How To Erase an iPhone Without Apple ID Password? [4 Ways]
Have you ever wondered what happens when you erase the content of your iPhone storage? Erasing an iPhone means restoring it to its factory settings to install the latest iOS version. It also permanently removes all your data, including photos, videos, contacts, apps, and other information stored on the device.
This process is often necessary when you sell or give away your iPhone to ensure your personal information remains secure. But, you may encounter a situation where you should learn how to erase an iPhone without an Apple ID. While this may seem challenging, you can use a few methods to achieve this goal. This article will show you how to do it with or without an Apple ID password.
- Part 1: A Checklist on What To Do Before Erasing an iPhone
- Part 2: How To Erase iPhone Without Apple ID Password via Settings?
- Part 3: How To Erase iPhone Without Apple ID Password on Computer?
- Part 4: Erase an iPhone Without Apple ID via Activation Lock Support Request
- Part 5: How To Erase an iPhone Without an Apple ID Password in Minutes?
Part 1: A Checklist on What To Do Before Erasing an iPhone
If you're looking at how to erase an iPhone without an Apple ID or account password, you've come to the right place. Before you begin, preparing your device and ensuring you have all the necessary information is crucial. Here's a checklist of what to do before erasing your iPhone:
Backup Your iPhone
You can back up to iCloud or use Finder on macOS 10.15 or later. Remember that iCloud backups are stored on Apple's servers and always encrypts backups. On the other hand, computer backups are stored on your computer's hard drive and require a connection to the backup computer. Consider what your needs and preferences are when choosing between these two backup options.
Prepare Your iPhone Passcode
You'll need your iPhone passcode to erase an iPhone. If you've forgotten your passcode, reset it using recovery mode.
Ready Your Apple ID Password
You may be asked to provide your Apple ID password to disable the Find My iPhone function and remove the device from your account. Have it handy to avoid any delays. It's necessary for security verification during the erasure process.
Unpair Apple Watch
If you own an Apple Watch, unpair it from your iPhone. It ensures a smooth disconnection and prevents complications when erasing the device.
Cancel Your AppleCare Plan
If you have an active AppleCare plan for your iPhone, cancel it on your iPhone before erasing the device. You can cancel your AppleCare plan by phone by calling AppleCare customer support. It will prevent any unnecessary charges after the erasing process.
Sign Out of iCloud
If your iPhone has iOS 10.3 or later, open the Settings app, then tap on your name at the top. Next, scroll down, tap Sign Out, enter your Apple ID password, and tap Turn Off.
Remove Your iPhone From Your List of Trusted Devices
Remove your old device from your list of trusted devices in your Apple ID settings for added security. This measure strengthens the defense against unauthorized access to your data.
Part 2: How To Erase iPhone Without Apple ID Password via Settings?
Erasing an iPhone and restoring it to factory settings is a straightforward process you can do in a few steps. Whether you're preparing to sell or gift your device or troubleshooting persistent software issues, erasing your iPhone contents can enhance its performance. The process is easy if you have your Apple ID password readily available.
However, if you've forgotten your Apple ID password, don't fret. Follow the guide below to reset your Apple ID password and erase all content and settings on your iPhone:
- Step 1: Open the Settings application, then tap [name].
- Step 2: Go to Sign-In & Security > Change Password.
- Step 3: Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your Apple ID password.
- Step 4: Go to General > Reset from the Settings app, then tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- Step 5: Input your Apple ID password or your passcode when prompted.
- Step 6: Click Continue to confirm. Then, wait while the contents are being removed from your iPhone device.
Part 3: How To Erase iPhone Without Apple ID Password on Computer?
Activation lock is a security feature. It prevents anyone from activating an iPhone without your Apple ID password. If you try to factory reset your iPhone without turning off Find My iPhone, the activation lock will be in place. It means you need to enter your Apple ID password to activate the iPhone again. To turn it off, also ensure to turn off Find My on your device.
Go to Settings > [your name] > Find My or Find My iPhone to check.
If you want to erase an iPhone without Apple ID password on your computer, you can do so as long as you turn off the Find My. However, you'll need to put your iPhone into Recovery Mode first.
- Step 1: Turn off your iPhone, then put it into Recovery Mode.
- For iPhone 8 or later: Press and hold the Side button.
- For iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the Volume Down button.
- For iPhone 6s or earlier: Press and hold the Home button.
- Step 2: Connect your iPhone to the computer with the button held down.
- Step 3: Hold the buttons steadily until the Recovery Mode screen is visible.
- Step 4: Switch on your iPhone. Then, connect it to a Mac or Windows computer using a USB cable.
- Step 5: When prompted, follow the on-screen instructions to enter your device passcode or click Trust This Computer.
- Step 6: Depending on your computer, open Finder or iTunes. Then, do either of the following:
- For macOS 10.15 or later: Select your iPhone under the Locationssection, then click Restore iPhone.
- For macOS 10.14 or earlier or Windows: Click the iPhone in the top left window, click Summary, then click Restore iPhone.
- Step 7: Click Restore in the dialogue box. iTunes or Finder will download your iPhone's latest iOS software and restore the iPhone to its factory settings.
- Step 8: Once the restore is complete, the iPhone will restart.
Part 4: Erase an iPhone Without Apple ID via Activation Lock Support Request
You can request to unlock Activation Lock support from Apple if your device is not in Lost Mode or if you need to erase an iPhone without an Apple ID password. To do this, you need to provide proof of purchase of the iPhone. It can be in the form of a receipt, invoice, or credit card statement.
The proof should show the serial number of the iPhone, IMEI, or MEID. Once Apple unlocks the Activation Lock on your iPhone, your iPhone contents will be permanently erased. Also, note that if you restore your iPhone from a local backup, the Activation Lock will re-enable.
To start this request, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Head to Apple's Activation Lock support page. (al-support.apple.com)
- Step 2: Scroll down the page, select the agreement checkbox, click Continue, and it will redirect you to a new page.
- Step 3: Enter your email address and other required information, then click Continue.
Part 5: How To Erase an iPhone Without an Apple ID Password in Minutes?
The time it takes to process an unlock Activation Lock support request can take days. If your device is erased as soon as possible, use the Wondershare Dr.Fone Screen Unlock tool. This third-party mobile solution can erase an iPhone without an Apple ID password, even if the Find My feature is enabled. Also, it can:
- Remove several iOS lock screens, such as passcode, Touch ID, and more.
- Remove the iCloud Activation Lock
- Bypass Apple ID from iPhone without a password
- Remove MDM restrictions
Dr.Fone Screen Unlock is a simple, easy-to-use tool compatible with the latest iOS models. Follow these steps to remove the Apple ID from your iPhone and erase all its contents within minutes:
- Step 1: Download and install Dr.Fone on your desktop. Launch the app and connect your iPhone using a USB cable.
- Step 2: From the Toolbox homepage, select Screen Unlock, then choose iOS.
- Step 3: Select Remove AppleID to delete iPhone contents, including the Apple ID.
- Step 4: The next screen shows the connected device. Click Unlock Now.
- Step 5: Click Yes to confirm you have set up a screen lock.
- Step 6: Click Yes to verify you have enabled two-factor authentication on your iPhone.
- Step 7: Follow the in-app instructions to put your device in Recovery Mode.
- Step 8: Select an option from the System Version drop-down list, then click Start.
- Step 9: Wait while the iOS firmware downloads.
- Step 10: Once downloaded, click Unlock Now to proceed.
- Step 11: Enter the code in the dialogue box and click Unlock.
- Step 12: Keep your iPhone connected to your computer while the process progresses.
- Step 13: Click Done and check that your iPhone's data and Apple ID have been removed.
It can be challenging to erase an iPhone without an Apple ID password, but it's achievable by following the right steps. Remember to weigh the security implications and back up your data beforehand.
If you're seeking a straightforward method on "how to erase an iPhone without Apple ID," Dr.Fone Screen Unlock tool is a good solution. With its user-friendly interface and efficient operation, Dr.Fone simplifies the process, making it accessible to users of all technical levels. Don't let a forgotten Apple ID password hinder your device's functionality. Try Dr.Fone Screen Unlock and reclaim control of your iPhone.
- Activation Lock Unlock
- 1. Bypass Activation Lock on iPad
- 2. Bypass iPad iCloud Activation Lock
- 3. Unlock an iCloud Locked iPad
- 4. Bypass iPad iCloud Activation Lock
- 5. iPad Stuck On Activation Lock
- 6. Reactivate iPad after iOS Upgrade
- 7. Remove iPad Activation Lock
- Apple ID Remove
- iPad MDM Unlock
- 1. iPad MDM
- 2. Bypass iPad MDM on iOS 16
- 3. MDM Bypass Tools for iPad
- 4. MDM VS. MAM
- 5. Jailbreak Remove MDM
- 6. Apple MDM
- 7. MDM Bypass on iOS 15/14
- 8. Remove MDM without Data Loss
- 9. Best MDM Bypass Tools
- 10. 10 Best MDM Solutions for You
- 11. Remove MDM from iPad
- iPad Screen Unlock
- 1. Unlock iPad without iPad Password
- 2. Unlock Disabled iPad without iTunes
- 3. Unlock Disabled iPad
- 4. Unlock iPad without Passcode
- 5. Fix locked iPad
- 6. unlock Passcode without Restore
- 7. Unlock iPad Without Passcode
- 8. Unlock iPad and Recover Data on it
- 9. Reset iPad Password
- 10. Reset iPad without Password
- Screen Time Lock