How to Transfer iCloud Photos to Android Quickly and Easily
If your primary computer is a Mac and you have an iPhone, most likely you are habituated to using iCloud Photos. If you have used an iPhone and a Mac and have either shifted recently to Android or bought an Android as a secondary device or if a family member has an Android device, you might feel the pain wondering how to transfer iCloud photos to Android quickly and easily. In the Apple ecosystem, iCloud makes it incredibly easy to keep everything synced between your iPhone and your Mac, but what happens when you bring an Android device in the mix? How to transfer iCloud photos to Android without a computer or even with a computer?
Transfer iCloud Photos to Android Without Computer
If you want to transfer a few photos from your iCloud to your Android without a computer in between, this method, although cumbersome, is a great way to download iCloud photos to Android without a computer in a pinch and it comes straight from Apple. There are also some sweet surprises in classic Apple style for added convenience for users. This method is useful when you want to download iCloud photos to Android quickly and free of cost, but it consumes data so you might want to be careful if you have a limited data plan on your Android.
Step 1: Open Chrome web browser on your Android and visit https://icloud.com
Step 2: Sign in with your Apple ID credentials
Step 3: After signing in, from the list of apps, select Photos
Step 4: Select the photo you want to download to Android. If you want to select multiple photos, tap Select at the top-right corner and select either the entire ranges or multiple photos as desired
Step 5: After selecting photos, tap the 3-dot circle at the bottom-right corner and tap Download
That’s it, the images will be available in the Download folder in Android. You can access this folder either in Google Photos by going to Albums or you can use a File Browser to access the download folder.
This is a fantastically easy method to browse your iCloud Photo Library and download iCloud photos to android without a computer.
Nifty Features: Manage iCloud Photo Library from Android
Being Apple, there are some features you will find thoughtful, and using these you can manage your iCloud Photo Library from Android.
1. Notice the Upload link in blue at the bottom in the Photos tab. Using this link you can browse all images in your Android and upload the images to your iCloud Photo Library if you want to.
2. If you switch to Albums from the bottom tabs and go into any of your albums, you can add photos from the iCloud Photo Library or upload photos from Android straight into the album you have open.
Using Dr.Fone To Transfer iCloud Photos To Android
Dr.Fone is an incredibly versatile and powerful third-party tool to manage your iPhone and Android devices. It allows you to do a lot with your devices, from managing photos, videos, and music to installing and removing apps on iPhone and Android devices to accessing and interacting with the Android file and folder system for a multitude of uses. Dr.Fone is the only toolkit you need for managing media on your phone, and to perform all sorts of tasks on your phone, be it iPhone or Android. It comes as no surprise then, that the Dr.Fone toolkit is capable of helping you to transfer iCloud photos to Android as well.
Enable iCloud Backup
Using Dr.Fone to transfer iCloud photos to Android relies on having iCloud backup enabled in your iPhone. Here’s how to check the status and enable backup on your iPhone.
- Open Settings app on iPhone
- Tap your name at the top
- Tap iCloud
- Scroll down to find the iCloud Backup option
- If it shows On, you need not do anything else. If it shows Off, tap it.
- Enable iCloud backup on your iPhone
- iOS backs up when the iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi, power, and when it is locked. You can connect the iPhone to Wi-Fi, connect it to power, and then the option to Back Up Now will be enabled. Tap that and let it finish.
Using Dr.Fone To Access iCloud Backup And Restore To Android
Step 1: Connect your Android phone to your computer using a USB cable
Step 2: Open Dr.Fone on your computer
Step 3: Click Phone Backup
Step 4: After phone detection, you will be presented with two options - Backup and Restore. Click Restore
Step 5: In the next window there are several options you can use to restore data to Android. Select Restore From iCloud Backup
Step 6: You will be presented with the iCloud homepage
Step 7: Sign in to iCloud using your Apple ID or iCloud ID credentials
Step 8: Apple started using Two-Factor Authentication a while ago, so you may have that enabled. If so, you will receive a prompt on your iPhone or your Mac that there is a login to your account, do you want to allow? You need to allow this, and you will be presented with a 6-digit code that you need to enter into Dr.Fone to grant Dr.Fone access to your iCloud account.
Step 9: Dr.Fone will now show your iCloud backup file (or files, if you have had iCloud backup enabled for a long time)
Step 10: Click Latest Backup Date to sort it based on the last creation date so that the latest backup that you just created is at the top. Click Download.
Step 11: Once the download completes, you will be presented with a screen listing the contents of the backup - your photos, music, videos, and apps. Click photos.
Step 12: Select the photos you wish to transfer to Android, and click Restore to Device at the bottom-right and your photos will be transferred to your Android device.
Notice that you can also transfer iCloud photos to Android using Dr.Fone – Phone Manager by restoring from iTunes backup if you have local backups on your computer. You can use this option if you are running macOS 10.14 Mojave on your Mac or you are using iTunes on Windows and do not want to use internet bandwidth to download iCloud backups to your computer to transfer iCloud photos to Android.
If you are looking for a free way to transfer iCloud photos to Android, the best way is provided by Apple itself. All you need to do is go to the iCloud website on your Android device and start downloading photos. The website makes it easy to download one or several photos, and even allows you basic management in form of adding photos to iCloud Photo Library from your Android phone and adding photos to albums in the iCloud Photo Library from within Photos and from your Android device directly. This is a remarkable level of functionality that comes at zero cost - it is free to use.
On the other hand, you have Dr.Fone. Dr.Fone is a complete suite that makes managing media and files on your Android and iOS devices as easy as can be. Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) and Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (Android) is the most powerful third-party software available to transfer files from your computer to iOS and Android devices easily and vice versa. You can use Dr.Fone to transfer iCloud photos to Android easily and do much more than just this. This software allows you to restore iCloud backups on Android, it allows you to transfer music and videos too, it allows you to check and uninstall apps on your iPhone and allows you to both install and uninstall apps when an Android device is connected. Using Dr.Fone - Phone Manager for Android, you can see your Android file system and use it directly, if you are an advanced user, to send files from Android to laptop/ Mac, to send files from laptop/ Mac to Android as well. You can use Dr.Fone to:
- Manage your Android phone
- Manage your iPhone
- Transfer media and data from iPhone to Mac/ laptop
- Transfer media and files from Mac/ laptop to iPhone
- Transfer media and data from Android to Mac/ laptop
- Transfer media and data from Mac/ laptop to Android
- Restore iCloud Photos and other data from iCloud Backup to Android
- Restore iCloud Photos and other data from iTunes Backup to Android
- Much more.
This is the only tool you will ever need for your iPhone and Android.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Transfer From Android
- Transfer from Android to PC
- Transfer Pictures from Huawei to PC
- Transfer Pictures from LG to Computer
- Transfer Photos from Android to Computer
- Transfer Outlook Contacts from Android to computer
- Transfer from Android to Mac
- Transfer Photos from Android to Mac
- Transfer Data from Huawei to Mac
- Transfer Data from Sony to Mac
- Transfer Data from Motorola to Mac
- Sync Android with Mac OS X
- Apps for Android Transfer to Mac
- Data Transfer to Android
- Import CSV Contacts to Android
- Transfer Pictures from Computer to Android
- Transfer VCF to Android
- Transfer Music from Mac to Android
- Transfer Android SMS to Android
- Transfer Android Photos to Android
- Transfer Music to Android
- Transfer Data from Android to Android
- Transfer Files from PC to Android
- Transfer Files from Mac to Android
- Android File Transfer App
- Android File Transfer Alternative
- Android to Android Data Transfer Apps
- Android File Transfer Not Working
- Android File Transfer Mac Not Working
- Top Alternatives to Android File Transfer for Mac
- Android Manager
- Seldom-Known Android Tips