dr.fone - Phone Backup FAQs
1. What to do if dr.fone fails to backup or restore my device?
If dr.fone fails to back up your iOS/Android phone or fails to restore the backup to the target device, follow the troubleshooting steps below.
- Try to connect your phone using a genuine USB/lightning cable.
- Check if you are using the latest version of dr.fone. If yes, restart it and try again.
- If it won’t work, contact our support team and send us the log file for further troubleshooting.
You can find the log file from the paths below.
On Windows: C:\ProgramData\Wondershare\dr.fone\log\Backup
On Mac: ~/.config/Wondershare/Dr.Fone/log/Backup/
2. What should I do if dr.fone - Backup&Restore doesn't display properly?
On some computers, dr.fone may not be able to display properly. This is caused by the text size settings on the computer. If you have another computer, you can install dr.fone on the other computer for a try. If you don’t have another computer, follow the steps below to fix it. Show more >>
- Right-click the desktop screen, select Display Settings. Or go to Start > Settings > System > Display.
- Under Scale and layout, change the size of the text and apps as 100%. Click Apply to save the change.
- If your computer runs on Windows 7, you can change the DPI. Go to Start, search Search Font Size. Then select a smaller font size on the Display window.
3. Can I backup data on broken Android or iOS devices?
Currently, dr.fone does not support to back up data from broken devices. But if you have Samsung devices, you can use dr.fone – Data Recovery (Android) to extract the data from the broken phone. Check the step by step guide here to retrieve data from broken Android.