WhatsApp Recovery - How to Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Message
WhatsApp has become an integral part of our lives. We use it now for staying connected with work, home, friends, and more. With the bulk of our daily communication happening through WhatsApp, it is quite obvious that we would want to save some of these messages forever.
However, it is not uncommon to find that you have deleted those very important WhatsApp messages or conversations accidentally. It happens a lot certainly with many of us, and it is frustrating. Although, fortunately, the makers of WhatsApp have done their bit to help us out in such situations.
WhatsApp comes with inbuilt options to auto back up WhatsApp messages, and hence you can always recover the lost or deleted ones. Even though they are not the perfect means of recovering your lost messages, they do the job to a certain extent at least. Also, except for auto backup, there are a lot of other ways to backup WhatsApp messages, to avoid any unexpected data loss.
Today, we will take a look at how one can recover deleted WhatsApp messages from the backup that it creates automatically.
Part 1. How to Recover WhatsApp Messages from Its Auto Backup?
Now, WhatsApp does automatically backup your chat history on any Android device every day. You can also choose Google Drive (for Android) and iCloud (for iPhone) as the means of storing backups of your WhatsApp chat history.
In case you have ended up deleting some messages on WhatsApp and now want to recover or restore them, simply uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp on your device. Upon doing that, WhatsApp will automatically ask you to restore using the last backup created.
- It is easy and fast to restore the lost messages this way.
- This method would only recover WhatsApp messages sent before the last backup was created, any message sent after that will not be restored.
- It doesn't give you a way to restore selective messages.
The built-in automatic back up feature in WhatsApp doesn't do anything to help in case you want to selectively retrieve WhatsApp messages on Android. For that, you have to depend on the best WhatsApp recovery tool for Android, the Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android).
Dr.Fone is excellent when it comes to finding even the deleted WhatsApp messages on your Android device and then allows you to choose which one of them would you want to recover and restore in your device.
Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages without Backup
- Highest recovery rate in the industry.
- Recover photos, videos, contacts, messaging, call logs, WhatsApp messages and more.
- Compatible with 6000+ Android devices.
- Step 1. Launch Dr.Fone and then use the USB cable provided with your Android device to connect it with your computer.
- Step 2. Continue from Toolbox > Data Recovery > Android > Recover WhatsApp Data to launch the specific tool.
- Step 3. Dr.Fone will take a few minutes to finish the process of scanning your Android device for all lost and existing WhatsApp messages.
- Step 4. When done, the results will be displayed categorically for you to select from. Once you have checked or marked the items you want to recover, hit the option of 'Recover' to have the WhatsApp data saved as a backup on your computer.
If you're using an iPhone and wish to recover specific WhatsApp messages, Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS) is a reliable solution. It recovers all the data that you have lost on your iPhone as easily as anything, but it currently recovers existing WhatsApp messages. Dr.Fone has designed the software to be very easy to use, and hence the steps involved in the process are simple.
However, before we get into the actual method of how the recovery of lost WhatsApp messages can be accomplished with Dr.Fone, let us take a quick look at a few of its amazing features.
World's 1st iPhone and iPad data recovery software.
- Highest recovery rate in the industry.
- Recover photos, videos, contacts, messages, notes, call logs, WhatsApp, and more.
- Compatible with the latest iOS devices.
Before starting to use this tool, you should be noticed that this tool temporarily can't recover music and videos if you have not to back up data before, especially you are using iPhone 5 and later. Other types of data can be recovered successfully. Now, if you are ready to view and export existing WhatsApp messages, let us take a look at the steps involved.
- Step 1. Launch Dr.Fone (Windows / Mac) on your computer. Then connect your iPhone to your computer, Dr.Fone should automatically detect and identify your iPhone now. Once that has happened, click the option 'Recover from iOS Device' and then 'WhatsApp & Attachments' to begin scanning your device. Move ahead by clicking the 'Start Scan' option.
- Step 2. Once you have pressed the Start Scan button, Dr.Fone will begin scanning your iPhone for all the deleted WhatsApp messages.
- Step 3. After a few minutes, the scanning should be complete and Dr.Fone will have the WhatsApp data that it found listed for you. Click on the option 'WhatsApp Attachments' to see the photos and videos you received on WhatsApp and can be recovered. You can then manually select the ones you want to recover now and simply hit the 'Recover to Computer' option for recovering them all to your computer and save them as a backup. So, you just recover WhatsApp messages successfully!
Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS) is not just the best alternative, but also a better way of creating WhatsApp backups. If you liked the article, feel free to share it with others, you know, and help everyone out.
Losing important WhatsApp messages can be distressing, but with the right methods and tools, recovery is possible. Part 1 explained how to utilize WhatsApp's auto backup feature for message retrieval. For selective recovery on Android, Part 2 introduced Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android) as a reliable option, while Part 3 covered Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS) for iPhone users. Remember to enable regular backups and choose the appropriate method based on your device to ensure the safe retrieval of your valuable WhatsApp data. With these powerful tools at your disposal, you can regain control of your WhatsApp messages and keep your communication intact.
Tips: Wondershare Dr.Fone is a tool that helps you keep your important data safe. It can back up all the important information on your Android or iOS mobile device, like photos, music, videos, contacts, and more and is compatible with over 8000 Android devices. The backup process is easy and only takes a few clicks. You can also restore your backup to any device you want, and choose which data you want to restore. This is a great way to make sure you never lose your important information!
- Deleted Data Recover
- 1. Recover HEIC Photos on iPhone
- 2. Recover Deleted Calendar Event
- 3. Retrieve iPhone Deleted Reminders
- 4. Retrieve iPhone Deleted Voicemail
- 5. Recover iPhone Deleted Photos
- 6. Recover iPhone Deleted Note
- 7. Recover Call History from iPhone
- 8. Recover iPhone Deleted Contacts
- 9. Recover iPhone Voice Memos
- 10. Recover Deleted iOS Files
- iPhone Passwords Recover
- 1. Retrieve iPhone Email Password
- 2. See iPhone Saved Password
- 3. Access iPhone Password
- 4. Get iPhone Password Back
- 5. iPhone Passcode Requriement Pops
- 6. Find iPhone Wi-Fi Password
- iPhone WhatsApp Recover
- 1. Recover WhatsApp Messages Apps
- 2. Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages
- 3. Recover WhatsApp Messages Online
- 4. Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp
- Recover from Stolen iPhone
- Recover from Broken iPhone
- 1. Recover Data from Broken iPhone
- 2. Water Damaged iPhone Data Recovery
- 3. Recover Data from Dead iPhone
- iPhone Recovery Tips
- 1. GT Recovery Undelete Restore
- 2. Recover Data from Memory Card
- 3. Recover iPhone Lost Data
- 4. Recycle Bin on iPhone
- 5. Recover Data on iPhone in Recover Mode
- 6. Recover Data from iPhone in DFU Mode
- 7. iTunes Data Recovery
- 8. Recover iPhone Data Without iTunes
- iPhone Recovery Tools