Proven Solutions to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes in 2020
iPhones and iPads are perhaps the most premium mobile devices available today for several reasons-they have several different variants to meet varying user needs, and the most important of all, they regularly update with the latest software updates. But just like every other gadget, these Apple flagship devices do have their fair share of issues. The most common is the iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes problem.
If you’re facing the issue of iPhone (like 6 to X) stuck in recovery mode on iOS 12/12.3/13, the good news is that you don’t need to put it in the trash because we’re going to reveal several ways to fix the problem, and even how to recover data that may be lost as a result of the iPhone (5s, 6, 7, etc.) stuck in recovery mode issues for iOS 12.3/13.
Is the iPhone stuck in Recovery Mode? Why?
Before you set out to fix the older iPhone or iPhone X stuck in recovery mode issue, it is important that you understand the possible underlying causes of the problem, so that you can resolve the issue properly (rather than making it a whole lot worse). There are two main causes of iPhone stuck in recovery mode: namely software corruption or hardware issues.
So if you went scuba diving and took your iPhone along with you on the adventure, great chances are that it is a hardware issue.
Software causes of iPhone or iPad stuck in recovery mode include:
- Trying to update your device to the latest iOS software
- An unsuccessful attempt to jailbreak your iPhone
- You activated the recovery mode to solve another issue
Why iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode on iOS 12.3/13 still crop up after the Fix?
There are several ways to fix iPhone (7, 8, etc.) stuck in recovery mode issues such as standard iTunes restore, recovery restore, or numerous other solutions listed in the Apple Support Community.
So you can stop reading and explore the aforementioned solutions to fix the iPhone 5s stuck in recovery mode issue. But before you go, one thing you should know is that in most cases these solutions will not fix the iPhone stuck in recovery mode problem permanently.
What will you do? The DFU mode.
DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode is the only sure shot way to get rid of iPhone (5s, 6, to X) stuck in recovery mode, and is a process that should not be confused with Recovery mode because it does not load the device operating system or boot loader. And needless to say that your device is stuck in Recovery mode, so this solution can’t be used to fix itself.
A major pitfall of using DFU mode to fix iPhone (7, 8, etc.) stuck in recovery mode issue is that it will in most cases result in data loss, something that most iPhone users will find hard to digest.
5 solutions to get iPhone out of Recovery Mode for iOS 12.3/13.
If you’re facing iPhone (7, 8, etc.) stuck in recovery mode or older iPhone stuck in recovery mode issue, there’s no need to pull your hair out just yet, because there are several ways to get your device up and running again.
What is important to note, however, is that using most of these solutions can result in data loss, and if you haven’t backed up your iPhone / iPad, then it’s literally “gone with the wind”. On a brighter note, there’s also a great way to recover your data in case it’s lost, but first, let’s get right to these possible fixes for iPhone stuck in recovery mode.
Solution 1: Fix iPhone stuck in Recovery Mode on iOS 12.3/13 without data loss
Most of the solutions that claim to fix iPhone or iPad stuck in recovery mode usually reset the device to factory setting. In this way, the device’s data is also lost. If you wish to fix iPhone (5s to X) stuck in recovery mode without losing any content, then give Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS) a try.
Get an iPhone out of recovery mode without data loss.
- Only fix your iOS to normal, no data loss at all.
- Fix various iOS system issues stuck in recovery mode, white Apple logo, black screen, looping on start, etc.
- Fixes other iPhone error and iTunes errors, such as iTunes error 4013, error 14, iTunes error 27,iTunes error 9, and more.
- Works for all models of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Supports iPhone X, iPhone 8/iPhone 7(Plus), iPhone6s(Plus), iPhone SE, and the latest iOS version fully!
It is a highly secure and easy to use tool that can fix all the major problems related to an iOS device without causing any damage to it. From the iPhone stuck in recovery mode to the screen of death, the tool can resolve all kinds of issues. To use it, follow these steps:
Step 1. Firstly, Download Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS) on your Windows or Mac. Afterward, you can launch it and click on the option of “System Repair” from Dr.Fone interface.
Step 2. Connect your iOS device to the system that is stuck in recovery mode, and select "Exit Recovery Mode" in the lower right part.
Step 3. Now a new window pops up, displaying what it looks like when an iPhone is stuck in Recovery mode. Click on the "Exit Recovery Mode" button.
Step 4. In a short while, your iPhone can be brought out of the recovery mode with the "Exited Recovery Mode successfully" message displayed on the screen.
After fixing iPhone 6, 7, 8 & X stuck in recovery mode, you can just disconnect your device from the system and use it the way you like.
- iPhone Recovery Mode: What You Should Know
- iPhone in Recovery Mode: Why and What to Do?
- How to Put iPhone and iPad in Recovery Mode
Solution 2: How to get iOS 12.3/13 iPhone out of Recovery Mode without a computer
One of the best ways to fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode is by force restarting it. In this way, you can resolve most of the issues related to your iOS device without taking the assistance of any computer. To learn how to fix iPhone 6 stuck in recovery mode, follow these steps:
- Press the Power (wake/sleep) and the Home button on the device at the same time.
- Keep pressing both the buttons for at least 10-15 seconds.
- Let go of them as Apple’s logo would appear on the screen.
This solution will only work for iPhone 6s and older generation devices. If you own a newer generation device, then you need to change the key combination. To learn how to fix iPhone 7 stuck in recovery mode, follow these steps:
- Instead of the Home button, press and hold the Volume Down button on the device.
- At the same time, press and hold the Power (wake/sleep) button.
- Keep pressing both the buttons for another 10 seconds till the Apple logo would appear.
If you have a high-end iPhone, for example, your iPhone 8 or iPhone X stuck in Recovery Mode, follow these instructions to fix the issue:
- Press and release the Volume Up key on your iPhone 8 / iPhone 8 Plus / iPhone X.
- Press and release the Volume Down key.
- Press and hold the Power key on the right side. Release it when the Apple logo appears.
- Top 6 Ways Fix iPhone Frozen in 10 Seconds
- Tips & Tricks to Resurrect Your Dead iPhone
- iPhone Keeps Freezing? Here Is The Quick Fix!
Solution 3: Fix iOS 12.3/13 iPhone stuck in Recovery Mode with TinyUmbrella
TinyUmbrella is a hybrid tool that is widely used to resolve iPhone 5s stuck in recovery mode. The tool works on all the popular devices with its latest version available for iOS 13 as well. It might not be as extensive as other tools, but it can be used to meet your basic requirements regarding iOS-related issues.
You can use it to fix iPhone 7 stuck in recovery mode by following these steps:
Step 1. Download TinyUmbrella from its official site. It is available for both Mac and Windows systems.
Step 2. Launch the tool on your system and connect your iOS device to it (which is stuck in the recovery mode).
Step 3. Wait for a while as the tool will automatically detect your device.
Step 4. Once your device is detected, just click on the “Exit Recovery” button from the interface.
Now, you can disconnect your phone from the system. Since the tool has plenty of loopholes, it might not always work to fix an iPad stuck in recovery mode. Also, it is not a safe option as your data might be deleted during the process.
Solution 4: Fix iOS 12.3/13 iPhone stuck in Recovery Mode with iTunes
Even though there are several third-party solutions for iPhone (5s to X) stuck in recovery mode, there’s nothing better than giving Apple’s native iTunes a shot. But take note that since you will be using the “Restore to factory settings” process by iTunes, it will format the entire device to bring it back to factory default or just the way it was shipped from the Apple store. Before getting started, make sure you have the latest, updated version of iTunes installed.
Step 1. Head to the Apple Website from your preferred web browser to download the latest version of iTunes.
Step 2. Download the version compatible with your computer.
Step 3. Click Run when the download is complete and Next after the installer opens.
Step 4. After reading the installation terms, click Install to start the process. Once the installation is complete, click Finish.
Step 5. Now connect the iPhone that’s stuck in recovery mode to your computer.
Step 6. Next, launch iTunes. The program will already detect that your device is stuck in Recovery mode.
Step 7. In the event no popup is displayed, you can manually trigger the restore process.
Step 8. Once the process is completed successfully, your device will restart and you will have a factory fresh iPhone in your hands.
- Proven Solutions to Fix "iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes" in 2018
- 4 Ways to Fix iTunes Error 9006 or iPhone Error 9006
- How to Download Music on iPhone without iTunes
Solution 5: Go to Apple Store
If the preceding ways to resolve the iPhone stuck in recovery mode do not work, why not get it checked by the pros at an Apple Service Center, Authorized Apple Service Provider or Apple Store.
If the problem device is covered by Apple’s One Year Limited Warranty, AppleCare+, or AppleCare Protection Plan, the good news is that you won’t have to empty your pockets.
If not, check with the technician at the Apple Store to see if your device is eligible for out-of-warranty service. But it is important to note that even an Apple technician can’t guarantee that your data will be preserved after the fix.
Data lost after you get the iOS 12.3/13 iPhone out of Recovery Mode?
There’s a good old saying that reads “You never know the true value of something until its gone”. This applies to the Data stored on your Apple device as well. The aftermath of the iPad stuck in recovery mode or iPhone stuck in recovery mode issue could very well be loss of data. This is one of the biggest reasons why safeguarding your data by using backup software is very important. If you have backed up using iCloud or iTunes, that’s when Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS) proves handy! It can read out and recover data from iTunes and iCloud backups.
World's 1st iPhone data recovery software with the highest recovery success rate
- Free to preview your recovered data on Dr.Fone.
- Scan iOS devices to recover calls, photos, videos, contacts, messages, notes, etc.
- Recover data from iPhone deleted files, and iTunes & iCloud backup files
- Works well for all iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices (including iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone X, and even the latest iOS version).
- Supported by operating systems including Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP and Mac OS 10.8 to 10.15.
Applicable scenarios (not just data lost after you get iPhone out of Recovery Mode on iOS 12.3/13)
This iPhone data recovery software doesn’t just work miraculously to recover your data lost as a result of iPhone stuck in recovery mode, but also in several other scenarios including lost data after a factory reset, device locked or forgotten password, data missing after jailbreak or ROM flashing, lost data due to iOS update, unable to synchronize backup and device stuck and not responding.
Ease of use
It requires just 256 MB or more of RAM, 1GHz (32 bit or 64 bit) CPU, 200 MB and above free hard disk space to run smoothly. When successfully installed, Dr.Fone – Recover can directly scan your Apple device to preview and recover deleted data from iPhone, extract your iTunes backup and recover selected files, download, and extract your iCloud backup. And best of all with the tool is a joy to use in just three steps: connect, scan, and recover.
- iPhone Lock Screen
- Bypass iOS 14 Lock Screen
- Hard Reset on iOS 14 iPhone
- Unlock iPhone 12 without Password
- Reset iPhone 11 without Password
- Erase iPhone When It's Locked
- Unlock Disabled iPhone without iTunes
- Bypass iPhone Passcode
- Factory Reset iPhone Without Passcode
- Reset iPhone Passcode
- iPhone Is Disabled
- Unlock iPhone Without Restore
- Unlock iPad Passcode
- Get Into Locked iPhone
- Unlock iPhone 7/ 7 Plus without Passcode
- Unlock iPhone 5 Passcode without iTunes
- iPhone App Lock
- iPhone Lock Screen With Notifications
- Unlock iPhone Without Computer
- Unlock iPhone Passcode
- Unlock iPhone without Passcode
- Get Into A Locked Phone
- Reset Locked iPhone
- iPad Lock Screen
- Unlock iPad Without Password
- iPad is Disabled
- Reset iPad Password
- Reset iPad without Password
- Locked out of iPad
- Forgot iPad Screen Lock Password
- iPad Unlock Software
- Unlock Disabled iPad without iTunes
- iPod is Diabled Connect to iTunes
- Unlock Apple ID