iCloud photos to Android
One of the best ways to transfer pictures from iCloud to Android is by using Dr.Fone – Phone Backup (Android). A part of the Dr.Fone toolkit, it provides a highly reliable and secure data transfer solution. You can use it to backup your Android device as well and restore it whenever you want. Besides that, it can help you restore iCloud and iTunes backup to an Android device selectively.
Simply load an iCloud backup of your choice and transfer your photos, messages, contacts, call logs, etc. to the target Android device. The interface also provides a preview of the data. Therefore, you can simply select the type of content that you wish to transfer to your Android. It has a user-friendly interface that will let you transfer photos from iCloud to Android phone with a single click.
Flexibly Backup and Restore Android Data
- Selectively backup Android data to the computer with one click.
- Preview and restore the backup to any Android devices.
- Supports 8000+ Android devices.
- There is no data lost during backup, export, or restoration.
1．Firstly, launch the Dr.Fone toolkit on your Mac or Windows PC and select the “Phone Backup” option.
2. Connect your target Android device to the system and wait for it to be detected by the application automatically. To continue, click on the “Restore” button.
3. In the next window, you will be provided with different ways to transfer data to your phone. To transfer iCloud photos to Android, click on the “Restore from iCloud Backup” option from the left panel.
4. You will be asked to log-in to your iCloud account. Simply provide the correct credentials of the account where your iCloud backup is saved.
5. If two-factor authentication has been enabled on your account, then you need to verify it by entering the relevant key.
6. After signing in to your iCloud account, the interface will provide a list of all the saved iCloud backup files with their details. Simply select and download the file of your choice.
7. The application will download and automatically load the data from the selected iCloud backup. All the data will be categorized into different folders.
8. Go to the “Photo” tab and select the photos that you wish to transfer. You can select all photos in one go as well. Just click on the “Restore to Device” button to transfer photos from iCloud to Android.
In this way, you can transfer pictures from iCloud to Android with a single click. It is an extremely secure and fast solution that can help you transfer all your iCloud photos to Android without facing any unwanted hassle.
Part 2: Download iCloud photos to PC and transfer to Android
Apart from Dr.Fone, there are a few other ways to download iCloud photos to Android as well. For instance, you can use the iCloud for Windows app or simply visit iCloud’s website to download your photos to your PC. Later, you can transfer these photos to your Android device. Needless to say, it is a very tedious and time-consuming solution.
Firstly, you have to save your photos to your PC and then move them to your Android device. Besides your time, it will also consume the bandwidth of your network and your system’s space. There could be duplicated photos as well, which might tamper with your privacy. Though, if you wish to transfer iCloud photos to Android using your PC, you can follow these steps.
1. To start with, download iCloud for Windows and complete the installation. Launch the application whenever you wish to move iCloud photos to Android.
2. Check “Photos” and go to its Option. From here, you need to enable the iCloud Photo Sharing and iCloud Photo Library feature.
3. Before you close the Application, make sure that you have applied all the changes.
4. Now, from the system tray, find the iCloud icon and right-click it.
5. Under the iCloud Photos category, click on the “Download Photos” button.
6. Wait for a while for all the photos to be downloaded. Afterward, go to your Windows directory > Users > [Username] > Pictures > iCloud Photos.
7. In the “Downloads” folder, you can find all the downloaded photos from iCloud on your PC.
8. Great! Now, you can just connect your Android device to the PC. Once your device is detected, you will get a prompt on its screen. Choose to use it as a media device (MTP).
9. After your phone is connected, you can simply transfer iCloud photos to Android manually using the Windows Explorer.
Part 3: Download iCloud photos to Mac and transfer to Android
Just like Windows, you can also transfer pictures from iCloud to Android using your Mac as well. Though, you can’t connect your Android to a Mac the usual way. Therefore, you need to use a third-party solution like Android File Transfer. This makes the entire process extremely tiresome and complicated. Besides taking more time, it can be a bit confusing as well. Nevertheless, by following these steps, you can transfer photos from iCloud to Android using Mac.
1. To start with, simply launch the iCloud app on your Mac and turn on the iCloud Photo Library option.
2. You can even go to iCloud’s official website to access your photos. Log-in to your account and go to the “Photos” tab from the welcome screen.
3. From here, you can view all the albums stored in iCloud. To view all the photos, just click on the “All Photos” option from the left panel.
4. Select the photos (or albums) that you wish to save and click on the Download icon. This will save the selected photos on your Mac. The same process can be implemented in Windows PC as well.
5. Now, to access your Android device on your Mac, you need to download Android File Transfer.
6. Connect your Android device to Mac and use it for media transfer. Furthermore, you can launch the Android File Transfer application on your Mac as well. It will automatically detect the connected device.
7. Go to the location where your downloaded photos are stored and simply drag-and-drop them to your Android device file system.
Besides Android File Transfer, there are different ways to transfer pictures from iCloud to Android as well. After downloading iCloud photos to your Mac, you can upload them to Google Drive and access it on your Android. You can also use Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (Android) to move data between Mac and Android seamlessly.
Part 4: Transfer iCloud photos to Android without a computer
A lot of users don’t prefer using a computer (either Windows or Mac) to transfer photos from iCloud to Android phones. After all, it can be time-consuming and tedious to move iCloud photos to Android via a computer (without using a dedicated tool like Dr.Fone). You can always go to iCloud’s website on your Android device and download the photos of your choice.
Though, it might take a lot of time to load and preview photos on a small screen. Also, it will consume a lot of your mobile data as well. Your Android phone might not have enough free space and adding so many photos can further slow down its processing. Nevertheless, it is a more convenient and handy approach to download iCloud photos to Android directly.
- Launch any web browser on your Android device and visit the iCloud’s website.
- Go to the browser settings/options and tap on the “Request Desktop Site” option. This is because by default the browser would display the mobile version of the website and you won’t be able to browse your iCloud photos easily on it.
- Once the desktop version of the site is loaded, just enter your iCloud credentials and log-in to your account.
- Go to the “Photos” tab from the home screen to view the saved photos.
- Select the photos (or albums) you wish to transfer and click on the download icon.
- Accept the download prompt and wait for a while as the selected photos are saved on your Android device storage.
Now when you know how to transfer photos from iCloud to Android in different ways, you can easily keep your pictures handy and safe. As you can see, Dr.Fone – Phone Backup (Android) is the most convenient, time-saving, and user-friendly method out of all the provided options. It allows us to preview our data beforehand so that we can perform a selective transfer of iCloud photos to Android. Feel free to give it a try and share this guide with others as well.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iCloud to Android
- iCloud Photos to Android
- iCloud Contacts to Android
- Access iCloud on Android
- iCloud to Android Transfer
- Setup iCloud Account on Android
- iCloud Contacts to Android
- iCloud to iOS
- Restore iCloud from Backup Without Reset
- Restore WhatsApp from iCloud
- Restore New iPhone from iCloud
- Restore Photos from iCloud
- iPhone Contacts Transfer Without iCloud
- iCloud Tips