All the things about Pokémon go gym map you shouldn't miss
One of the best features about a Pokémon Go gym map is the fact that you can use its mapping ability with social media. Connect your social media accounts to the map to find Pokémon characters, take part in raids and gym battles as well as chat with other Pokémon players via the inbuilt chat feature.
On the map. Gyms are designated a red spot while pokestops are in blue. You can choose to view all of them or switch off the gyms or pokestops. This helps in planning your journey; if you want to take part in gym raid, then you can switch off the pokestops, and vice versa.
You can use the social media chat to alert others where to find the gyms or pokestops. You may also search for these spots using the postcode function.
Part 1: What are the special features of Pokémon gym map?
Pokémon gym maps are primarily used for locating Pokémon gyms so you can go there for Pokémon raids. However, they also provide a lot of extra information. Here are some of the special features of Pokémon Go gym maps:
- Lists all Pokémon Go Gym locations so you can easily find them
- Lists all pokestops within the map
- Gives information and countdown timers on planned Pokémon spawning sites so you can plan when you should be in that area.
- There are scanners that are only active during the gym event times. They will not operate when the gym event is over.
- Find Pokémon nests so you can go and harvest a large number of Pokémon creatures.
You can use Pokémon Go gym maps for other events, and not just locating gym locations.
Part 2: How may Pokémon gym maps still work?
When Pokémon was in its infancy, there were various ways in which you could track and find Pokémon activities, characters, nests, gyms and pokestops. However, the apps that were used have become redundant and there are a few that are still active to this day. Here are some of the best Pokémon go gym maps that you can use to find gym activities in your area.
The Sliph Road
This is one of the leading Pokémon Go community sites. The site has several features that can help you track Pokémon characters, nests, spawning sites, gym fights, raids and more. The map is updated in real-time by community members. This is a site that will continue to be a leading resource for Pokémon go gym sites.
This is another tool that you can use to find Pokémon go gyms. Initially, it was simply a tracker with a map, but has now advanced into a Minecraft-like tool. You can use this tool in Minecraft and access a live and fluid experience in the game.
In order to use PokeFind, you can go to PokeFind official page or log in using the Minecraft ID (play.pokefind.co)
This is another leading Pokémon go gym tracking tool, and gives you a live effect. The only downside is that it has a limited effect when it comes to areas beyond a certain geo-fence distance. For example, not every city in the world is covered by the app.
When you are using tis tool for Pokémon gym raids, you can only use the scanning feature during the raid hours.
Although the developers of this tool have kept it running to date, it is only used for finding Pokémon gyms and pokestops. The tool also shows arrows to areas where you can find Pokémon nests. The countdown shows when a nest is migrating so you can be there on time to catch a wide range of Pokémon characters when it migrates.
Part 3: What if a rare Pokémon on the gym map is far from me?
There are times when you may see a Pokémon gym raid happening at a location that is far from you. In such times, you can use a virtual location tool to spoof your location and instantly teleport you to the area so you can take part in any gym events. Use dr. fone virtual location to teleport and ensure that you are not banned from the game by the developers.
Features of dr. fone virtual location – iOS
- Use the tool to teleport to any part of the world within a few seconds so you can take part in gym activities.
- Use the joystick feature to navigate around the map and finding the gym locations easily
- Make real-time movements on the map simulating walking, riding or taking a vehicle
- Use this tool to change your virtual location on any app that requires geo-location data to operate properly.
A step-by-step guide to spoof your location using dr. fone virtual location (iOS)
Access the official dr. fone download page and install it on your computer, Now launch it and then click on “Virtual Location” once you access the home screen.
Connect your iOS devoice to your computer using an original USB cable and then click on “Get Started” to begin changing the location of your iOS device.
You can now view your actual location on the map. Check whether the address is the correct one; if it is not, click on the “Center On” icon and reset your actual location. You can find this icon on the lower end of your computer screen.
On the top of your screen, go to the third icon and click on it. This will put you in the “Teleport” mode. On the search box, enter the coordinates of the Pokémon gym that you want to go to. Click on the “Go” button and your device will instantly be teleported and listed as being in the area of the gym.
The image below is an example of teleporting when you type in Rome, Italy.
Once dr. fone has teleported you, you will now be listed as being a permanent resident of the area. The location will not automatically revert. This allows you to take part in a gym raid, and other events that are in the area.
This permanent location allows you to have a cool down period so you do not get banned for spoofing your iOS device.
Make sure that you click on the “Move Here” button so your phone is permanently listed as being in that particular area. You may change this location as you need in future.
This is how your location will be viewed on the map.
This is how your location will be viewed on another iPhone device.
Part 4: Useful tips to battle in the gym raid battles, gyms, tracker & pokestops
When playing Pokémon Go, there are many simple actions that you can undertake; finding and capturing Pokémon, spinning Pokémon to gain certain items, etc. However, the Pokémon gym system has undergone several changes since it began and is not easy to navigate today.
Today, you have to know how to find gyms, attack them, defend them, and win Stardust, Pokémon coins, items and even candy. This can be quite complicated so here is a list of tips that you can use in Pokémon gyms:
- Find empty gyms so you can join them at any time.
- You can only join up to a maximum of 20 gyms at a go.
- There are only 6 clots in a gym, so you have to find them before they are filled.
- Gyms only accommodate one type of Pokémon character. If you enter a gym using Blissey, then all other entrants can only join using Blissey.
- The gym fights are based on first come basis. The person who joins first is the one who fights first, and can be the first casualty upon losing the fight or proceed upon winning.
- You cannot train in a gym as before; when a gym becomes empty, belongs to your team or has an empty slot, then you can join it.
- The heart placed in the gym is a motivation meter.
- Pokémon characters can lose motivation upon joining a gym. However the rate of decay can scale according to the max CP range of each character (usually 1% – 10%). Pokémon with higher CP have a higher rate of motivation decay.
- The first two losses in a gym fight can reduce the motivation by up to 28%.
- When you get a third loss in a row, you are thrown out of the gym.
- Use a Pinap, Razz Berry or Nanab to increase a Pokémon from the same team during a fight. You can do this for one of your own too. A Golden Razz Berry will fill up the motivation to the max.
- When a Pokémon is full, you can continue feeding it up to 10 extra normal berries. You may also feed 10 different Pokémon a maximum of 10mberries each within 30 minutes.
- You can feed a Pokémon an unlimited number of Golden Razz Berries.
- You can get 20 Stardust, CP or a candy of that Pokémon type when you feed a berry to a Pokémon.
- Berries can be fed remotely to gyms in any area, as long as there is one of your Pokémon inside the gym.
- Gym attacks can be done on any rival gym that is within your reachable area.
- You can use a team of up to 6 Pokémon to attack a gym.
- Save your favorite battle teams so you can use them at any time.
- When a rival beats your Pokémon, you lose motivation and CP.
- If you fight well and throw all rivals out of a gym, you can claim it for your team.
- Every time you last 10 minutes in a gym, you earn a Poke coin.
- You collect your coins when you exit the gym.
- You collect a maximum of 50 coins in a day, no matter how many you have earned. The day starts at midnight.
- Spin a Photo Disc within a gym within 5 minutes to earn items.
- You can earn 2 to 4 items and a bonus items when you spin a gym that you have control over.
- Spinning gyms accumulates your daily streak bonuses.
- Your first spin on a gym will allow you to get a free Raid Pass for that given day.
- Spin gyms in Pokémon Go Plus, just like you would in Pokestops.
- Whenever you interact with a gym, you earn a gym badge.
- A bronze badge earns you 500 points, a silver badge earns 4,000 points and gold badge gets you 30,000 points.
- You can earn top points when you stay in a gym for a long period. 1,440 points for a whole day and 1,000 points for taking part in a gym raid.
- Use the map view to see all your gyms.
Pokémon Go is a popular game, and there are various ways in which you can advance your game play. Pokémon Gym fights and raids are one of the best was to earn points and rewards that will uplift your profile within the game. Learn how to navigate the Pokémon gym system using the tips discussed in this article. When you find a gym that is not within your geographical reach, use dr. fone to change your virtual location in order to get into the gym. Do not forget to team up with other great players who have the same Pokémon as you do, so you can go out on gym raids and grow as a group. There are many aspects that you must learn about Pokémon gyms so use the information here and get into the fight.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
Pokemon Go Hacks
- Popular Pokemon Go Map
- Types of Pokemon Map
- Pokemon Go Hacks
- Play Pokemon Go at Home