iTunes Not Running Well?
Get dr.fone - iTunes Repair to diagnose your iTunes, and fix all iTunes errors, iTunes connection & syncing issues.Check Now
3 Ways to fix iPhone Error 27
Ah, the iTunes error 27 - the dreaded bane of all attempted iPhone recoveries. After updating Apple softwares on your iPhone, it generally needs to be restored using iTunes. If you're on this page, it's highly likely that you've already tried that though. So what happened after that? Did you get the message "unknown error (27)"? This is more commonly known as the iTunes error 27, and it can be quite the inconvenience, to say the least. Sometimes iTunes error 27 might pop up as a result of some hardware issue that needs sorting out. But generally, you can handle it efficiently if you just follow one of the 3 methods we describe down below.
- Part 1: Fix iPhone Error 27 without losing data
- Part 2: Check for hardware issues to fix iPhone error 27
- Part 3: Fix iPhone Error 27 via DFU mode (Data loss)
Part 1: Fix iPhone Error 27 without losing data
If you want to quickly and effectively iPhone restore error 27, that too without losing all your precious data, then a great tool for you to try out is the dr.fone - iOS System Recovery. This has been more recently rolled out by Wondershare Software, and the great thing about this, amongst many, is that it's one of the very few solutions out there which can fix the iPhone error 27 without data loss. However, you should take note that after you use this your device would be updated to the latest available iOS version. So here's how it works.
Fix iPhone error 27 without data loss.
- Fix iOS system issues like Recovery Mode, white Apple logo, black screen, looping on start, etc.
- Fix various iPhone errors, such as iTunes error 50, error 53, iPhone error 27, iPhone Error 3014, iPhone Error 1009 and more.
- Supports iPhone 8/7/7 Plus/6s/6s Plus/6/6 Plus/5/5s/5c/4s/SE.
- Fully compatible with Windows 10 or Mac 10.11, iOS 11
Fix iPhone Error 27 without losing data using dr.fone - iOS System Recovery
Step 1: Select "iOS System Recovery"
Once you launch the software, you need to move your cursor over to the blue left column. Select 'More Tools', and followed by that select the tool 'iOS System Recovery.'
Following this, you need to attach your iPhone to the computer with a cable. Click on 'Start.'
Step 2: Download the firmware.
In order to fix your faulty iOS you need to first download the firmware for it. Once done, dr.fone it will automatically recognize your device and model, and offer the latest iOS version for download. All you have to do is click 'Download', lay back, and let dr.fone take care of the rest.
Step 3: Fix your iOS.
This step is entirely handled by dr.fone, all you have to do is not disconnect your device. It will repair your iOS device and get it out of the recovery mode. Following that you'll be told that your device is restarting normally.
And with that you're done! The iTunes error 27 has been dealt with within 10 minutes!
Part 2: Check for hardware issues to fix iPhone error 27
Sometimes if the iPhone error 27 message is persistent it may be indicative of a malfunctioning hardware. In this case you can do the following.
1. If iTunes is running, then you can shut it down and open it back up.
2. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes, and if not then go to the following link: https://support.apple.com/en-in/ht201352
3. Sometimes when your iPhone suffers an error, it might be caused by a third-party security software which might be preventing your iTunes from connecting to your Apple devices or servers. You can make sure of it by going to the following link: https://support.apple.com/en-in/ht201413
4. Try restoring your iOS device twice more, and make sure that your USB cable and network are functioning properly.
5. If the message persists check to see if you have the latest updates.
6. If you do but the message persists, then contact Apple Support by following this link: https://support.apple.com/contact
However, as you can probably tell this is far from a quick solution. It is more like trying out different options and crossing your fingers, hoping something clicks.
Part 3: Fix iPhone Error 27 via DFU mode (Data loss)
Finally, the third option you can resort to in order to fix iPhone error 27 is to restore via DFU mode. What is DFU, you ask? Well, DFU stands for Device Firmware Upgrade, and it is basically a complete restore of your iPhone to factory settings. The down side to it is that if you opt for it while facing the iTunes error 27, then you won't get a chance to back up your data, thus facing considerable data loss. However, if you still want to continue with this option, here's how.
Fix iPhone Error 27 via DFU mode
Step 1: Put your device into DFU Mode.
1. Hold down the power button for 3 seconds.
2. Hold down both the power and the home button for 15 seconds.
3. Release the power button but continue holding down the home button for 10 seconds more.
4. You'll be asked to "connect to iTunes screen."
Step 2: Connect to iTunes.
Plug your iPhone into your computer, and access iTunes.
Step 3: Restore iTunes.
1. Open the Summary tab in iTunes and click 'Restore.'
2. After the Restore your device will Restart.
3. You'll be asked to "Slide to set up." Simply follow the Setup along the way.The only downside to this is the fact that the restore process will wipe off all your data. The Alternative of using dr.fone - iOS System Recovery is a lot more secure as it ensures you don't suffer any data loss.
So now you know what is iTunes error 27, and the three methods by which you can fix it. To summarize, you could check to see whether the error stems from a hardware issue, and then contact Apple support. However, this doesn't exactly ensure quick recovery. If you want to restore your iPhone yourself, you could use either dr.fone - iOS System Recovery or you could opt for Recovery via DFU Mode. However, as already stated the DFU Mode can lead to considerable data loss and is a lengthier process, as opposed to the quick 3-step solution offered by dr.fone. So now that you know what needs to be done, do take matters into your own hands and fix that pesky iPhone error 27. Just leave your comments below and let us know how you went about fixing the error, and how did our solutions serve you. We'd love to hear your voice!
- iPhone Error List
- iPhone Error 9
- iPhone Error 21
- iPhone Error 4013/4014
- iPhone Error 3014
- iPhone Error 4005
- iPhone Error 3194
- iPhone Error 1009
- iPhone Error 14
- iPhone Error 2009
- iPhone Error 29
- iPad Error 1671
- iPhone Error 27
- iTunes Error 23
- iTunes Error 39
- iTunes Error 50
- iPhone Error 53
- iPhone Error 9006
- iPhone Error 56
- iPhone Error 6
- iPhone Error 1
- iPhone Error 2001
- Error 54
- Error 3004
- Error 17
- Error 11
- Error 2005