dr.fone - Erase FAQs
1. What to do if dr.fone fails to erase my phone?
If dr.fone fail to erase your phone, please follow the troubleshooting steps below.
- Connect your device to the computer using a genuine USB/Lightning cable.
- Restart your device and dr.fone.
- Also, the time it would take for data erasing depends on the data size on the device. So if the device has a large quantity of data, wait for a while to let the data erasure to complete.
- Check if Find my iPhone is enabled on your iPhone/iPad. To permanently erase the data, we need to turn off Find my iPhone temporary. To turn off Find My iPhone, go to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone to disable it.
- If it fails to erase your data, please don’t hesitate to contact the support team and send us the program log file for further troubleshooting.
You can find the log file from the paths below.
On Windows: C:\ProgramData\Wondershare\dr.fone\log
2.Can I select a specific file to erase on Android?
Currently, dr.fone – Erase(Android) only support to wipe the Android phone completely. It does not support to delete a specific file type yet.