How to Backup Data on Locked iPhone XS/X/8/7/SE/6s/6
iPhone X Series
- iPhone X Backup
- iPhone X Problems
- 1. iPhone SE/X/XR Won't Turn On
- 2. iPhone X/XR Stuck on Black Screen
- 3. iPhone 11 Frozen Screen
- 4. iPhone XR/11/12 Won't Turn Off
- 5. iPhone X Screen Not Responding
- 6. iPhone X Siri Not Working
- 7. iPhone XS Screen Not Responding
- 8. IPhone XS Won't Turn On
- 9. iPhone SE/X Keep Restarting
- 10. iPhone SE/X Won't Charge
- iPhone X Transfer
- 1. Put Music to iPhone X/8 (Plus)
- 2. Music from iTunes to iPhone X
- 3. Music from Mac to iPhone XS
- 4. Data from Computer to iPhone
- 5. Transfer from iPhone 6 to iPhone 8
- 6. Message from Android to iPhone XS
- 7. Data from iPhone to iPhone XS
- 8. Messages from iPhone to iPhone XS
- 9. Sync Music from iTunes to iPhone XS
- iPhone X Unlock
- 1. Unlock iPhone X/XR from Carrier
- 2. Unlock iPhone X/XR Lock Screen
- 3. Unlock iPhone XS without Face ID
- 4. Unlock iPhone XS without Passcode
- 5. Bypass iPhone X Activate Lock
- iPhone X Tips
- 1. Factory Reset iPhone X/XR/XS (Max)
- 2. Save Text Messages on iPhone
- 3. Screen Record on iPhone X
- 4. Screen Record on iPhone XR
- 5. Screen Record on iphone XS
- 6. Sell Old iPhone X Series Online
- 7. iPhone XR Screen Mirroring
- 8. Screen Mirror iPhone X
- 9. iPhone Photo Printers
- 10. Enter & Exit DFU Mode on iPhone X
- 11. Add Ringtones to iPhone XS
Forgot my iPhone X screen lock password!
I forgot the password for my iPhone X. Now the lock button is broken, and iTunes doesn't recognize it. This iPhone X has been used for a long time. However, I have lots of data on it and most of them are quite important. Is there any way that I can backup data on locked iPhone XX? Please let me know if you have good advice. Thanks in advance!!
It's sad to hear that. The good news is that you have a chance to back up data on your locked iPhone. In this article, we will show you 3 ways to backup locked iPhone data selectively.
- Part 1: How to backup locked iPhone with iTunes
- Part 2: Extract locked iPhone data from iCloud backup
- Part 3: How to Backup Locked iPhone Data with Dr.Fone - Phone Backup (iOS)
- PBonus Tip: How to Unlock the iPhone?
If you have synced your iPhone with iTunes before and haven't restart your iPhone after you connected your iTunes in the last time, then iTunes will remember the password. So iTunes won’t ask you to unlock your iPhone when you connect to it. In this way, you can backup locked iPhone with iTunes.
Step 1: Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone to the computer.
Step 2: Click "Summary" on the left side of the window and then tap on "Back Up Now" to initiate the backup process.
Step 3: If the backup process is completed, you can find your iPhone backup location and check your backup files.
Step 4: Since you have backed up your iPhone data, you can put your iPhone into Recovery Mode with iTunes to unlock iPhone lock screen. You can press the Home button and the Power button at the same time, you will see the Apple logo appearing. Then you should release the Power button and keep pressing the Home button until you get an iTunes alert saying your iPhone is in Recovery Mode. You'll see the screen shown on your iPhone, that is to say, you erase your iPhone password.
Note: But many users haven't synced their iPhone with iTunes or they have restarted their iPhone after the last connection with iTunes, then it is impossible for iTunes to back up data on locked iPhone. Then what should we do? Let's check the next part.
If you have set iCloud backup before, then iCloud will automatically back up your iPhone data when connected to Wi-Fi. In this case, you can use Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS) to extract your locked iPhone data from iCloud backup to your computer. This software is a powerful data recovery tool, which allows you to preview and selectively recover your iPhone data from iCloud backup and iTunes backup.
Provides you with three ways to recover locked iPhone data from iPhone XS/XR/X/8/7/6s(Plus)/6 (Plus)/5S/5C/5
- Retrieve data directly from iPhone, iTunes backup and iCloud backup.
- Download and extract the iCloud backup and iTunes backup to retrieve data from it.
- Works for all iOS devices. Compatible with the latest iOS 16.
- Preview and selectively recover data in original quality.
- Read-only and risk-free.
Step 2: Launch the software and select "Data Recovery" on the dashboard. Select the "Recover from iCloud Synced File" option and sign in to iCloud.
Step 3: When you sign in to iCloud, the program will list your iCloud backups in the interface. You can choose anyone you want and click "Download" to get the iCloud backup.
Step 4: When the download process is completed, you can preview and tick the items to export them to your computer.
From the above introduction, we can know that we have to set iTunes sync or iCloud backup before to backup locked iPhone data. But what if I haven't done both of these before? In this part, we are going to show you a powerful tool, Dr.Fone - Phone Backup (iOS), to directly backup locked iPhone data. This program can assist you in accessing your iPhone, preview, backup, and exporting iPhone videos, call history, notes, messages, contacts, photos, iMessages, Facebook messages, and many other data without iTunes. The program currently works perfectly with iOS 16 and supports iPhone 13, iPhone 12, iPhone 6s (Plus), iPhone 6 (Plus), 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5,and iPhone 4s, iPhone 4. And you can check the box below to get more detailed information about Dr.Fone.Note: Please ensure you connect your iPhone to the computer you've trusted. Dr.Fone can detect the locked phone only when the iPhone has trusted this computer before.
Backup and Restore Locked iPhone Turns Flexible and easy!
- Selectively backup and restore locked iPhone data in 3 minutes!
- Export what you want from the backup to PC or Mac.
- No data loss on devices during the restore.
- Beautifully designed user interface.
- Fully compatible with Windows 10, Mac 10.15, and iOS 16.
Steps to backup and restore locked iPhone
Next, let's check how to back up data on locked iPhone without iTunes in detail. This guide is based on the Windows version of Dr.Fone. If you are a Mac user, please download the Mac version. The operation is similar.
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to the computer
To back up locked iPhone, launch the program after installing it, and connect your iPhone to the computer. When your device is detected by the program, you'll see the window shown as follows.
Step 2. Choose "Phone Backup"
After select, the "Phone Backup", click on Backup. Then you need to select the type of data to back up and start the backup process.
Step 3. Backup locked iPhone data
Now Dr.Fone is backing up the data of your iPhone, please don't disconnect your device.
Step 4. Export or restore locked iPhone
When the backup is completed, click on View Backup History to see all backup files on your computer. Select the backup file and click on View, you can check all contents of the backup file in categories. Check any of them for exporting or restoring just need to click on the button "Restore to device" or "Export to PC" at the right lower corner of the window.
Note: If you're still asked to enter the password by Dr.Fone, don't be angry. You need to know that Dr.Fone can't change anything on your iPhone, including disabling the password. So, it won't help to erase the password. If you've synced your device with iTunes recently and iTunes would remember the password. In this way, Dr.Fone can get into your device by using it. Of course, you don't need to run iTunes on your computer when you use Dr.Fone. Please let your phone trust the computer when connecting your phone to the computer.
Video on How to Backup and Restore Locked iPhone Data
You might also interest:
Bonus Tip: How to Unlock the iPhone?
Now, you should have backed up all data on your iPhone, but you still want to enter the iPhone, so you may wonder how to remove the lock screen to get into the iPhone. The good news is that there is a dedicated tool that supports removing screen passcodes, face id, touch id, and even the Apple or Activation lock. Check the following box to know more about the features of the tool and install it on your computer to unlock the iPhone.
Unlock iPhone/iPad Lock Screen Without Hassle.
- Simple, click-through, process.
- Unlock screen passwords from all iPhones and iPad.
- No tech knowledge is required, everybody can handle it.
- Supports iPhone 13/iPhone 12/iPhone 11 and the latest iOS version fully!