Recycle Bin Windows 10: 6 Facts You May Not Know
Recycle bin in Windows 10 not only has an entire new look when it’s empty but has looks really decent even when it’s packed with trash content. Despite the basic feature of Recycle bin, that lets you access and restore that you deleted intentionally or accidentally. With all new Windows 10, the need to use a third party tool in order to replace the stock icon of Recycle bin is eliminated.
And since, the Recycle bin in Windows 10 is visible always as it sticks right on the desktop, you may wish to replace the stock icon with a cool one. And for this purpose, we are sharing some tactics that you might have not familiarized with before. Moreover, just in case your Recycle bin goes missing on windows 10 during the process, fret not, we have also discussed a couple of ways to find recycle bin on windows 10 and re-enable them.
Part 1. Recycle Bin missing on Windows 10: What to do?
So the Recycle bin on windows 10 has gone missing and you’ve made all the efforts to locate it and you still can’t find recycle bin on Windows 10, right? Fret no more, here we have brought you the 2 easiest solutions on how to how to find recycle bin on windows 10 by re-enabling or creating a new one.
1.1 Re-enable the Recycle Bin
Here we present you the detailed guide on how to find recycle bin in windows 10 re-enabling it from the settings to appear over the desktop. Let’s explore:
- Right click on desktop and opt for the “Personalize” option.
- Now, head to “Themes” from left panel and then choose the “Desktop icon settings” option.
- Lastly, ensure to check in the box besides the “Recycle Bin” option on the appearing window followed by hitting “Apply” button to save the changes.
1.2 Creating a new Recycle Bin
A yet another way is to recreate recycle bin missing on windows 10. Here’s the detailed tutorial on how to get it done:
- Launch the “File Explorer” using the key combinations of “Windows + E” from your Keyboard.
- Now, you need to punch in “recycle bin” in the address bar followed by hitting the Enter key over your keyboard.
- As soon as you do it, the file explore windows will redirect you to the Recycle Bin folder.
- Lastly, you need to tap and hold on the Recycle bin text in the address bar and drag & drop it over the desktop to create a new Recycle Bin icon there.
Part 2. How to empty Recycle Bin of Windows 10
Here in this section we’ll e discovering various ways via which you can effectively empty recycle bin on windows 10. Here are they!
How to empty recycle bin windows 10: via Windows PowerShell
Step 1: First, launch the Run box over your screen using the key combination “Windows + R” and then punch in PowerShell in the text field followed by Enter key.
Step 2: Once the Windows Powershell dialog box appears on your screen, you need to execute the following command as per your need, followed by Enter key after each command.
- To empty trash in Recycle Bin of all drives:
Clear-RecycleBin -force -ErrorAction:Ignore
- To empty trash in Recycle Bin of any specific drive:
How to empty recycle bin windows 10: via File Explorer Options
Step 1: Launch the Recycle Bin folder over your screen and then opt for the Manage tab from the File Explorer Options at the top.
Step 2: Now, you need to hit on the “Empty Recycle Bin” option and then confirm your actions.
How to empty recycle bin windows 10: via Desktop
Step 1: Find and locate the Recycle bin icon on windows 10 desktop. Then, right click on it and opt for the Empty Recycle Bin option from the appearing drop down menu.
Step 2: Confirm your actions and you’re done.
Part 3. How to recover files from emptied Recycle Bin of Windows 10
We do regularly delete unwanted data on our computers. And at times, we screw up too by accidentally deleting important data. But, what’s going to be your next move when you realize that you’ve cleared it up from the Recycle bin too? There comes the best and the most recommended data recovery tool – Recoverit. With this professional data recovery tool you no longer need to worry about your lost data as this tool has the highest success rate in the market and is highly efficient in recovering almost all kinds of data types. Moreover, it covers almost all data loss scenarios, whether your data was lost due to accidental deletion or due to some virus or malware or whether you’ve formatted the drive. You can always rely on this tool to get your deleted files back. On top of all, this tool supports smooth functioning on both Windows and Mac based computers.
How to recover files from emptied Recycle Bin using Recoverit
Step 1: Launch Recoverit
Head to official website of Recoverit, download and install the software over your computer. Once done with the successful installation, launch the program.
Step 2: Choose the Location
Now, you need to opt for the desired location from where you lost your data, in this case “Recycle Bin”. Once done, hit on the “Start” button to initiate scanning right after that.
Step 3: Wait until scan completes
The program will now start scanning of the recoverable files over your computer. Wait until the scan gets completed.
Step 4: Preview and recover
Once done, the results will be presented to you on the next screen. You can then preview your files and opt for the ones that you require. Hit on “Recover” afterwards.
Part 4. How to hide Recycle Bin on Windows 10
There are multiple ways that you can look up to when you wish to hide Recycle bin on windows 10. Here we have listed a couple of them for your convenience.
Hide from desktop via Settings
The primary way to hide Recycle bin on windows 10 is to get it disabled from the settings itself. Here’s what you need to do in order to serve the purpose.
- Right-click at any blank space over your desktop and opt for “Personalize”.
- From the appearing window, get into the “Themes” section and scroll down to “Desktop icon settings” available under the “Related Settings” section.
- Now, the “Desktop Icon Settings” window will appear on your screen. Now, you need to uncheck the box besides “Recycle Bin” under the “Desktop Icons” section. Hit on “Apply” afterwards.
Pin to Start Menu
Alternatively, you can also hide Recycle bin on windows 10 by simply put it over the Start Menu and then deleting the icon from the desktop.
- Locate the “Recycle Bin” icon over your desktop and right-click on it. Now, opt for the “Pin to Start” option from the drop down menu and that’s it.
- You can now access the Recycle Bin from the Start menu for future purposes, if the need be. Lastly, delete the icon from the desktop and you’re done.
Part 5. How to change Recycle Bin icon Windows 10
Last but certainly not the least, here we’re going to discover how to change the default icon of Recycle bin on windows 10. We understand the default icons are not appealing to some people and therefore, for those we’ve brought this tutorial to help you customize the Recycle bin icon on windows 10. Here’s what you need to do.
1. First things first, right-click over your desktop (at any blank space) and opt for “Personalize”.
2. Now, when the Settings window appears on your screen, get into the “Themes” section. Then, scroll down to “Desktop icon settings”. You can find it under “Related Settings” section.
3. Ensure that the “Recycle bin” is enabled already or you may not be able to see the changes.
4. Then, opt for the “Recycle Bin (full)” icon followed by hitting the “Change Icon” button below.
5. Now, from the appearing dialog box, you need to either choose the desired icon from the “Change icons” box or you can hit the “Browse” button to locate the desired icon file you wish to set as Recycle Bin icon. Hit “Open” and you’re done.
Note: The only thing that can bother you is that your preferred icon file must be in .ico format. Or else, you won’t be able to apply a custom image of your own.
6. Since, we’ve successfully changed the Recycle Bin (full) icon, let’s now proceed to changing the default Recycle Bin (empty) icon. For this, simply repeat the instructions mentioned in Step 5.