Want to Know Your Best MDM Option? 10 Best MDM Solutions for You
Nowadays, you don't want anybody with access to a work device to see your sensitive corporate data, given that mobile devices are often stolen or misplaced. Thanks to a mobile device management remote control service, you can lock, delete, and locate smartphones used at work.
Applications and settings may wirelessly get into mobile devices via the management console. We've identified the top 10 MDM software options to assist you in making the best software decision.
If you are a tech enthusiast interested in compatible Mobile Device Management software, then learn more to find the best MDM solutions available.
- Part 1: What is Mobile Device Management and Remote Control?
- Part 2: What Are User Groups of MDM?
- Part 3: 10 Selective MDM Software
Part 1: What is Mobile Device Management and Remote Control?
Mobile Device Management, or MDM, is software that gives IT managers the ability to protect, regulate, and enforce rules on smartphones, tablets, and other devices used at work. MDM software often operates on-premises or in the cloud. You may remotely control and configure devices using the management console of MDM. The devices must first be registered with the MDM server, however.
MDM aims to safeguard the corporate network while enhancing the security and usefulness of mobile devices inside your organization. This may be accomplished manually using a token, QR code, email, SMS, NFC, or one of the vendor-specific enrolling tools that Samsung, Apple, and Microsoft provide.
Your business's fleet of mobile phones and tablets may be seen and managed remotely with the aid of mobile device management (MDM) software. Use the unattended remote-control function to diagnose issues with the equipment without human involvement.
Employees' smartphones use different mobile service providers and operating systems. As a result, the adoption of Mobile Device Management (MDM) software has increased.
Part 2: What Are User Groups of MDM?
MDM is a more well-known topic than ever in the modern world. Over time, MDM technologies have improved. Because of improvements in enabling technology, lower bandwidth costs, and enhanced security, cloud infrastructures have been greatly popular. These elements are part of why there is so much talk about MDM, especially in the cloud.
A user group is a collection of people who do comparable jobs and need common rights and data to do so. User groups are beneficial because they make controlling user rights on data and transactions easier.
Technically speaking, the MDM software uses application programming interfaces (APIs) that are directly integrated into the operating system to convey instructions to devices.
The choice to adopt the cloud model is a big one since it calls for meticulous preparation in strategy, design, implementation, and sustainment.
Building uniform device management may be challenging when various devices and operating systems are running. However, as the software gathers valuable data from controlled devices, MDM gives your firm more visibility over its devices.
Part 3: 10 Selective MDM Software
IT administrators are faced with deploying and monitoring many devices in this age of hybrid work. So we tested eight leading technologies to see how they might help you manage your staff more effectively and safely.
These solutions enable administrators to remotely deploy, monitor, manage, service, secure, and erase devices across a variety of platforms and form factors. Here are the top 10 choices available to you:
Software Link: Miradore
Compatibility: Android, iOS, Windows
Price: Free and Premium at $2.75 per user per month
The subject of mobile device management may be challenging, particularly for non-IT professionals. You may use Miradore to quickly install Miradore to manage mobile devices in the office, even if you don't have an entire IT staff. Utilize Miradore to manage laptops, tablets, and mobile devices running Windows, iOS, Android, macOS, and other operating systems.
Some of the main benefits of utilizing Miradore for mobile device management are as follows:
- It comes embedded with restrictions and control
- Miradore also includes application control
- Provides automation of manual tasks
- Has data protection
- Provides reports and dashboards to users
- Includes object safety
- You can manage device settings
Software Link: ManageEngine
Price: Free Tools
ManageEngine enables you to administer iOS, macOS, Android, Windows, and Chrome OS, in contrast to other MDM programs available on the market that only support one operating system. Additionally, a wide variety of devices, such as desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones, are supported by the program.
An easy-to-use dashboard by ManageEngine provides a thorough picture of the whole device ecosystem inside your company. With the ability to operate devices remotely, you can even troubleshoot equipment in real time.
- Remote deletion of device data
- Role-based authorizations
- Adaptable access
- Detected high-risk devices
- Alerts from non-compliant devices
- Business email security
- Management of documents
3. MobiControl SOTI
Software Link: MobiControl SOTI
Compatibility: iOS, Android, macOS, Windows
Price: Free Trial and Custom Packages
SOTI MobiControls offer remote viewing and remote-control capabilities. In addition, by enabling administrators to impose access restrictions on certain websites and apps, SOTI MobiControl also allows application control.
An administrator may monitor what's happening on the end user's screen in real time via remote watching. The admin may remotely manage the end-user device and address any difficulties thanks to the remote control. Offering a chat function where the admin and end-user may discuss problems also makes communication easier.
- IT asset administration is included in its package
- Embedded with device power control function
- You can share a desktop remotely with this MDM software
- It also enables you to the management of users
- Includes Encryption for end-users
Software Link: Kandji
Compatibility: Apple and Windows Devices
Price: Custom Pricing with a 1-day free trial
Kandji offers customers the attractive interface they are used to and appreciate while delivering robust device control. Kandji supports devices running macOS, iPad OS, and Apple TV OS.
For your IT administrator, Liftoff automates as much as possible, making remote deployment simple. With its Passport feature, Kandji provides consumers the ease of single sign-on capabilities while integrating smoothly with the rest of your tech stack.
- Kanji enables single sign-on by integrating with external systems.
- It also enables the development of Blueprints and software profiles for collections of devices
- It provides a transition between on-premises and Macs and portable electronics
- You can get automated software and operating system updates
- Contains templates that may be used to create automated maintenance routines
Software Link: Hexnode
Compatibility: Android, iOS
Price: $1.08 per device per month with a 14-day free trial
Hexnode is a complete Unified Endpoint Management system that uses intelligent technologies to streamline people's operations. From device onboarding through device retirement, the management platform simplifies the whole device lifecycle model to assist at every level.
Additionally, it offers a hands-free experience with zero-touch registration, Knox Mobile Enrollment, ABM, and endpoint management utilizing dynamic group allocation in the case of policies.
- Easy to set up, thanks to its intuitive nature.
- Hexnode manages any device and interacts with all the services required for system administration and authentication.
- Its portal and user interface are simple and clear.
- Hexnode makes managing kiosk devices quite simple.
- The control features are excellent, and adding more devices is simple.
- It makes settings and operations on Android and iOS simple.
6. Microsoft Endpoint
Software Link: Microsoft Endpoint
Compatibility: Cloud-based, Desktop, and Mobile Versions
Price: $10.60 per user per month
Citrix Endpoint Management is an MDM solution with a complete feature set, including mobile productivity applications, user experience improvement, and device security. The tool's robust mobile app and device control capabilities enable businesses to safeguard corporate data.
Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager can conduct and monitor management operations and set up client and managed devices. For example, administrators may modify the frequency of device communication with the website, schedule software updates, and decide whether or not users can enroll mobile devices in Configuration Manager using this solution.
Additionally, you may specify which client configuration options your company wishes to keep an eye on.
- Management tasks are automated
- If you want to bring in an old or broken device, you can use AutoPilot to connect devices to Active Directory automatically.
- Mobile device management services can also reset, repurpose, and recover devices.
- It also examines the effects of configuration modification on the user.
7. Jamf Pro
Software Link: Jamf Pro
Compatibility: Apple Devices
Price: $4 per device per month
A business mobility management product made exclusively for Apple devices is Jamf Pro. The program works with iOS and macOS gadgets. Jamf Pro is very adaptable and easily integrates with other products you need for IT services, network access, and asset management.
For companies and educational institutions that provide Apple devices to staff members or students, Jamf Pro is the perfect answer. The program encourages user productivity and creativity while assisting in automating gadget administration.
- Jamf Pro facilitates device management for your IT staff and is simple to set up.
- Enrollment of Devices at User Request
- Users may also use a Mac imaging function to produce monolithic or modular pictures.
- Management of purchases and licenses.
- As the firm expands and changes, it may be advantageous to be able to reassign the licenses.
- Enables consumers to self-enroll on any Apple device, including the iPhone, Mac, and others, via a website as needed.
8. Apple MaaS360
Software Link: Apple MaaS360
Compatibility: iOS Devices
With state-of-the-art security, analytics, and administration capabilities, IBM MaaS360 offers a reliable mobile device management solution. This all-inclusive corporate administration platform will take care of security, endpoints, application distribution, and identity management.
There's a good possibility that IBM's MaaS360 has an app for it if it's available as a corporate solution. Other fantastic features include app cataloging, single sign-on, policy enforcement, limiting and locking devices, extra security software, and data segmentation between personal and commercial.
- One of its finest characteristics is that Maas360 is comparatively more secure
- A straightforward administration interface that is task-based, working together on Secure content, allows for the maintenance of a single user identity across all company devices
- Cloud-based benchmarking for device installations is provided by comprehensive and adaptable reporting functionality with artificial intelligence querying.
Software Link: Scalefusion
Compatibility: macOS, Windows, Android, iOS
Price: $3 per device per month
Another of the most outstanding MDM programs available now is Scalefusion. 4,500+ companies of various sizes and in several sectors rely on it. Industry leaders use Scalefusion to manage mobile devices. This app supports Windows 10, macOS, Android, and iOS.
Scalefusion provides a wide range of services, including website blocklisting, role-based access, reporting, warnings, and location monitoring. In addition, the cost of Scalefusion is surprisingly low for such a powerful solution.
- Remote assistance Diagnostic Equipment
- Management of IT Access Limits and Permissions
- License Administration Copy Defense.
- Log of the Business Continuity Backup
- Audit Management for IT Assets
10. Windows Intune
Software Link: Windows Intune
Compatibility: Windows and Apple Devices
Price: Free Trial and $10.60 per user per month
A cloud-based enterprise mobility management (EMM) platform is called Microsoft Intune. Microsoft's Enterprise Mobility + Security subscription includes Intune MDM as a free bonus. Therefore, even though it's no longer a standalone product, you have many more.
Intune also comes with Microsoft's Malware Protection Engine and allows you to build your own protection rules, remotely control devices, monitor system reports and logs, install software and updates, manage Office applications, and examine system logs.
- Manage Office mobile applications
- According to Microsoft, strong regulations are in place thanks to certificates, Wi-Fi, virtual private networks, and emails.
- Specific programs with limited user behaviors prevent users from copying, pasting, saving, etc.
- Using the Intune Managed Browser app, users may browse safely.
- By establishing Mobile Application Control rules based on Azure AD, device management outside Intune enrollment is also possible.
The Bottom Line:
Data is one of a business's most valuable resources in the modern world. Organizations must take all necessary precautions to guarantee the security of their data. It becomes challenging to continually monitor all devices processing the data for your corporation due to the matrix of wireless connections.
As a result, mobile device management(MDM) software is an excellent tool for reducing the possibility that your data may be hacked.
- iPhone Managing Tips
- iPhone Contacts Tips
- iCloud Tips
- iPhone Message Tips
- Activate iPhone without SIM card
- Activate New iPhone AT&T
- Activate New iPhone Verizon
- How to Use iPhone Tips
- Other iPhone Tips
- Best iPhone Photo Printers
- Call Forwarding Apps for iPhone
- Security Apps for iPhone
- Things You Can Do with Your iPhone on the Plane
- Internet Explorer Alternatives for iPhone
- Find iPhone Wi-Fi Password
- Get Free Unlimited Data on Your Verizon iPhone
- Free iPhone Data Recovery Software
- Find Blocked Numbers on iPhone
- Sync Thunderbird with iPhone
- Update iPhone with/without iTunes
- Turn off find my iPhone when phone is broken