How to Remove iCloud Account with or without Password from iPhone/Windows/Mac
In this article we are going to be looking at how to delete or remove iCloud account on different devices even without a password. Let’s begin with how you can do this on your iPhone or iPad.
Apple only offers 5GB of free storage for each iCloud account. If your iCloud storage is full or getting close, you will get the annoying popups everyday. You can follow these 14 simple hacks to fix iCloud storage full on your iPhone/iPad.
- Preparation: Prevent data loss during iCloud account deletion
- Solution 1: How to delete iCloud account on iPhone/iPad
- Solution 2: How to disable iCloud on Mac
- Solution 3: How to remove iCloud on Windows computers
- Solution 4: How to remove iCloud account without password on iPhone
Before we begin, it is important to point out that we should backup our device in case anything goes wrong. As we all know, we can choose to back up our whole device with iTunes. But this method is not flexible and friendly. It doesn't allow us to preview and selectively backup iPhone files. As for the the iTunes backup files, we can't read it normally on computer because of the format compatibility problem. In order to try a more flexible way to backup our iPhone data before deleting iCloud account, we recommend dr.fone - Backup & Restore (iOS). It is designed to selectively backup iPhone data to computer or to other devices.
Steps to selectively backup iPhone files with dr.fone
- Run dr.fone and click "Backup & Restore". After that, just connect our device to the computer. Then select Backup & Restore among all the tools.
- After the device is successfully connected with our computer, click Backup under Device Data Backup tab. .
- dr.fone will automatically detect the decvice and display the files types for us to select. We can choose what we want and click "Backup" to initiate the backup process
- Here we can see dr.fone is backing up our files.
- After the data backup process is completed, you can either open backup location to check the backup file saved to the local storage, or click View Backup History to check all backup files on your computer.
- Click the View button to check the backup contents. Just tick whatever you want and click "Export to PC" to restore to device or export the selected files to the computer.
Provided we have backed up iPhone without password in advance, we can go to delete iCloud account without worrying data loss.
Steps to delete iCloud account on iPhone/iPad
- Tap on the Settings app and then scroll down to find iCloud.
- Tap on "iCloud" to open it.
- Scroll down until you find "Delete Account" and then tap on that.
- Tap on "Delete" again to confirm the deletion of the iCloud account.
In those three steps you can effectively remove your iCloud account from your iPhone or iPad. Once this is done, you will be left with a blank iCloud account and you can choose to create a new Apple ID or change to another iCloud account. But you are suggested to back up your iPhone before deleting your iCloud account. Please refer to the Preparation part in this article to get the details.
You May Also like:
If you need to disable iCloud on the Mac, follow these very simple steps.
- Click on the Apple Icon and then "System Preferences" from the Context menu.
- In the System Preferences Window, Click on "Mail, Contacts & Calendars."
- Choose iCloud from the left pane of the resultant window.
- Check the box next to the App you want to disable or enable in the pane on the right.
Also Read: How to Reset iPhone Without Apple ID >>
If your iCloud account is on a windows computer and you want to remove it, here’s a step by step on how to easily do that. But before we get to the steps it is important that you have a backup for all your information on the iCloud.
Steps to remove iCloud on Windows computers
- On your Windows PC, click on "Start" and the Control Panel. In the Control Panel, Choose "Uninstall a Program"
- Find iCloud in the List of programs on your computer.
- Select remove iCloud for Windows from this Computer when prompted. Then click on "Yes" to confirm the deletion and then wait for the process to complete.
- Click on "Yes" when the PC asks if you want iCloud to make changes to it. Once the process is complete, click on "Finish" and then manually restart your system.
iCloud account is a great way for Apple users to sync their phone data, but you may need to remove your iCloud account because of some personal reasons. This is normal, but if forgot the password of yourr iCloud account, then how can you remove iCloud account without password on iPhone?
Steps to delete iCloud account on iPhone/iPad
In case you forgot iPhone password and want to remove iCloud account without password, here’s how to do it in simple steps.
- Go the Settings app and find iCloud. Tap on it to open. When prompted for a password, enter any random number. Then Tap on "Done."
- iCloud will tell you that the username and password you entered is incorrect. Click on "OK" and then "Cancel" to go back to main iCloud page. After that, tap on Account again but this time, remove the description and then tap on "Done".
- This time, you will be taken back to the main iCloud page without having to enter your password. You will also notice that the "Find my Phone" feature has been turned off automatically. Then scroll down and tap on Delete. You will be promoted to confirm the deletion which you can do by tapping on "Delete" again.
What if the above steps fail to remove iCloud account without passcode
If the above steps fail, you need to bypass iCloud activation before removing iCloud account, since the passcode is forgotten. So, here I am going to share you an iCloud removal website to unlock iCloud lock (remove iCloud account) without passcode.
Note: To be honest, this method cannot ensure 100% success rate, but you can still give it a try anyway.
Steps to unlock your iCloud account online
- Go to the Official iPhoneUnlock and click "iCloud Unlock" on the left side of the window.
- Select your iPhone model and enter the IMEI code of your device. If you don't know how to find your IMEI number, you can click the blue text "Click here if you need help finding your IMEI" below.
- Then you can get a confirmation message that your iCloud will be unlocked in 1-3 days.
So, here you just unlock your iCloud account. I hope it will be useful for you to bypass iCloud activation who confront such kind of problems. You can leave your comments below to let me know your problems. I am here to help you get it through.
- Delete from iCloud
- Fix iCloud Issues
- Repeated iCloud sign-in request
- Manage multiple idevices with one Apple ID
- Fix iPhone Stuck on Updating iCloud Settings
- iCloud Contacts Not Syncing
- iCloud Calendars Not Syncing
- iCloud Tricks
- iCloud Using Tips
- Cancel iCloud Storage Plan
- Reset iCloud Email
- iCloud Email Password Recovery
- Change iCloud Account
- Forgot Apple ID
- Upload Photos to iCloud
- iCloud Storage Full
- Best iCloud Alternatives
- Restore iCloud from Backup Without Reset
- Restore WhatsApp from iCloud
- Backup Restore Stuck
- Backup iPhone to iCloud
- iCloud Backup Messages