WhatsApp Recovery - How to Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Message
WhatsApp has become an integral part of our lives. We use it now for staying connected with work, home, friends, and more. With the bulk of our daily communication happening through WhatsApp, it is quite obvious that we would want to save some of these messages forever.
However, it is not uncommon to find that you have deleted those very important WhatsApp messages or conversations accidentally. It happens a lot certainly with many of us, and it is frustrating. Although, fortunately, the makers of WhatsApp have done their bit to help us out in such situations.
WhatsApp comes with inbuilt options to auto back up WhatApp messages and hence you can always recover the lost or deleted ones. Even though they are not the perfect means of recovering your lost messages, they do the job to a certain extent at least. Also, except auto backup, there are a lot of other ways to backup WhatsApp messages, to avaid any unexpected data loss.
Today, we will take a look at how one can recover deleted WhatsApp messages from the backup that it creates automatically.
- Part 1. Recover WhatsApp messages from its auto backup
- Part 2. How to retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages selectively on Android
- Part 3. How to retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages selectively on iPhone
Part 1. Recover WhatsApp messages from its auto backup
Now, WhatsApp does automatically backup your chat history on any Android device every day. You can also choose Google Drive (for Android) and iCloud (for iPhone) as the means of storing backups of your WhatsApp chat history.
In case, you have ended up deleting some messages on WhatsApp and now want to recover or restore them, simply uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp on your device. Upon doing that, WhatsApp will automatically ask you to restore using the last backup created.
- It is easy and fast to restore the lost messages this way.
- This method would only recover WhatsApp messages sent before the last backup was created, any message sent after that will not be restored.
- Doesn't give you a way to restore selective messages.
The built in automatic back up feature in WhatsApp doesn't do anything to help in case you want to selectively retrieve WhatsApp messages on Android. For that, you have to depend on best WhatsApp recovery tool for Android, the Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android) .
Dr.Fone is excellent when it comes to finding even the deleted WhatsApp messages on your Android device and then allows you to choose which one of them would you want recovered and restored in your device.
Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android)(WhatsApp Recovery on Android)
World's 1st Android smartphone and tablet recovery software.
- Highest recovery rate in the industry.
- Recover photos, videos, contacts, messaging, call logs, WhatsApp messages and more.
- Compatible with 6000+ Android devices.
Step 1 - Launch Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android) and then use the USB cable provided with your Android device to connect it with your computer.
Step 2 - Next, select the option of 'Next' so that your device gets detected by Dr.Fone - Android Data Recovery.
Step 3 - Dr.Fone in a few seconds will be ready to scan your device, once that happens, click on the option called 'WhatsApp & Attachments' and then press the button 'Next' to start scanning.
Step 4 - Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android) will take a few minutes to finish the process of scanning your Android device for all lost and existing WhatsApp messages. When done, the results will be displayed categorically for you to select from. Once you have checked or marked the items you want to recover, hit the option of 'Recover' to have the WhatsApp data saved as a backup on your computer.
Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS) does what its Android version does. It recovers all the data that you have lost on your iPhone as easily as anything, including the lost messages on WhatsApp. Dr.Fone has designed the software to be very easy to use and hence the steps involved in the process are simple.
However, before we get in to the actual method of how recovery of lost WhatsApp messages can be accomplished with Dr.Fone, let us take a quick look at a few of its amazing features.
World's 1st iPhone and iPad data recovery software.
- Highest recovery rate in the industry.
- Recover photos, videos, contacts, messages, notes, call logs, WhatsApp and more.
- Compatible with latest iOS devices.
Before starting to use this tool, you should be noticed that this tool temperarily can't recover music and videos if you have not back up data before especially you are using iphone 5 and later. Other types of data can be recoered successfully. Now, if you are ready to recover lost WhatsApp messages, let us take a look at the steps involved.
Step 1 - Launch Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS) and at this point connect your iPhone and your computer. Dr.Fone should automatically detect and identify your iPhone now. Once that has happened, click the option 'Recover from iOS Device' and then 'WhatsApp & Attachments' to begin scanning your device. Move ahead by clicking the 'Start Scan' option.
Step 2 - Once you have pressed the Start Scan button, Dr.Fone will begin scanning your iPhone for all the deleted WhatsApp messages.
Step 3 - After a few minutes, the scanning should be complete and Dr.Fone will have the WhatsApp data that it found listed for you. Click on the option 'WhatsApp Attachments' to see the photos and videos you received on WhatsApp and can be recovered. You can then manually select the ones you want to recover now and simply hit the 'Recover to Computer' option for recovering them all to your computer and save them as a backup. So, you just recover deleted WhatsApp messages successfully!
Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS) is not just the best alternative but also a better way of creating WhatsApp backups. If you liked the article, feel free to share it with others you know and help everyone out.
You Might Also Like
- 1 WhatsApp Backup
- Backup WhatsApp Messages
- WhatsApp Online Backup
- WhatsApp Auto Backup
- WhatsApp Backup Extractor
- Backup WhatsApp Photos/Video
- 2 Whatsapp Recovery
- Android Whatsapp Recovery
- Restore WhatsApp Messages
- Restore WhatsApp Backup
- Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages
- Recover WhatsApp Pictures
- Free WhatsApp Recovery Software
- Retrieve iPhone WhatsApp Messages
- 3 Whatsapp Transfer
- Move WhatsApp to SD Card
- Transfer WhatsApp Account
- Copy WhatsApp to PC
- Backuptrans Alternative
- Transfer WhatsApp Messages
- Transfer WhatsApp from Android to Anroid
- Export WhatsApp History on iPhone
- Print WhatsApp Conversation on iPhone
- Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
- Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
- Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone
- Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to PC
- Transfer WhatsApp from Android to PC
- Transfer WhatsApp Photos from iPhone to Computer
- Transfer WhatsApp Photos from Android to Computer