How to Unlock iCloud Activation Lock and iCloud Account?
Phone security has become vital these days as it contains almost all the details of an individual; personal and official. Apple is known for having the best security system and the iCloud Activation Lock feature takes care of your Apple devices. You have secured your phone but now don’t remember the password and are stuck with the iCloud activation unlock screen, how are you going to proceed?
What if you have purchased an iPhone and you wish to start using it right away; you wish you could but you cannot since the device is looking for iCloud activation unlock. Ready for more about how to unlock the iCloud activation lock.
- Part 1: Basic knowledge about iCloud activation lock
- Part 2: How to unlock iCloud with a useful tool – Dr.Fone
Part 1: Basic knowledge about iCloud activation lock
What is the iCloud activation lock?
An activation lock has been developed to stop others from using your iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Apple Watch if it is stolen or lost. Your iPhone should be iPhone 4S, 5, 5C, 5S, SE, 6, 6S, or 6S + to have the services of the iCloud activation lock. For phones that are on iOS 7 and above versions, the activation lock is auto-enabled once the iPhone is switched on.
What does iCloud activation lock used for?
An iCloud lock is basically for the security of an individual’s phone so that it is not misused and your details are safe. Once the 'Find My iPhone’ feature is enabled on any of your Apple devices, Apple’s activation server saves your Apple Id. Henceforth whenever your phone is turned off or performs any type of actions such as erasing device or reactivating device then your device will ask for unlocking iCloud activation.
How do I know my phone was iCloud activation locked?
If you are purchasing an iPhone or any other Apple device from someone then you need to make sure that the Apple device is not linked to the prior owner's account any longer. To make sure you are on the safe side you could check it for yourself. There are two ways to check:
1. You can visit https://icloud.com/activationlock from any Computer or MAC to check the present Activation Lock status of the device.
2. Follow the steps below to be sure that you can use your iPhone device hassle-free:
1) Switch on the device and slide to unlock it.
If the screen displays a passcode lock screen or you can see the Home Screen then the device that you have purchased has not been erased. The seller will go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Ensure the seller clears the phone before he hands it over to you for use.
2) Set up your device.
Once you have selected language, country and have been connected to a network the device will start activation. If the device prompts you for the previous owner’s
Apple ID and password, the device is still linked to an earlier used account. You should go back to the seller and ask them to give their password. If the previous owner of the Apple device cannot be located or is not present then the seller can try to remove the device by going to https://www.icloud.com/find.
Once this is done and your device prompts you for 'Set up our iPhone/iPad/iPod’ as you turn it on then you know your device is ready for use.
However, some sellers might try jail-breaking which might hamper the warranty of your device which is why you must unlock iCloud activation from a reputed company.
Part 2: How to unlock iCloud with a useful tool – Dr.Fone
The most reliable way to unlock iCloud is to make use of a tool like Dr.Fone – Screen Unlock (iOS). The tool makes sure to provide guaranteed results and satisfy the users. Let us know how you can use this without further ado.
Fix "iPhone Is Disabled Connect to iTunes" Error In 5 Minutes
- Welcoming solution to fix "iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes"
- Effectively remove the iPhone lock screen without the passcode.
- Works for all models of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Fully compatible with the latest iOS.
Step 1: Get the Software
Download Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS) on your computer in the first place. Install and launch the tool now. Now, select the “Screen Unlock” module from the main interface.
Step 2: Choose the Correct Option
Once you select the Unlock tab, you will get into the new screen. Here, you need to click on the “Unlock Apple ID” option to unlock iCloud.
Step 3: Connect your Device
Take the help of the lightning cable and connect your device to the computer. Now, enter the screen password and unlock your device to trust the computer. This will further the scanning process smoothly.
Step 4: Reset all the settings in your Device
Before we proceed to unlock the iCloud account, take your iPhone and follow the onscreen instructions to reset the settings. Once done, reboot your device. This will begin the unlocking process naturally.
Step 5: Begin to bypass iCloud password
When your device gets rebooted, the process of unlocking will start. Wait for a few seconds and let the process finish.
Step 6: Check the Apple ID
When the program will unlock iCloud, a pop-up window will appear. Here, you can check if your Apple ID is unlocked.
Much easier to use
Can take from 2 to 5 days
Less than a minute
No, once downloaded
Demands IMEI number, email ID or security answers
Doesn’t take any IMEI or security answers
- iCloud Unlock
- 1. iCloud Bypass Tools
- 2. Bypass iCloud Lock for iPhone
- 3. Recover iCloud Password
- 4. Bypass iCloud Activation
- 5. Forgot iCloud Password
- 6. Unlock iCloud Account
- 7. Unlock iCloud lock
- 8. Unlock iCloud Activation
- 9. Remove iCloud Activation Lock
- 10. Fix iCloud Lock
- 11. iCloud IMEI Unlock
- 12. Get Rid of iCloud Lock
- 13. Unlock iCloud Locked iPhone
- 14. Jailbreak iCloud Locked iPhone
- 15. iCloud Unlocker Download
- 16. Delete iCloud Account without Password
- iCloud Tips
- 1. Ways to Backup iPhone
- 2. iCloud Backup Messages
- 3. iCloud WhatsApp Backup
- 4. Access iCloud Backup Content
- 5. Access iCloud Photos
- 6. Restore iCloud from Backup Without Reset
- 7. Restore WhatsApp from iCloud
- 8. Free iCloud Backup Extractor
- Unlock Apple Account
- 1. Unlink iPhones
- 2. Unlock Apple ID without Security Questions
- 3. Fix Disabled Apple Account
- 4. Remove Apple ID from iPhone without Password
- 5. Fix Apple Account Locked
- 6. Erase iPad without Apple ID
- 7. How to Disconnect iPhone from iCloud
- 8. Fix Disabled iTunes Account
- 9. Remove Find My iPhone Activation Lock
- 10. Unlock Apple ID Disabled Activation Lock
- 11. How to Delete Apple ID
- 12. Unlock Apple Watch iCloud
- 13. Remove Device from iCloud
- 14. Turn Off Two Factor Authentication Apple