New Guide: How To Check Phone Temperature With Easy Ways
With the increased dependence on mobile devices, it is vital to keep them in functioning order. Overheating is one of the most prevalent issues that consumers encounter.
When your phone overheats, the battery and other components are damaged, resulting in decreased performance and a shorter lifetime. Hence, you should take your phone's temperature constantly.
This article will give you complete instructions on checking your phone's temperature in simple and practical methods. It will also discuss the most prevalent reasons for phone overheating and how to avoid it. Let's dive right into it!
Part 1: What Makes Your Phone Temperature Go Up and What You Should Do?
Your phone is a powerful device that can do various things, such as make calls, stream movies, play games, and use navigation applications. However, your phone can sometimes get excessively hot or too cold, affecting its functionality and battery life. This section will explain why your phone's temperature rises and what you can do to cool it down.
Reasons for Phone Temperature Goes Up:
Read below the three most common reasons phone temperatures go up:
- Exposure to sunlight– Exposure to direct sunlight or high ambient temperatures is one of the most prevalent reasons for phone overheating. When your phone is heated, its internal components work harder to maintain its temperature and avoid harm.
- Processor overload– Processor overload is another reason for phone overheating. This occurs when you use your phone for intense activities that need a lot of CPU power, such as gaming, video chatting, or utilizing augmented reality applications.
- Malware– Malware is a less prevalent but probable cause of phone overheating. Malware is harmful software that can infiltrate your phone and operate in the background unnoticed. Malware can use a significant amount of your phone's resources and cause it to overheat.
Measures of Dealing With Overheating Phones
You can take the following measures to deal with overheating phone problems:
- Avoid sunlight– If your phone overheats, move it away from direct sunlight or high temperatures. On a hot day, you should also avoid leaving your phone in a car since this might cause it to overheat even more. Instead, put your phone somewhere cooler and shadier beneath a fan or in an air-conditioned room.
- Airplane mode– Turning on airplane mode is another way to cool down your phone. Airplane mode turns off all wireless functions on your phone, including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, cellular data, and GPS. This measure can lower the heat your phone produces while saving battery life.
- Close Background app– Because too many applications operate in the background, your phone can sometimes overheat. These applications can suck up much of your phone's memory and CPU power, causing it to overheat.
- Remove phone case– Taking off your phone's cover is another easy method to cool it down. Some cases can trap heat within your phone, making evaporating more difficult. You can enable more excellent air circulation around your phone and help it cool down quicker by removing the case.
- Do not use it while charging– When your phone overheats, one of the worst things you can do is to use it. Charging your phone produces heat, but using it simultaneously will raise the temperature even further.
Part 2: How To Check Your Phone Temperature
When your phone becomes too hot or cold, it can reduce battery life, slow programs, and even harm the hardware. As a result, knowing how to monitor your phone's temperature and maintain it within an acceptable range is beneficial.
For Android Devices:
The following methods work best for Android devices if you wonder how to check your phone temperature:
With Code Temperature Checker
Using a code on your phone's contact pad is one of the simplest methods to verify the temperature on Android phones. This technique is compatible with Android devices with integrated temperature sensors, including the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, AGM X2, Galaxy S4, Motorola Moto X, and Motorola Moto X 2nd Generation.
Follow these steps to employ this method:
- Step 1: Launch the Contact application on your Android device.
- Step 2: Inputting *#*#4636#*#* will automatically open the information pop-up window.
- Step 3: Select the option related to battery details.
Note: The battery temperature will be displayed next to the icon that resembles a thermometer.
Android Device Settings
Using the device settings is a second method to determine the temperature of your Android phone. You can not use this method on all Android devices, but you can try it and see if it works.
Follow these procedures to employ this method:
- Step 1: Launch the Settings application on your Android device.
- Step 2: Battery or Device Care.
- Step 3: Tap Battery or the three-dot icon in the upper-right corner, then tap Battery usage.
Note: The battery temperature will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.
Third-Party Temperature-Checking Apps
If none of the ways above work for you, you can use a third-party app to monitor the temperature of your Android phone. Many applications, such as Cooling Master, AIDA64, and CPU-Z, are available on the Google Play Store to monitor your phone's temperature and other battery factors. To use these applications, go to the Play Store and download and install them to check the device temperature.
Accessories for Monitoring Phone Temperature
Another way to check your Android phone's temperature is to use an attachment that monitors your phone's temperature and other environmental parameters like humidity and pressure. These devices often link to your phone through Bluetooth or USB and show data on an app or a screen.
Tempi and SensorPush are two examples of these attachments. To utilize these accessories, you must buy them online or in person and pair them with your phone.
For iPhone users and their mobile temperature check, there is one solution they can turn their heads into:
Third-Party Temperature-Checking Apps
There is no built-in mechanism to monitor your iPhone's temperature. You can, however, utilize third-party software to do this. To use a third-party app to monitor the temperature of your iPhone, download and install the app from the App Store.
After installing the app, use it and follow the on-screen instructions to check the temperature of your iPhone. The following are some popular third-party applications for monitoring iPhone temperature:
Bonus Tip: Want to Know If Your Device is in Good Health? Try Wondershare Dr.Fone
Wondershare Dr.Fone is a well-known program that provides various solutions to help users manage their devices. The Phone Verification tool enables customers to examine the health of their devices, and it's one of the tool's primary features.
The Device Details and Verification Report offered by the Phone Verification feature can confirm various health-related elements for your device. It can examine the device's battery health, screen condition, camera operation, and general performance. This report provides a complete study of your device's health, which can help you identify any problems affecting its performance.
It is vital to note that the Android and iPhone versions of the Dr.Fone report are not the same. The generated report through the Phone Verification tool can give iPhone users device data and a verification report. For Android users, however, the report offers device details only and not the verification report.
Key Features of Dr.Fone:
Here are some of the key features that you must know about Dr.Fone‘s Phone Verification and Device Details feature:
- Provides detailed device information about CPU, GPU, and OS
- Offers accurate and authentic details only relevant to the connected device
- Helps users to know the device temperature
- Works for Android (Device Details) and iOS (Device Details and Verification Report)
Steps To Get a Verification Report and Device Details
Follow the detailed steps below to obtain the verification report and device details of your iPhone:
- Step 1: Download and launch Dr.Fone on your device.
- Step 2: Connect the device to be tested via cable or Wi-Fi to Dr.Fone. Select it when it appears in the My Device section's left panel.
- Step 3: Using the panel displayed on the front of the device, you can examine its information. To do so, open a new window by clicking the Device Details icon in the upper right corner. There is complete information about the device provided. The battery health is on the left side of the window.
- Step 4: Click the Verification Report button in the upper right corner of the screen to check the information about your iOS device. This will let you check out the comprehensive report on the device verification.
Hopefully, you're fully aware of how to check phone temperature on Android phones and iPhones by now. Overheating is a prevalent issue that, if not addressed, can cause harm to mobile phones. Users can avoid overheating by recognizing the common reasons, such as exposure to sunlight, CPU overload, and malware.
Some precautions include avoiding direct sunlight, switching to airplane mode, etc. Furthermore, users can utilize apps like Wondershare Dr.Fone to evaluate the health of their smartphone and solve any problems affecting its performance.
- iPhone News
- iPhone Activate
- iPhone Data Manage
- 1. Export Notes from iPhone to PC/Mac
- 2. iPhone Notes Duplicate
- 3. Print WhatsApp Messages on iPhone
- iPhone Diagnostics
- 1. Check iPhone Wi-Fi Speed
- 2. Check and Monitor iPhone Temprature
- 3. Put iPhone in Diagnostic Mode
- 4. Test iPhone Screens
- iPhone How-tos
- 1. Force Quit Frozen Apps
- 2. Find Own Phone Number
- 3. Find Blocked Numbers on iPhone
- 4. iPhone Internet Explorer Alternatives
- 5. Sync Thunderbird with iPhone
- 6. Things Can Do with iPhone on Plane
- 7. Tips for Using VLC for iPhone
- 8. iPhone Explorer for Mac and Windows
- 9. Use iPhone as Security Camera
- iPhone Location Tips
- 1. Change iPhone GPS Location
- 2. Hide iPhone/Android Location
- 3. PokeGo++ iPhone
- 4. Change Home Address on iPhone
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. PGSharp for iPhone
- 7. Change App Store Country
- iPhone Track
- 1. Track iPhone by Phone Number
- 2. Track iPhone without App
- 3. Turn Off Tracking on iPhone
- 4. Spy on iPhone without Jailbreak
- iPhone Tricks
- 1. Unlink iPhones
- 2. Mirror iPhone/iPad to Windows PC
- 3. Turn On iPhone Without Home Button
- 4. Charge iPhone Without Charger
- 5. Free Unlimited Data on Verizon iPhone
- 6. Use iPhone with Broken Home Button
- 7. Use iPhone without Touch Screen
- 8. Remote Control iPhone from PC
- 9. iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo
- 10. DFU Tools for iPhone
- 11. iPhone/iTunes Error 4013
- 12. iPhone Front Camera Not Working
- 13. Download Songs on iPhone/iPod
- 14. Unlock iPhone without Passcode
- 15. Reset iPhone Without Apple ID
- 16. Transfer Photo from Android to iOS
- Find My iPhone Tips