Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock FAQs
1. What to do if Dr.Fone fails to unlock my iPhone/iPad?
- Restart your computer and Dr.Fone.
- Connect your iPhone/iPad using another lightning cable. It’d be better to use a genuine cable to connect the device.
- If it still doesn’t work, click the Menu > Feedback from the top right corner of Dr.Fone to contact the technical support team.
2. Why my data was erased after unlocking iPhone?
3. Does Dr.Fone support to bypass iCloud lock?
4. What to do if Dr.Fone fails to unlock my Android phone?
- Make sure you’ve selected the correct device name and model. This is a very important step to unlock your phone.
- Make sure you’ve followed the onscreen instruction to boot the phone in Download mode successfully.
- Try to unlock the phone again. If it still fails, click the Menu > Feedback on Dr.Fone to contact the support team for further help.
5. What to do if I can’t find My Android phone model on the list?
To unlock Android without data loss, Dr.Fone supports some Samsung and LG devices. You can check the supported devices here.
If your device is not in the list, but your device is Huawei, Lenovo Xiaomi or other models from Samsung and LG, Dr.Fone is able to help you remove the lock screen too. But it will delete all data on the device. You can follow the step by step guide to removing the lock screen.
6. Does Dr.Fone support to bypass FRP(Factory reset protection)?
Currently, Dr.Fone does not support to bypass the factory reset protection yet. But you can find more tips on how to bypass factory reset protection here.