How to Mirror iPhone to Roku?
Mirroring an iPhone to a laptop or computer is a great way to experience gaming or films on a larger screen. The ability to view your iPhone’s screen on a much larger monitor is increasingly popular. While you are sure to enjoy watching films or playing games on a bigger screen, you might have a hard time finding a way to mirror your iPhone.
Apple has many restrictions on its products, and as a result it can be hard to find a mirroring option that works for you. If you are like the millions of other Apple users around the world who want to explore iPhone mirroring options that do not require Apple TV, you are not alone.
This is where Roku comes in. Roku consists of a series of helpful products that can come in handy for many reasons and on numerous occasions. Countless users around the planet have found Roku extremely useful when it comes to mirroring their iPhone onto a computer or TV set.
Roku is a safe and secure method for mirroring your iPhone. If you face any setbacks or problems, these can be fixed without affecting your device.
Roku’s large range of features gives new strength to Apple users. You can now enjoy a whole new range of features, including mirroring your phone to a TV screen. With Roku, you can experience the very same features offered by Apple TV. Roku is simple to use, and makes mirroring iPhone easier than ever.
Read ahead to learn all about mirroring your iPhone using Roku. Once you have mastered this skill, you can even do the same with an iPad. Let’s get started!
Part 1: How to mirror an iPhone to Roku with Roku app?
1. Ensure that your Roku app is up to date with the latest version. To do this, click on the ‘settings’ tab and then the ‘system’ tab. Select ‘system update’ to check to see if there is a new version available. If there is, install and restart.
2. Once you have completed any necessary updates, select ‘settings’, followed again by the ‘system’ tab. At this point, click on the “Enable Screen Mirroring” option.
3. At this point, you simply need to connect Roku to the same wireless Wi-Fi network that your phone is connected to.
That’s it! It is as easy as this. By following these simple steps you have enabled Roku’s mirroring function and you are ready for the next step.
You may also like:
- Ultimate Guide to Backing Up iPhone With/Without iTunes
- [Solved] Contacts Disappeared from My iPhone iPad
- Top 10 Best AirPlay Speakers of 2017
Part 2: How to Mirror iPhone to Roku with Video & TV Cast for Roku?
Now that you have set up Roku’s mirroring functions, you are ready to put it into action. One of the main reasons that Roku is so popular is its wide range of compatibility with different Apple devices – you can use this app with any version of an iPhone or iPad.
1. Ensure that you have correctly installed the Roku app on your iPhone or iPad. You can get it from here.
2. Once the installation process is complete, launch the app on your device.
3. If you do not have a Roku account, create a free account at this stage. If you already have an account, now is the time to sign in. At this stage, connect to your TV via the app.
4. From the toolbar at the bottom, select the “Play On Roku” option.
5. Now, choose the content that you wish to display on a bigger screen. You can choose from music, videos, and images. You must select the correct format in order to view your content. For example, if you choose video, then you can only play a video from your phone.
6. At this point, the content will be mirrored on your TV screen, and you can enjoy a viewing experience on a larger screen. Simple!
Part 3: How to solve issues when mirroring your iPhone to Roku?
Now that you have Roku installed on your device and you have selected some content to watch on a larger screen, it is time to kick back and enjoy. That said, what happens if you think that you have done everything correctly and it still doesn’t work? We have some solutions below.
The first point? Be patient! Once you hit play on the video, it might take a few seconds or longer for the content to start playing. Roku is a newly developed technology and it is getting quicker all the time.
That said, if it takes more than a minute or so and Roku is still not working, here are some solutions that you can try.
1. You may encounter a time lag between the audio and visuals while you watch a video mirrored on the TV.
It can be really annoying to try to watch a video when the sound is not properly synced up. If there is a lag between the audio and video on your TV, it may be the result of Roku’s rapidly developing technology. As this is still a new app, sometimes a lag occurs. The best way to try to fix this issue is to restart the video. Once you restart, usually the sound issue will adjust itself.
2. While Roku mirrors an iPad, the video suddenly stops
Some people who have used Roku to mirror their iPad onto their TVs have reported that the video can sometimes just stop. The most common solution is to ensure that your iPad (or iPhone) is turned on, and that the screen’s display has not gone to sleep. If your display is turned off, the mirroring function stops automatically. To avoid this problem, just set the display time on your device’s display long enough to satisfy your needs.
3. The mirroring does not start while using a Roku iPad mirror.
Again, it is a very common issue. As we have mentioned earlier, Roku is a new form of technology, and it does not always work perfectly. Turn the device off, wait for a few minutes and try again.
Roku is fast becoming an essential app, and mirroring is just one of the many features that it offers. Even though it cannot match the premium quality Apple TV quite yet, it is still one of the best choices available in the market for Apple users who want to mirror their iPhone or iPad onto their TV. Go for it!
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- 1. iPhone Mirroring
- iPad Screen Mirroring
- iPhone Screen Mirroring
- Mirror iPhone to Roku
- Share iPad Screen with PC
- Mirror iPad to TV
- Mirror iPhone to PC
- iPhone Mirror Apps
- 2. AirPlay