Best Ways to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android
Switching from iPhone to Android is never an easy task. It can be hard to get all of the data from one device to another in just the right way. One of the most difficult types of data to transfer from an iOS platform to Android is application data such as WhatsApp messages. To transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android, you must employ the services of a specially designed program that can help.
Yet, when looking for how to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android devices or even how to transfer WhatsApp history from iPhone to Android, you will come across a lot of solutions. This doesn't, however, mean that they are all reliable or even remotely effective. To save you a headache-inducing and time-consuming activity of going through each one, we've outlined the best way to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android.
Part 1. The Absolute Best Way to Transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android
Dr.Fone - WhatsApp Transfer is the absolute best way to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android. There is one major reason why we say Dr.Fone is the best is how easy it makes to backup and transfer WhatsApp history. In this fast-paced world, you don't need a tool that is complicated and very time-consuming. Everyone wants a method that easy, reliable, and convenient. Even more important, all of your messages will be of great quality when they make it to the destination device. Besides transferring the WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android directly, you can also back up the WhatsApp messages on iPhone with Dr.Fone and restore the backup to Android later at any time.
Reliable Solution to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android
- Sync iOS WhatsApp to any iOS/Android devices.
- Backup other iOS social apps like LINE, Kik, Viber, and WeChat.
- Restore any item from the WhatsApp backup to any device.
- Export what you want from the WhatsApp backup to your computer.
Here's how to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android using Dr.Fone.
Step 1: Download and then install Dr.Fone on to your computer. Launch it and then select "WhatsApp Transfer" for Windows users.
Step 2: Connect both devices to your computer using USB cables. After that, the program should detect the devices. Go to the WhatsApp tab and from the options provided, choose "Transfer WhatsApp messages."
Step 3: Click "Transfer" to begin the process. Please note that the existing WhatsApp messages will be deleted in the destination device. In the popup window that appears, you will be required to confirm this.
Step 4: Now all you have to do is just to wait for the transfer process to complete. You will see the following confirmation window, once the process is complete.
Part 2. Other 4 Ways to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android
The following are 4 other ways you can transfer WhatsApp messages from your iPhone to an Android device.
1. Transfer WhatsApp Chats using Wazzap Migrator
Among other features, a Wazzap migrator can be used to transfer WhatsApp messages as well as their attachments from an iPhone to an Android device. Unlike Dr.Fone - WhatsApp Transfer, you don't need the iPhone to make the transfer, you just need an iPhone WhatsApp backup and the Android device.
Here's how to use Wazzap Migrator to transfer your WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android.
Step 1. To transfer WhatsApp chats, you will firstly need to backup your iPhone using iTunes first. Launch iTunes on your computer and connect the iPhone. Then go to Summary and click Back Now Now. Note: DO NOT tick the Encrypt backup option here.
Step 2. After the backup is done, download iBackup Viewer from wizzapmigrator.com and install it on your computer. Run iBackup Viewer and select the iPhone. Select the Raw Files icon, switch to Tree View mode. On the left window, find the file name WhatsApp.Share and export it. If you need to transfer the attachments, go to the WhatsApp folder and find the Media folder and export it too.
Step 3. Then connect the Android phone to the computer. Copy the WhatsApp.shared file and Media folder to the Download folder on Android phone.
Step 4: From the Google Play Store, download the Wazzap Migrator App. Launch the App on your Android device and then select the iPhone Archive that contains the messages you want to transfer.
Step 5: Go through the checklist process until you get to "Converting Messages." And once the conversion process is complete, choose whether you want the app to move the converted messages to your WhatsApp folder.
2. Transfer WhatsApp chats using Backuptrans
Backuptrans has long been a popular solution for transferring WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android. While the existing WhatsApp conversations on the Android will lose after the transfer. It can also be used to copy the messages from iPhone and Android to a computer.
Here's how to use Backuptrans to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android.
Step 1: Begin by installing Backuptrans on your computer and then run the program. Connect both of the iPhone and Android to the computer using USB and lightning cables. The program may ask you to back up the messages on your iOS device.
Step 2: Click on the iPhone device you want to transfer messages from. From the options presented, select "Transfer Messages from iPhone to Android."
This will transfer all the messages from the iPhone to Android.
3. Transfer WhatsApp messages via Email Chat
Except for the solutions above, there are some other ways to perform this transfer as well. For instance, you can always email conversations right from WhatsApp’s interface. This is one of the fastest ways to send a conversation to someone else (or yourself). Learn how to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android via email by following these steps:
- Firstly, select the conversation that you wish to send via email. Slide the conversation and tap on the “More” option.
- From here, you can access the Chat Settings for that conversation. Simply tap on the “Email Conversation” option to proceed.
- You will be asked whether you would like to attach media files in the chat or not. Touch on the desired option and provide the email id to send the conversation via email.
This way transfers WhatsApp text document to your email. The chats in the file can't be detected or read by the WhatsApp app on your Android phone.
4. Transfer WhatsApp chats using backup
- On your iPhone, open WhatsApp, go to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup > Back Up Now to backup all WhatsApp chats to iCloud first.
- Uninstall WhatsApp on your iPhone and install WhatsApp on the new Android phone.
- Sign in the same WhatsApp account on the Android phone. Then it will remind you that "Message Backup Found".
- Select Restore and follow the instructions carefully to transfer WhatsApp messages to Android phones.
Transferring WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android doesn't have to be difficult. With the right tool, the process can be easy and accomplished in just a few minutes. Dr.Fone is the right tool for the job as the comparison above clearly shows.
- 1 WhatsApp Backup
- Backup WhatsApp Messages
- WhatsApp Online Backup
- WhatsApp Auto Backup
- WhatsApp Backup Extractor
- Backup WhatsApp Photos/Video
- 2 Whatsapp Recovery
- Android Whatsapp Recovery
- Restore WhatsApp Messages
- Restore WhatsApp Backup
- Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages
- Recover WhatsApp Pictures
- Free WhatsApp Recovery Software
- Retrieve iPhone WhatsApp Messages
- 3 Whatsapp Transfer
- Move WhatsApp to SD Card
- Transfer WhatsApp Account
- Copy WhatsApp to PC
- Backuptrans Alternative
- Transfer WhatsApp Messages
- Transfer WhatsApp from Android to Anroid
- Export WhatsApp History on iPhone
- Print WhatsApp Conversation on iPhone
- Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
- Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
- Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone
- Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to PC
- Transfer WhatsApp from Android to PC
- Transfer WhatsApp Photos from iPhone to Computer
- Transfer WhatsApp Photos from Android to Computer