How to Screen Share on iPhone – A Detailed Guide
iPhone has become an excellent resource for performing multiple procedures through a smartphone. With numerous methods getting popular, screen sharing has become an everyday utility for many users. While you screen share an iPhone to another device, it gives you more control over the screen size, allowing you to share the content with more people at the same time.
In this context, there are specific methods that users can try out that will work with their iOS system. Go ahead and read this post if you want to know all the steps involved in how to enable screen sharing on iPhone.
Method 1: Share Your iPhone to a TV or Mac Using AirPlay
The first method that you can use to share your iPhone screen with another device is AirPlay. This direct method allows iOS users to share their device's screen in a matter of seconds. Although the procedure is swift, you can also control the audio of the content being played on an iPhone.
What Are the Requirements?
- For iPhones/iPad users, iOS 14 and later versions are suitable, while Mac users can activate this function on macOS Monterey or newer.
- To allow some of the Siri features to operate while operating AirPlay to screen share iPhone devices, you should get HomeKit first.
- Not all video apps or Samsung Smart TVs will work with AirPlay.
If we talk about screen sharing Apple iPhone to TV or Mac through AirPlay, they have a different set of operations. Let's find out more about how to process screen sharing on these devices:
Screen Sharing iPhone on TV
Step 1: To screen share your iPhone to a TV, you must connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network. Open the video that needs to be shared on the TV.
Step 2: Look for the "Share" button on the video and tap the "AirPlay" option to continue connecting your iPhone to the Apple TV. You must select your TV after tapping on the "AirPlay" option.
Screen Sharing iPhone on Mac
Step 1: To share your screen on Mac, you must connect your iPhone and Mac to the same Wi-Fi network and proceed to open the "Control Center" of your iPhone by sliding down from the top-right corner of the screen.
Step 2: Select "Screen Mirroring" from the options and hold to lead to the next screen. Look for the "Mac" option in the list to establish a connection between both devices.
Method 2: Share Your iPhone to a Mac via QuickTime Player
QuickTime Player is a built-in video processing tool in Mac providing unique and compelling video management services for free. This tool features some great functions, which include recording the screen and watching videos of high quality. It can also be a great utility to share the iPhone's screen with a Mac. The operation process here is relatively easy for users with macOS X Snow Leopard or macOS Mojave.
What Are the Requirements?
- Users must use iPhones or iPad devices with iOS 8 and Yosemite Mac OS X or above.
Let's find out how to screen share on iPhone with the help of QuickTime Player:
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to the Mac with a lightning cable. Next, launch QuickTime and continue to the "File" tab on the top.
Step 2: Select "New Movie Recording" to open a new window. Look for the "arrow" adjacent to the "Red" recording button. Select iPhone from the list of devices to screen the device to the Mac.
Method 3: Share Your iPhone Screen Over FaceTime (SharePlay)
FaceTime can be another great technique to consider screen sharing Apple iPhone with other people. If you wish to show something important to some people, you can dial them through FaceTime and share the important thing in no time. FaceTime has recently adopted the SharePlay technology to give a wholesome experience in screen sharing.
Users with iOS 15.4, iPadOS 15.4, or later can initiate a FaceTime call with the Music or Apple TV app for sharing music or video content, respectively. Where the applications can change, the process remains the same. FaceTime is quite diverse in functionality, which involves sharing the iPhone's screen.
What Are the Requirements?
- iPhones and iPads running on iOS/iPadOS 15.4 and above allows users to start the FaceTime call through the Apple TV app (+ other supported streaming apps) and Music app (+ other music app alternatives). Then, they can use SharePlay for video/music sharing via the call with other participants.
- To screen share iPhone to iPhone via FaceTime, the person sharing the content and the recipient should both have iOS 15.1+ (iPhones), macOS 12.1+ (Mac), or iPadOS 15.1+ (iPads).
- Users need Apple ID to access FaceTime.
With all these provisions in mind, you must follow the steps explained below to share your iPhone screen over FaceTime with ease:
Step 1: You must start a FaceTime call and connect with your respective personnel. As you connect successfully, select the "Share Content" button on the top of the screen to start screen sharing.
Step 2: To establish a connection, select the "Share My Screen" button, which will initiate a countdown for sharing the screen.
Step 3: To end the screen sharing, you will have to tap on the "Share Content" button again to disconnect screen sharing.
Method 4: Share Your iPhone Screen to a Mac or Windows PC Using a Third-Party App
If you are not satisfied with the provided methods above and intend to extend your screen sharing to Windows PC along with the Mac, you will need a third-party application to execute the process. There are multiple third-party applications existing for this purpose; however, we will help you select the best one in the options.
1. Dr.Fone Air (iOS 12.0 or Later)
Wondershare Dr.Fone Air comes up with the best solution to screen share iPhone on Mac or Windows PC with ease. The tool comprises any easy-going solution with no particular technicalities in operating it. While it is a free online solution, it provides one of the highest-quality experiences of screen sharing.
To learn more about Dr.Fone Air, we have highlighted its prominent features for you to understand more about the online platform:
- It does not require Bluetooth, NFC, and other relevant services to mirror the screen.
- There are no ads associated with this online solution.
- You can easily adjust the shared screen by rotating, zooming, and taking screenshots.
As you wish to figure out how to use Dr.Fone Air to perfection for sharing your iPhone's screen on the computer, look ahead into the steps:
Step 1: Open Dr.Fone Air and Connect Devices
Launch Wondershare Dr.Fone Air on your computer's browser and continue connecting both devices under the same Wi-Fi connection.
Step 2: Scan Code for Connection
You must download and install Dr.Fone Link on your iPhone and launch it. Then, use the QR code or screencast code displayed on the browser's window to connect devices.
Step 3: Successfully Mirror iPhone to Computer
With the captured or added screencast code, the iPhone is now mirrored to the computer.
2. Reflector (iOS 11.0 or Earlier)
If you have an iOS device with iOS 11.0 or earlier, you might have to look for other options. Reflector can be a good third-party application for sharing the screen on Mac and Windows. Since it utilizes AirPlay technology to connect devices for sharing screens, it creates an AirPlay receiver on the Windows PC.
The Reflector serves as a great tool to mirror the iPhone to other screens. If you wish to know how to execute the process using Reflector, look through the steps below:
Step 1: You have to connect the iPhone and the computer to the same Wi-Fi connection and launch Reflector on your computer.
Step 2: Continue to open the Control Center by swiping from the top and selecting the option of "Screen Mirroring." You will have to hold the button to access the next screen. Select the computer from the list and establish a connection between the devices.
Multiple high-quality tools and programs are available for iPhone users to share their phone screen on Mac devices or vice versa. You can use these preset options or try out a more feature-rich, cross-platform screen mirroring software like Dr.Fone Air.
Consider the uses and benefits of all options and then decide on your preferred approach for sharing on-screen content via iPhones.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Control iPhone from PC
- Control iPhone Tips
- Mirror iPhone to PC
- 1. Cast iPhone to Mac
- 2. Apps to Mirror iPhone to Mac
- 3. Cast iPhone to Windows PC
- 4. Mirror iPhone/iPad to Windows PC
- 5. Display iPhone Screen on PC
- 6. Screen Share on iPhone
- 7. Mirror iPhone to Laptop
- 8. Mirror iPhone to PC via USB
- 9. Mirror iPhone to Windows 10
- 10. Stream iPhone to Computer
- 11. Stream iPhone Video to Computer
- Mirror iPhone to Others
- 1. Screen Mirroring iPhone to iPad
- 2. Mirror iPhone to iPhone
- 3. Mirror iPhone/iPad to Fire TV Stick
- 4. Mirror iPhone to Roku
- 5. Cast iPhone to Chromecast
- Screen Record iPhone
- 1. iPhone Screen Recorders
- 2. Record Youtube Videos on iPhone
- 3. Capture iPhone Screen on PC/Mac
- 4. Screenshot Snapchat without Knowing
- 5. Turn on Screen Record on iPhone
- 6. Capture iPhone Screen Video
- 7. Record iPhone Screen without Jailbreak
- Screen Mirroring Tips