Proven Solutions to Fix "iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes" in 2019
You may experience the ‘iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes’ screen due to entering the wrong passcode consecutively for 10 times (your iPhone is disabled permanently in this case). Prior to that you might be warned with an onscreen message saying ‘iPhone is disabled try again in X minutes’. Once you exceed the limit of wrong attempts, you get locked out of your device.
Why my iPhone is disabled?
The stories when your screen displays ‘iPhone/iPad is disabled connect to iTunes’ message may be as follows:
- Naughty kids: Your child or young sibling was playfully tapping the passcode keys and unknowingly exceeded the limit. The funniest part is they won’t tell you about it, unless you find out that your iPhone XR, iPhone XS (Max), or any other iPhone model is disabled.
- Mistypes: At times you keep the iPhone in your pocket or handbag and accidentally the touch pad gets pressed dialing the wrong passcode. When this action is repeated for more than 10 times, and by the time you retrieve the device. You will wonder that how my iPhone is disabled?
- New iOS users: When you have keyed in incorrect passwords assuming that you have the right one for more than 10 times. Even if there was warning messages after the 6th attempt, but you have ignored and continued.
But it shouldn’t dishearten you at all. We’ve brought you effective solutions to get your device fixed! Let’s dive in and fix it quickly.
- Which solution shall I choose to fix "iPhone is disabled"?
- Solution 1: How to fix iPhone is disabled with an unlock tool
- Solution 2: How to fix iPhone is disabled using iTunes
- Solution 3: How to fix iPhone is disabled in DFU mode
- Solution 4: How to fix iPhone is disabled with iCloud
- Must-knows when your iPhone is disabled
Which solution shall I choose to fix "iPhone is disabled" on iOS 12/12.3?
Here is the good news: there are multiple solutions to unlock your disabled iPhone: an unlock tool, iTunes, iCloud, and recovery mode. Each of them can fix the disabled iPhone in different situations.
To ensure a quick and correct fix, you need to select the one based on the specific conditions of your iPhone XR, iPhone XS (Max), or any other iPhone model.
Now let's have a look at them, and choose the one that best matches your needs:
|Solutions||Unlock tool||iTunes||Recovery mode||iCloud|
|If "Find My iPhone" is enabled||
|If "Find My iPhone" is disabled||
|Apple ID and password||
Solution 1: How to fix iOS 12/12.3 iPhone is disabled with an unlock tool
This is the most easy method to fix iPhone is disabled problem, without you trusting the computer first. It can help you remove your iPhone lock screen and set it as a new device. Let's see how dr.fone - Unlock (iOS) helps you bypass iPhone lock screen.
Remove iOS Device Lock Screen in 3 Steps.
- Bypass iPhone lock screen easily. No technical skills required.
- Clear step-by-step instructions to guide you through the unlock.
- Unlock iPhone no matter it is a second-hand one or the passcode is unknown.
- Works for all models of iPhone (iPhone XR/XS included), iPad and iPod touch.
- Fully compatible with the latest iOS version.
Step 1. Launch dr.fone on your computer and select Unlock among all the functions.
Step 2. Connect your disabled iPhone to computer using the lighening cable. Click on Start.
Step 3. When dr.fone detects your iPhone XR, iPhone XS (Max), or any other iPhone model, it will remind you to enter the DFU mode for deep-layer operations on iOS.
Step 4. Then dr.fone will display your iOS device information, such as device generation, iOS version, etc. If the information is correct, click on Download to download the firmware.
Since the firmware is usually around 2GB, it will take a few minutes to finish the download. You can also click "Copy" to copy the download URL to the browser to download.
Step 5. After the firmware is downloaded, dr.fone is ready to help you remove the password. Then click on Unlock Now.
Since this process will delete all your data and set it as a new device, dr.fone will requires your confirmation to continue.
Step 6. Then it will takes a few minutes to remove the iPhone lock screen for you. After it's finished, your device will reboot as a new device, without any lock screen.
- 3 Ways to Unlock A Disabled iPhone Without iTunes
- 4 Ways to Unlock iPhone without Passcode
- How to Fix It If We've Are Locked Out of iPad?
Solution 2: How to fix iOS 12/12.3 iPhone is disabled using iTunes
To resolve iPhone disabled the another method you can use now is connecting your iPhone with iTunes. This is the official method to unlock iPhone which is disabled. But when we go through the whole process to fix iPhone is disabled using iTunes, usually it is more complicated than we think.
Let’s have a look at the step by step instruction on how to enable iPhone XR, iPhone XS (Max), or any other iPhone model using iTunes.
Step 1. Firstly, connect your iPhone with the iTunes. Make sure that the latest version of iTunes installed on your PC / MAC.
Step 2. Make sure you've used the computer which you have trusted before. Otherwise, you iPhone may not work with the iTunes. In this case, you need to boot your iPhone in recovery mode, which will make it workable with iTunes.
Step 3. Now, click on the iPhone icon and go to Summary option. Here you can see the “Restore” option. Click on it.
Now, if your iPhone proceeds with this method and starts the restoring process, it will be completed in some time. Depending on your internet speed, it will be restored to its factory stage and you’ll be greeted with the Welcome screen.
Note: This method will erase all your internal data and documents and restore the latest iOS.
- Quick Solutions to Fix iTunes Won't Open on Windows
- 10 Tips To Make iTunes Run Faster
- 3 Solutions to Update iTunes On Your Computer
Solution 3: How to fix iPhone is disabled in DFU mode on iOS 12/12.3
It may possible that the iTunes won’t proceed properly and asked for the passcode (you probably forgot that) then you need to enter the DFU. To restore iPhone in DFU mode, you need to follow the below instructions step by step.
Step 1: Connect your iPhone with the PC / MAC using the data cable, and start up iTunes.
Step 2: Press different buttons for different iPhone models to enter the DFU mode.
- To enter the DFU mode of your iPhone 6S or a earlier iPhone, turn off the device, hold the Power and Home buttons for about 10s, then release the Power button while holding the Home button for another 5s.
- To enter the DFU mode of an iPhone 7 or 7 plus, turn off the iPhone first, press the Power button and Volume Down button for 10s, then hold only the Volume Down button for 5s.
- For the DFU mode of an iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, or iPhone XS (Max), keep the device turned on, press the Volume Up button once, press the Volume Down button once, then press the Power and Volume Down buttons together for 10s, then release the Power button and do not release the Volume Down button and last for about 5s.
Step 3: Now iTunes will give you a message like the one below, while the iPhone screen remains blank.
Step 4. Here, click on ‘OK” to proceed with the method of recovery in DFU mode. You will be redirected to the iTunes ‘Restore’ screen. Tap on the ‘Restore’ option to start restoring the device. If all goes well and perfect, your iPhone will be restored to its latest version of OS in some time.
This method also deletes all the data available in the device. So, if your device is not backed up earlier, you will lose all your data. Using this method, iTunes should go well and you can overcome the iPhone disabled connect to iTunes error from your iPhone XR, iPhone XS (Max), or any other iPhone model.
There is another method of erasing all the data and restoring the device by using the iCloud option let’s also have a look at that method.
- DFU Mode: How to Enter and Exit DFU Mode of Your iOS Device
- How to Recover Data from iPhone in DFU Mode?
Solution 4: How to fix iOS 12/12.3 iPhone is disabled with iCloud
The third process is to reset your disabled iPhone is by using the iCloud. iCloud is the program which gives access to your device online if your iPhone was lost. From your iCloud account, you will be able to erase when your iPhone disabled. For doing that, follow the below method.
The basic criteria for this solution are the iPhone XR, iPhone XS (Max), or any other iPhone model should have “Find my phone” turned on before iPhone disabled. If this is the scenario, you can proceed to the method.
Step 1. Firstly, go to your PC / MAC and then go to the iCloud website. (iCloud.com)
Step 2. Sign in with your iCloud id and password.
Step 3. Here you can find your listed iPhone’s name. If you have more than one iOS device, you can see all of the devices there.
Step 4. Tap on the iPhone disabled name. Now you can find three options there. ‘Play sound’, ‘Lost Mode’, ‘erase iPhone’. Choose ‘Erase iPhone’ and follow the on-screen instruction.
Now, your iPhone will be reset and back to the factory reset stage. This will delete all the data from your device. By following this process, you can remove the iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes error from your iPhone. But the limitation of this process is, your iPhone must be iCloud ‘find my phone” enabled before its disabled.
Must-knows when your iOS 12/12.3 iPhone is disabled
Different messages displayed for a disabled iPhone of iOS 12/12.3
Prior to learning how to fix your disabled iPhone, you need to take care of the warning messages that flashes on your iPhone screen before it gets permanently disabled. Here is the complete list of warning messages displayed on your iPhone/iPad screen:
- When you enter the wrong passcode for 5 times, there won’t be any damage done.
- For the 6th incorrect entry of passcode: iPhone is disabled try again in 1 minute.
- For the 7th incorrect entry of passcode: iPhone is disabled try again in 5 minutes.
- For the wrong passcode at the 8th attempt: iPhone is disabled try again in 15 minutes.
- When the password is incorrect even at the 9th time: iPhone is disabled try again in 60 minutes.
- After the 10th wrong passcode attempt: iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes.
Can an iOS 12/12.3 iPhone be disabled in other situations than passcode mistypes?
There is no other way to disable your iPhone than keying in wrong passcodes for more than 10 times.
The objective behind the Apple disabling functionality is to protect your device from being tampered by any miscreant. These people want to hack or steal your device and get access to your device as well as the data within. Apple pays strict attention to protect users’ data and information and ensures device safety with such security features.
Moreover, if you are entering the same wrong passcode multiple times, say ‘8657’ for 10 times then it is considered as a single entry. It means a different set of 10 wrong attempts is what it takes to lock you out of your iPhone permanently, unless you resort to a reliable software solution.
iPhone setup tips on iOS 12/12.3 after fixing “iPhone is disabled”
If you have iTunes backup
Considering that the iPhone that was disabled got connected to iTunes and then fixed and you have made a backup for your device. Here are the steps to set it up.
- Go to the ‘Apps & Data’ screen during the restore process of your iPhone XR, iPhone XS (Max), or any other iPhone model, and click ‘Restore from iTunes backup’.
- You need to choose your iPhone from the list of devices in iTunes. Pick the most recent backup from the list and hit ‘Restore’.
If you have iCloud backup
Assuming that you already have a backup on iCloud, now we are going to fix the disabled iPhone 5/6 or any other iPhone model you have using that iCloud backup.
- Browse to the ‘Apps & Data’ screen and click ‘Restore from iCloud Backup’.
- Select the desired backup from the list of backups shown to you.
- You will see the progress bars displaying the status of data being restored. Once the data gets restored back to your iPhone, you are good to go.
One click to set up your iPhone
With a reliable solution like dr.fone - Recover, you can not only read out what is really in iCloud and iTunes backup files, but selectively recover them to iPhone as well. With a higher recovery rate it is a leader in the market. This globally trusted software is compatible with most iOS devices.
Versatile software to preview and recover data from iTunes and iCloud backups
- Capable of recovering videos, photos, messages, contacts, call history, notes and so on.
- It allows you to preview the data before recovering it to your device.
- You are able to selectively recover the data as per your requirements.
- You can recover lost data due to iOS update, factory reset, or jailbreak/ROM flashing, failed backup sync, locked device whose password is forgotten, or stuck and unresponsive device.
- Supports iPhone XS (Max) / iPhone XR / iPhone X / 8 (Plus)/ iPhone 7(Plus)/ iPhone6s(Plus), iPhone SE, iPad and iPod touch that runs iOS 7.1 to iOS 12.
After going through the article, we have come to a conclusion that you can fix "iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes" using multiple ways. Best of all, dr.fone - Unlock (iOS) can flawlessly unlock your device, when the iPhone is disabled and you need to bypass the "connect to iTunes" screen. Apart from that, you can make use of the most reliable dr.fone - Recover software to restore your device back to normal in a secure way.
- iPhone Lock Screen
- Erase iPhone When It's Locked
- Reset iPad without Password
- Unlock Disabled iPhone without iTunes
- Bypass iPhone Passcode
- Factory Reset iPhone Without Passcode
- Reset iPhone Passcode
- iPhone Is Disabled
- Unlock iPhone Without Restore
- Unlock iPad Passcode
- Get Into Locked iPhone
- Unlock iPhone 5 Passcode without iTunes
- iPhone App Lock
- Locked out of iPad
- iPhone Lock Screen With Notifications
- Reset ipad Password
- Unlock iPhone Without Computer
- Unlock iPad Without Password
- iPad is Disabled
- Get Into A Locked Phone
- Reset Locked iphone
- Unlock iPhone without Passcode
- Forgot iPad Screen Lock Password
- Unlock iPhone Passcode