How to Control PC with Mobile Phones?
“How to Control PC with Mobile Phones? If I want to access some files on my home computer from my office, then is it possible to access the data from my phone remotely? If it is conceivable, then how can I perform the activity?“
You can control your PC with the help of your smartphone. If you do not know how, then we will discuss every possible technique to perform the process. So, keep following this post until the very end and learn how to control PC with mobile.
Part 1. Control PC with Mobile – Why there is a Need to Control PC with Mobile Phone?
Smartphones are arguably one of the greatest inventions of the modern era. They have made our lives convenient and easy. Most of the things in the world are just one touch of the fingertip away, thanks to smartphones. Still, did you know that you can control other electronic devices with your smartphone as well? These devices include your TV, Air Conditioner, and even your PC.
If you wish to know why there is a need to remote control your computer, then there are several reasons behind the idea. The technology will allow you admittance to your PC from mobile when you are not nearby and urgently need to access specific data. Not only that, but it also saves time, and we all know that time is priceless!
Part 2. Control PC with Mobile – Microsoft’s Remote Desktop Tool:
The Remote Desktop tool is a product of Microsoft that allows the user to connect to a PC to access to virtual apps or desktop file made available by you, remotely. The platform is safe and reliable. It is also incredibly smooth, and you wouldn’t feel any type of latency during the whole process.
Please follow the steps stated below to learn how to use the Remote Desktop by Microsoft to control PC with mobile:
- Install the Microsoft Remote Desktop app on your mobile phone from its official app store;
- Tap on the + icon to add a connection;
- From the drop-down menu, select the Desktop option;
- Connect to the PC manually by typing the PC name and username;
- Tap on Save.
- Select connect to that PC and enter your password before taping on Connect again;
- You will be able to control the PC from your mobile after that remotely.
Part 3. Control PC with Mobile through Google Chrome Remote Desktop
Android phones can directly control the PC with the help of Google Chrome Remote Desktop. It is one of the best options available to manage your desktop from afar remotely. It is extremely easy as the majority of Android users already have access to the Chrome browser. Here are the steps to use the Google Chrome Remote Desktop:
- Download the Google Chrome Remote Desktop app on your PC and Android phone simultaneously;
- The Chrome browser from your PC will automatically detect your Google Account;
- Make sure to grant specific permissions to the Google Chrome Remote Desktop App before installing it;
- Set a security PIN for your Google Chrome Remote account;
- Now head over to your Android device and launch the Google Chrome Remote Desktop App;
- On the interface, you will find the name of your PC. Simply tap on it to connect;
- The application will ask for authentication. Enter the PIN that you had set earlier and tap on Connect;
- That’s it!
Part 4. Control PC with Mobile through a Remote Mouse
Remote Mouse is an app designed for both Android and iOS to control any PC remotely. The service is fast and elegant, with an amazing GUI. The advanced features of the app include Shutting down or restarting the computer in one click.
Additionally, you can use the voice typing feature of the app to write texts instantly. Here is the method to use the Remote Mouse to control PC:
- Download the Remote Mouse app on your smartphone(Android/iOS). You can download it from the official website of the app or the app store of the respective platform;
- Remote Mouse supports all the major operating systems, including Windows, macOS, and Linux. Download and install the software on your computer;
- Both the computer and the mobile phone need to be connected to the same WIFi connection.
- Launch the application on your smartphone and computer simultaneously;
- From the phone, locate your PC and select it;
- You will be able to navigate the contents of your PC from your mobile phone!
Now you know why it is necessary to control PC with mobile phones along with the top three methods to perform the activity. One can never be too safe on the internet. It is why you should remember not to compromise on your system or smartphone’s security. You shouldn’t share the contents of your remote app account, such as username and password/pin with anyone.
Feel free to share or discuss this tutorial among your family and friends, especially if they are looking for handy options to control PC with their mobile phones.