How To Unlock The iPhone SE SIM Lock: 4 Easy Methods
Is your iPhone SE locked to a specific carrier? Losing a complete hold of your iPhone is very frustrating. You can't use a SIM card from a different network. Keep calm because you have the chance to learn about the tools you can use to unlock your iPhone SE.
In this article, we'll talk about the two ways to find out if your phone is SIM-locked and four ways to unlock iPhone SE, including Software that can quickly unlock your phone by following a few simple steps. After you read this article, the carrier options are much more available.
How to Check the SIM Lock Status on iPhone SE
Check the "Network Provider Lock"
Before you go for a solution to unlock your iPhone SE, you should first know the nature of the lock on your device. So, you should check the lock following the methods below.
- Check it via "Carrier Lock" in "Settings."
Go to Settings > General > About.
Apple has added a new section to iOS 14 called Network Provider Lock that immediately tells you the device's status.
Scroll down until it immediately tells you the device's status section. "No SIM restrictions" should appear on the screen if the iPhone is unlocked. Seeing something else means that the iPhone is locked.
Try a SIM card from another carrier.
Follow the steps below:
- Switch off your iPhone
- Open the SIM Tray with a straight pin and take out the SIM card.
- Put the SIM card from a different provider into the iPhone's sim card slot. Put the tray back where it belongs.
- Turn on the iPhone.
- Call any phone number that works. Your iPhone is locked if you get an error message. If you can make the call and connect, your iPhone is unlocked.
What are the prerequisites for an iPhone SE SIM lock?
(Verizon/AT&T/T-Mobile as example)
How to unlock the iPhone locked by Verizon
To prevent theft and other types of fraud, Verizon locks new devices to only work on the Verizon network. The company has different rules for unlocking prepaid and post-pay devices, as well as special rules for people in the military who are distributed.
"Unlocking" a device means turning off Software that would stop a customer from trying to use a device made for one carrier's network on another carrier's network. Due to different technologies, a Verizon Wireless device that has been unlocked may only work partially on another carrier's network.
Verizon's Policy for unlocking Post-pay devices
If you buy a phone from Verizon, it will be locked for 60 days after you buy it. If you buy a device from one of their authorized retailers, it will be locked for 60 days after it is activated.
After 60 days, the lock will be taken off itself unless the device is found to be stolen or was bought through fraud. After 60 days, their phones are never locked again.
Unlocking Verizon's Prepaid Device
After activation, devices you buy from Verizon and some devices you buy from one of their authorized retailers are locked for 60 days. After 60 days, the lock will be taken off itself unless the device is found to be stolen or was bought through fraud. After the first 60 days, their phones are locked, but after that, they never lock them again.
Military Personnel Placement Unlocking Policy
If you are in the military and a Verizon Wireless customer, in case, you get orders to move outside of the Verizon Coverage Area. The company will unlock your device and stop your service if you ask, even if it has only been 60 days since you bought it.
How to unlock the iPhone locked by AT&T
First, you should know that AT&T customers can only unlock a certain number of devices yearly. If a customer's account is in good shape, they can unlock up to five devices per account per year. You can find out how to unlock an AT&T device and if you meet the requirements on the AT&T support page.
AT&T Unlocking security question
- The person's full name as it appears on the account
- The account holder's last four digits of their social security number
- The AT&T passcode of the person whose name is on the account if that person has an online account.
How to unlock the iPhone locked by T-Mobile
T-Mobile has set up several requirements that must be met for an unlock request to be processed.
- The device has to be paid off in full, and the account has to be in good shape.
- In the past year, less than two SIM unlock codes have been
- The device had been connected to the T-Mobile network for at least 40 days before someone asked for it to be unlocked.
- You have a service contract and have paid for at least 18 months in a row, or you paid a fee for moving. There are a few special situations that Customer Service can tell you more about if you need to.
- The phone must have at least $50 worth of recharges paid for on prepaid plans.
- If you meet the above requirements, you can call T-customer Mobile's service at 611 from the iPhone 11 or 12 you want to unlock and ask them to unlock it.
When you call, make sure you have ALL of the following:
- The phone number of the main account holder
- Account Password
- The last four digits of the account holder's SSN.
- The IMEI number. Find it by going to Settings > General > About or pressing *#06#.
4 Ways to Unlock iPhone SE SIM Lock
DoctorSIM has services that can be used to unlock a cell phone. This site lets you unlock phones from many brands, not just Apple. The services they provide make most of their customers very happy.
So, this site has been able to gain customers' trust by providing excellent unlocking services. Many happy customers have given this site a 4.7 rating on the Trust pilot. The price of these devices depends on the brand and model. However, they have some pros and cons.
Pros & Cons
- It can unlock almost all brands, including Apple, even some that aren't as well-known.
- A powerful and effective tool that can unlock 99% of all phones.
- It can take up to seven days to unlock a device.
- Some reviews say that the service from DoctorSIM doesn't work.
Contact your carrier to unlock it with the IMEI code.
When a customer deals an agreement with a large cell phone company for a certain amount of time, they usually get a discount on a device. Because of this, the device has a controller lock, so customers can only use it on their network. You can leave without paying anything if your contract with the company is over. Before you can unlock your iPhone, you have to do the following:
First, it has to be legal. It means the device has not been reported as lost, stolen, or linked to a crime.
Then your bank account shouldn't have any debts. If you signed a contract in exchange for a lower price upfront, you would have to wait until your contract was up (usually 24 months) or pay the remaining balance if you bought your phone on a payment plan. Each company has its way of unlocking.
Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS):
You have read the part about some ways to remove the SIM lock from iPhone SE. If they are too complicated, you have another chance. Dr.Fone-Screen Unlock provides a direct method to unlock your SIM card.
Step1: First of all, Download and install the Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS)
Step2: In the main interface of Dr.Fone, please go for "Screen Unlock."
Step3: Tap "Remove SIM Locked" in the following box to unlock your device's network.
Step4: Tap "Start" as the beginning when your iOS device is prepared to be SIM unlocked.
Step5: When the iPhone is connected, the software detects it and displays a list of details. Verify all shown parts are in place before clicking "Unlock Now."
Step6: Jailbreaking your iPhone is required before proceeding with the process. This approach is compatible with iPhones 5S and up running iOS versions 12.0 to 14.8.1. Therefore, in order to learn about technology, you must either read the manual or watch the video.
Step7: This step needs you to manipulate your SIM card and your network. Please be careful about the adjustment of all network settings.
Step8: You can put your phone down now. The rest part is automatic.
Step9: The device can now be used without any limitations imposed by the SIM carrier because it has been unlocked. To unlock the SIM card on your iOS device, tap the "Done" button.
The Bottom Line
So, these are the ways to find out if your iPhone SE is locked and the four ways to unlock it if it is. You can get your iPhone unlocked by calling your carrier. This is the official way to get rid of restrictions. If you don't want to use this method, you can unlock your iPhone using some online websites.
But Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS) is one of the most trustworthy and easy-to-use programs that lets you unlock your device by taking a few simple steps.
iPhone 4 to 6 Series
- iPhone 4 Series Tips
- 1. SIM Unlock iPhone 7(Plus)/6s(Plus)
- 2. iPhone 4/4S iCloud Bypass Guide
- 3. Unlock iPhone SE Sim Lock
- 4. Reset iPhone 4/4s to Factory Settings!
- 5. Print Notes from iPhone SE/6 (Plus)
- iPhone 5 Series Tips
- 1. Delete Apps on iPhone 5/5S/5C
- 2. Transfer from iPhone 5S to iPhone 8
- 3. Reset iPhone 5
- 4. Reset iPhone 5c
- 5. Factory Unlock iPhone 5 Sprint/AT&T
- 6. Unlock iPhone 5 without iTunes
- 7. Factory Reset iPhone 5/5S/5C
- 8. Reset iPhone 5s
- 9. Bypass iPhone 5/5S/5C Activate Lock
- 10. Turn Off Find My iPhone on iPhone
- 11. Jailbreak iPhone 5C
- iPhone 6 Series Tips
- 1. Unlock iPhone 6(Plus) and 6s(Plus)
- 2. Transfer from iPhone 6 to iPhone 8
- 3. Unlock iPhone 6 Without Passcode
- 4. Screen Mirroring iPhone 6
- 5. Screen Record on iPhone 6 Series
- 6. Recover Deleted Messages iPhone 6
- 7. Sell Old iPhone 6 Series
- 8. Factory Reset iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus
- 9. Siri Not Working On iPhone 11/X/8/7
- 10. Unlock iPhone 7/8 Without Passcode
- 11. Bypass iPhone 6/6S/7 Activate Lock
- 12. iPhone 6/7 Stuck On Apple Logo
- 13. iPhone 6/7/8 Won't Turn On
- 14. iPhone 6/7 Touch ID Not Working
- 15. iPhone 6/7/8 Black Screen
- 16. Back up Locked iPhone Data
- iPhone SE Tips