Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS):
"I have bought a second-hand iPhone but it has an activation lock. How can I remove it?"
"Frustrated. Restored the device but forgot that I once turned on Find My iPhone."
Do you encounter such an issue? Are you locked out of your iPhone X with the iCloud activation lock? Where it seems impossible to you to use the phone for your daily tasks, it is entirely possible to remove the Activation Lock from your iPhone. Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock can help you to remove the iCloud activation lock. Run Dr.Fone, go to 'Screen Unlock' > 'Bypass Activate Lock' to unlock your iCloud. It works even if your phone is a second-hand iPhone or iPad.
How to Remove iCloud Activation Lock
1. Supported Devices
Dr.Fone resolves the problem across most iOS devices for you. To figure out which iOS device can be covered with this method of bypassing Activation Lock, look ahead:
- iPhone 5S to iPhone X running iOS 12.0 to 14.8.1
- iPad 4 to iPad 7 running iOS/iPadOS 12.0 to 14.8.1
- iPod touch 7 to iPod touch 9 running iOS 12.0 to 14.8.1
Note: It's a must to jailbreak iOS before using Dr.Fone's Bypass Activate Lock feature.
2. Step-By-Step Guide to Remove Activation Lock
We shall now see the steps on how you can remove Activation Lock with the help of Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS):
Step 1: Start by downloading and installing the latest version of Dr.Fone on your computer. As you launch the tool, proceed to tap on the option of "Screen Unlock" in the provided list.
Step 2: As you lead into the next screen to define the purpose of using the Screen Unlock tool, click on "Bypass Activate Lock" to remove the Activation Lock from an iOS device.
Step 3: Next, you need to click on "Start" to initiate the process of unlocking your iOS device out of the Activation Lock.
Step 4: While you unlock your iOS device under such scenarios, the outcome of the process holds a difference for GSM and CDMA mobile devices. Let's find out how they are different:
- If you own a GSM device, unlocking the Activation Lock would do no harm to the iOS device. You can enjoy all the services of the iOS device once it is unlocked.
- If you have a CDMA device, there are some restrictions that would remain on your iOS device. You won't be able to use the device for phone calls and cellular data use. Apart from that, your Apple ID can be utilized across the App Store and other important functions.
Step 5: To continue with the process, you have to ensure that your iOS device is jailbroken. If you are unaware of the operations, you can use the guide or watch the attached video to perform this action.
Step 6: As you jailbreak your iOS device, the process of removing the Activation Lock initiates and is displayed on the next window with a progress bar.
Step 7: Once the process is covered and the iCloud Activation Lock is removed, a prompt window is displayed next. Click on "Done" to conclude the process of bypassing the Activation Lock across your iOS device.