How To Delete iCloud Account: Remove Your Apple ID Permanently
Searching "How to delete iCloud account?" If you want to delete an iCloud account, you must delete an Apple ID account. And before you take this irreversible step, it's crucial to understand the implications. Deleting your Apple ID account means permanently erasing all contents stored in your iCloud, such as media and documents. You'll also lose access to essential Apple services such as the App Store, iMessage, and iTunes.
Deleting your Apple ID is a significant decision that should not be taken lightly. Proceeding with Apple ID deletion is a final decision. Once initiated, there's no turning back. If you're certain about it, refer to this article for a step-by-step guide on how to delete iCloud account and explore alternative options if you need it.
- Part 1: Deleting iCloud Account? Essential Preparations Before You Proceed
- Part 2: Remove iCloud Account Without Deleting: Maintaining Your Apple ID
- Part 3: How To Delete iCloud Account Permanently?
- Part 4: How To Remove an iCloud Account Without a Password?
- Part 5: How To Remove an iCloud Account Without Deleting an Apple ID Account?
Part 1: Deleting iCloud Account? Essential Preparations Before You Proceed
Before you learn the steps on "how to delete icloud account," take steps to ensure a smooth transition and prevent the loss of valuable data. Before you permanently remove an iCloud account, ensure you've completed the following:
Backup Your Data
Create a local copy of your files, photos, videos, and documents on your computer or an external hard drive. You can use cloud storage services or third-party apps like Wondershare Dr.Fone to selectively restore it later.
Request a Copy of Your Data
Apple provides a service on selected regions that allows you to request a copy of data associated with your Apple ID before deleting your account. It includes records of your sign-in, account details, iCloud contents, and Apple retail store transactions. Having a copy of this data can be useful if you need to access it in the future.
To request a copy of your data, go to Privacy Apple on your web browser. Under the Obtain a copy of your data section, click Request a copy of your data. Next, select the data you need and click Continue.
Review Your Active Subscriptions
Also, to "delete iCloud account," first review any active subscriptions you may have, such as Apple Music, Apple TV+, or iCloud+ storage. If you don't want to continue these subscriptions, cancel them before deleting your account.
Download Backups of Your Apps, Games, Music, Movies, TV Shows, Books, and Audiobooks
Your iCloud account may contain backups of your apps, games, and media purchases. Before deleting your Apple ID account, download them to your device or a computer to ensure you don't lose access to your favorite content.
Pay Loan Installments You Have With Apple Pay Later
If you have an outstanding loan with Apple Pay Later, pay off any remaining installments before you delete your iCloud account. Otherwise, you may incur late fees or other penalties.
Sign Out of Your Devices and Web Browser
Before deleting your iCloud account, ensure you sign out of your account on all devices, including iPhones, iPads, Macs, and web browsers. Failure to sign out of an account can lead to several potential risks and inconveniences, including:
- Restricted device access
- App malfunctioning
- Constant Sign-in errors
- Web browsers retain your Apple ID information
Part 2: Remove iCloud Account Without Deleting: Maintaining Your Apple ID
Removing an iCloud account from your device doesn't necessarily mean deleting the account itself. It simply means signing out of your iCloud account on that device. Your iCloud data remains intact and accessible from other devices.
However, when you sign out of iCloud on your device, you will be signed out of all Apple services that use your iCloud account. It includes Apple Pay, Find My, iCloud Mail, Siri Shortcuts, and others. You need to sign in with your Apple ID to use these services again.
Remove iCloud Account on iPhone
Here's "how to remove iCloud account" from your iPhone without deleting the account:
- Step 1: Open the Settings app, then tap the Apple ID at the top of the iPhone screen.
- Step 2: Scroll down, tap on Sign Out, enter your Apple ID password, and tap on Turn Off.
- Step 3: Tap on Sign Out to verify.
Remove iCloud Account on Mac Device
Follow these steps below to remove an iCloud account from your macOS Ventura or later:
- Step 1: Click on the Apple logo in the top left corner of your screen, then choose System Settings.
- Step 2: Click on the Apple ID icon and click Sign Out.
- Step 3: Select the data files you want to save, then click Keep a Copy.
Part 3: How To Delete iCloud Account Permanently?
Deleting your Apple ID has effects beyond the loss of data and services. These include:
- Apple will not be able to recover your Apple ID or any associated data once deleted.
- After deleting your iCloud account, any messages sent to you via iCloud Mail or iMessage will not be delivered.
- If you have any unused credit balance in your iCloud account, you cannot redeem or refund it upon deletion.
- The email address associated with your deleted Apple ID becomes unavailable for creating a new Apple ID.
If you are sure of your decision and have prepared for the consequences, here's how to permanently delete your iCloud account:
- Step 1: Open a web browser and visit Apple's privacy website: privacy.apple.com. Sign in using the Apple ID associated with the iCloud account you want to delete.
- Step 2: From Delete your account section, click Request to delete your account.
- Step 3: Choose a reason from the provided options in the drop-down menu for deleting your iCloud account, then click Continue.
- Step 4: Review the information displayed, ensuring you want to proceed with deleting your iCloud account. Click Continue.
- Step 5: Choose where Apple can send you updates regarding your deletion request. Click Continue.
- Step 6: Follow the instructions provided to verify your identity. It may involve entering a code sent to your trusted device or answering security questions.
- Step 7: Review the summary of your deletion request, ensuring all details are accurate. Next, click Delete Account to finalize the deletion process.
Part 4: How To Remove an iCloud Account Without a Password?
You're not alone if you've forgotten your Apple ID password or bought a used iPhone with the previous owner's Apple ID still on it. Many people find themselves in this situation, and it can be frustrating not being able to remove the iCloud account without the password. Fortunately, there is a way to do this using Dr. Fone's iOS Screen Unlock tool:
- Compatible with all versions of iOS, including the latest iOS 17.
- Unlock different iPhone locks, such as screen locks and SIM locks.
- Bypass iCloud Activation lock
- Remove Apple ID even if the iOS device has enabled Find My service
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to use Dr.Fone to remove an iCloud account without a password:
- Step 1: Download and install Dr.Fone on your desktop.
- Step 2: Launch the software and go to My Device. Follow the in-app instructions to connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
Image name: how-to-delete-icloud-account-13.png
- Step 3: Go to Toolbox from the left navigation pane and select Screen Unlock > iOS.
- Step 4: Select Remove AppleID on the next window.
- Step 5: Click Unlock Now to proceed.
If you continue to "remove iCloud account", this will erase all data from your iPhone.
- Step 6: Click Yes if you have set up a screen lock.
- Step 7: Click Yes if you have already enabled Two-Factor Authentication on your iPhone.
- Step 8: Follow the on-screen instructions to put your device into Recovery Mode.
- Step 9: Dr.Fone will recognize your device in the Device Model. Choose an option from the System Version drop-down list and click Start.
- Step 10: The latest iOS firmware is being downloaded.
- Step 11: Click Unlock Now to proceed.
- Step 12: Enter the code given in the dialogue box and click Unlock to continue.
- Step 13: Dr.Fone will then begin removing the iCloud account. Do not disconnect or use your device while the process is ongoing to avoid device issues.
- Step 14: To finalize the Apple ID removal process, please check your device and click Done once you've verified it.
Part 5: How To Remove an iCloud Account Without Deleting an Apple ID Account?
Deciding to permanently "delete iCloud account" or Apple ID is a significant step. If you're unsure about this irreversible action, consider deactivating your account. Deactivating your Apple ID temporarily suspends it. However, this feature may depend on your location.
Once you deactivate your Apple ID, you can no longer use it to sign into any Apple services, including iCloud, the App Store, iTunes, Apple Books, FaceTime, and Apple Pay. Even so, deactivating your Apple ID does not delete your account. You can reactivate your account anytime to regain access to all your Apple services and data.
Here's how to temporarily deactivate your Apple ID account:
- Step 1: Go to Apple's Data and Privacy website. Sign in using your Apple ID.
- Step 2: Scroll down to the Temporarily deactivate your account section and click Request to deactivate your account.
- Step 3: Select a reason for deactivating your account from the drop-down menu, then click Continue.
- Step 4: Review the information and follow the on-screen instructions to complete deactivation.
Keep the unique alphanumeric access code you'll receive. You'll need it to reactivate your Apple ID account.
More Article About iCloud Account:
As you've learned, deleting an iCloud account is a permanent decision you cannot reverse. Once deleted, your account and all associated data will be permanently erased from Apple's servers. Thus, it's crucial to back up your data before proceeding.
Apps like Dr.Fone provide a comprehensive solution for backing up your data and removing an iCloud account without a password. Its user-friendly interface and streamlined processes make it an ideal choice for those seeking a quick and hassle-free experience. Whether you're looking for an answer on "how to delete iCloud account" or "remove iCloud account," Dr.Fone is the ultimate tool to guide you through the process.
- iCloud Delete
- iCloud How-Tos
- 1. Save Documents in iCloud
- 2. Access iCloud Photos
- 3. Access Your Notes on iCloud
- 4. Cancel iCloud Storage Plans
- 5. Sharing iTunes Store Purchases
- 6. Reset iCloud Email on iPhone / PC
- 7. Set Up iCloud Account on Android
- 8. iCloud Two-Factor Authentication
- iCloud Issues
- 1. iCloud Backup Failed Issue
- 2. Not Enough iCloud Storage
- 3. iCloud Contacts Not Syncing
- 4. iCloud Photos Not Syncing
- 5. iPhone Couldn't Be Activated
- 6. iPhone Backup with iTunes/iCloud
- 7. Stuck on Updating iCloud Settings
- 8. iPhone Won't Backup to iCloud
- 9. Notes App Not Syncing with iCloud
- iCloud Tricks
- 1. iCloud Tips and Tricks
- 2. Recover iCloud Password
- 3. Disconnect iPhone from iCloud
- 4. Retrieve Contacts from iCloud
- 5. iCloud Alternative For iPhone/iPad
- 6. Bypass iCloud Activation with IMEI
- 7. Bypass Activation Lock on iPhone
- 8. Change iCloud Account on iPhone
- 9. Get Rid of the Repeated iCloud Sign