Best Ways to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android
Switching from iPhone to Android is never an easy task. It can be hard to get all of the data from one device to another in just the right way. One of the most difficult types of data to transfer from an iOS platform to Android is application data such as WhatsApp messages. To transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android, you must employ the services of a specially designed program that can help.
Yet, when looking for how to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android devices or even how to transfer WhatsApp history from iPhone to Android, you will come across a lot of solutions. This doesn't, however, mean that they are all reliable or even remotely effective. To save you the headache-inducing and time-consuming activity of going through each one, we've outlined the best way to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android.
Part 1. The Absolute Best Way to Transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android
Dr.Fone - WhatsApp Transfer is the absolute best way to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android. There are two major reasons why we say Dr.Fone is the best:
- Easy. In this fast-paced world, you don't need a tool that is complicated and very time-consuming. Everyone wants a method that easy, reliable, and convenient. Even more important, all of your messages will be of great quality when they make it to the destination device.
- Convenient. Dr.Fone - WhatsApp Transfer allows transferring from iPhone directly to another phone. It can also transfer from an iTunes backup to an Android phone if your iPhone is not at hand.
Besides transferring the WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android directly, you can also back up the WhatsApp messages on iPhone with Dr.Fone and restore the backup to Android or iPhone later at any time.
Reliable Solution to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android
- Sync iOS WhatsApp to any iOS/Android device.
- Backup other iOS social apps like LINE, Kik, Viber, and WeChat.
- Restore any item from the WhatsApp backup to any device.
- Export what you want from the WhatsApp backup to your computer.
Here's how to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android using Dr.Fone.
Step 1: Download and then install Dr.Fone on to your computer. Launch it and then select "WhatsApp Transfer".
Step 2: Connect both devices to your computer using USB cables. Go to the WhatsApp tab and from the options provided, choose "Transfer WhatsApp messages."
Step 3: Click "Transfer" to begin the process. Please note that the existing WhatsApp messages will be deleted from the destination device. In the popup window that appears, you will be required to confirm this.
Step 4: Now all you have to do is just to wait for the transfer process to complete. You will see the following confirmation window, once the process is complete.
Part 2. Other 4 Ways to Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
The following are 4 other ways you can transfer WhatsApp messages from your iPhone to an Android device.
1. Transfer WhatsApp Chats using Wazzap Migrator
A Wazzap migrator can be used to transfer WhatsApp messages as well as their attachments from an iPhone to an Android device. You have to use iTunes if you use this tool.
Here's how to use Wazzap Migrator to transfer your WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android with the help of iTunes.
Step 1. Launch iTunes and back up your iPhone on the computer.
To transfer WhatsApp chats, you will firstly need to backup your iPhone using iTunes first. Launch iTunes on your computer and connect to the iPhone. Then go to Summary and click Back Now Now.
Note: DO NOT tick the Encrypt backup option here. The Wazzap Migrator can't decrypt data in the backup if you tick it.
Step 2. Download and install WazzapMigrator Extractor from wizzapmigrator.com.
After the backup is done, download WazzapMigrator Extractor from wizzapmigrator.com and install it on your computer. Run WazzapMigrator Extractor and select the 'ChatStorage.sqlite' under iTunesBackup. Extract and upload it to your Google Drive.
Step 3. Now transfer 'ChatStorage.sqlite' and media file to the 'Download' folder on your Android device.
Step 4. Launch the Wazzap Migrator App on your Android device.
From the Google Play Store, download the Wazzap Migrator App. Launch the App on your Android device and make sure it detects the data backup that contains the messages you want to transfer.
Step 5. Press the Play button until you get to "Conversion Successful".
Step 6. Go to the Google Play store and install WhatsApp. Activate it with your phone number and restore WhatsApp.
- No cables are needed.
- Both messages and media transferred.
- Need to install two applications.
- Not one-click operation. Too much manual operation.
2. Transfer WhatsApp chats using Backuptrans
Backuptrans has long been a popular solution for transferring WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android. While the existing WhatsApp conversations on the Android will lose after the transfer. It can also be used to copy the messages from iPhone and Android to a computer.
Here's how to use Backuptrans to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android.
Step 1: Begin by installing Backuptrans on your computer and then run the program. Connect both the iPhone and Android to the computer using USB and lightning cables. The program may ask you to back up the messages on your iOS device.
Step 2: Click on the iPhone device you want to transfer messages from. From the options presented, select "Transfer Messages from iPhone to Android."
This will transfer all the messages from the iPhone to Android.
- Supports all iPhones and Android Phones with different networks.
- Transfer both messages and media.
- WhatsApp messages on the Android phone will lose.
3. Transfer WhatsApp messages via Email Chat
Except for the solutions above, there are some other ways to perform this transfer as well. For instance, you can always email conversations right from WhatsApp’s interface. This is one of the fastest ways to send a conversation to someone else (or yourself). Learn how to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android via email by following these steps:
- Firstly, select the conversation that you wish to send via email. Slide the conversation and tap on the “More” option.
- From here, you can access the Chat Settings for that conversation. Simply tap on the “Email Conversation” option to proceed.
- You will be asked whether you would like to attach media files in the chat or not. Touch on the desired option and provide the email id to send the conversation via email.
- No need to download any app.
- Only transfer WhatsApp text document to your email.
- The chats in the text document file can't be detected by WhatsApp on your Android phone.
4. Transfer WhatsApp chats using a backup (for iPhone to iPhone)
When you transfer WhatsApp using WhatsApp backup, you can only transfer from Google Drive to an Android phone. or from iCloud backup to an iPhone. iOS and Android are two eco-systems. Therefore iCloud backup is only for iPhone and Google Drive backup can be detected by Android phone. This way only works when you transfer from iPhone to iPhone.
- On your iPhone, open WhatsApp, go to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup > Back Up Now to backup all WhatsApp chats to iCloud first.
- Uninstall WhatsApp on your iPhone and install WhatsApp on the new iPhone.
- Sign in to the same WhatsApp account on the iPhone. Then it will remind you that "Message Backup Found".
- Select Restore and follow the instructions carefully to transfer WhatsApp messages to your iPhone.
- WhatsApp official way.
- No need to download any app.
- Only when the target phone is an iPhone.
- Can't transfer from iCloud backup to an Android phone.
Transferring WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android doesn't have to be difficult. With the right tool, the process can be easy and accomplished in just a few minutes. Dr.Fone is the right tool for the job as the comparison above clear shows.
Recommend: If you are using multiple cloud drives, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and Box to save your files. We introduce you to Wondershare InClowdz to migrate, sync, and manage all your cloud drive files in one place.
Migrate, Sync, Manage Clouds Files in One Place
- Migrate cloud files such as photos, music, documents from one drive to another, like Dropbox to Google Drive.
- Backup your music, photos, videos in one could drive to another to keep files safe.
- Sync clouds files such as music, photos, videos, etc. from one cloud drive to another.
- Manage all cloud drives such as Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, box, and Amazon S3 in one place.
- 1 WhatsApp Backup
- Backup WhatsApp Messages
- WhatsApp Online Backup
- WhatsApp Auto Backup
- WhatsApp Backup Extractor
- Backup WhatsApp Photos/Video
- 2 Whatsapp Recovery
- Android Whatsapp Recovery
- Restore WhatsApp Messages
- Restore WhatsApp Backup
- Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages
- Recover WhatsApp Pictures
- Free WhatsApp Recovery Software
- Retrieve iPhone WhatsApp Messages
- 3 Whatsapp Transfer
- Move WhatsApp to SD Card
- Transfer WhatsApp Account
- Copy WhatsApp to PC
- Backuptrans Alternative
- Transfer WhatsApp Messages
- Transfer WhatsApp from Android to Anroid
- Export WhatsApp History on iPhone
- Print WhatsApp Conversation on iPhone
- Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
- Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
- Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone
- Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to PC
- Transfer WhatsApp from Android to PC
- Transfer WhatsApp Photos from iPhone to Computer
- Transfer WhatsApp Photos from Android to Computer