[Solved] Move to iOS not Working Problems
You might be wondering, what is the Move to iOS? If you are an android user and have decided to shift to the iPhone, you will need the Move to iOS tool. The app is developed to help transfer data from an android device to iOS devices. Google play store has the app, and it's free.
To use the app, install it on your android device first. The transfer process requires following several simple steps to move to iOS. The app seems easy to use the tool, but newbies must learn about the Move to iOS guidelines to complete the process. With this tool, you will transfer various android data such as camera photos, contacts, message history, mail accounts, calendars, and videos.
Move to iOS app works on android version 4.0 or higher. You can transfer data to any iPhone in a relatively straightforward process. Also, beware that the Move to iOS will work only when setting up a new iPhone or iPad.
Besides knowing what the content that Moves to iOS tool can transfer, you might be wondering how long the process can take. Depending on the content you want to transfer, the process generally takes around 10 – 30 minutes. However, other factors can determine the time the app will take to move content to iOS. They include the speed of the network, patency of the transmission process, and Wi-Fi stability.
Part 1: Move to iOS not working problem lists
Users can learn to use the Move to iOS app quickly. However, they will occasionally experience problems while using this tool. If the app runs into errors, you will encounter some problems.
- Move to iOS no code.
These steps will help you get the Move to iOS code;
When setting up your iPhone, tap on the move data from the android option. Then, launch the Move to ios app on your android device and tap continue. You will see the find you code screen; tap on the .next' button to continue.
Tap on the continue button on your iOS device and wait for a ten-digit code to appear.
Once you receive the code on your iPhone, enter it on the android device and wait for the devices to connect. Select all the content you want to move and click Next.
Once the loading bar on the iOS device is done, tap on the 'Done' button on your android device. Proceed to set up your iOS device using the onscreen steps.
If you are not receiving any code on your iOS device, you can fix it by ensuring the Wi-Fi is always on throughout the process. You can also reboot your devices if the error is temporary.
- Move to iOS could not communicate correctly with the devices.
To avoid this Move to iOS error, ensure both devices run on updated operating systems, i.e., android 4.0 or later and iOS 9 or later. The phones must have enough power, and lastly, ensure that you turn off background apps to avoid notifications during the transfer process.
- Move to iOS stuck on preparing/transferring.
You are transferring your android data to iOS, but the process is stuck on the transferring page. The problem is related to Wi-Fi connections. Should the Wi-Fi disconnect for a few seconds, the transfer process stops. Other distractions on android such as calls, switching to sleep mode, or other background operations might also cause the Move to iOS error.
- Move to iOS takes forever/slow.
The length of time taken to transfer data from android to iOS depends on the size of the data and Wi-Fi connection. To speed up the transfer, check your Wi-Fi connection, delete unnecessary data from the android device, or restart the transfer if it takes too long.
- Move to iOS Wi-Fi disconnect.
Wi-Fi drops will obviously interfere with the transfer process. To avoid this error, you can reset your router and the network and turn off smart switching and airplane mode.
- Move to iOS interrupted
If the Move to iOS process is interrupted, you can fix it by restarting the phone, check your network connections on both devices, turn off the smart network swath on android and turn on the airplane mode.
- Move to iOS, not connecting devices.
The circumstances can be frustrating as the transfer process will not be completed successfully. But what is the solution to all these problems? We will discuss the solutions to move to iOS not working in the later sections of this article.
While the Move to iOS app can be easy to use, you need to know a couple of things before transferring.
- Ensure the android and iOS device can connect to Wi-Fi
- Ensure the devices have enough power to complete the process/ plug the devices into power
- The iOS device should run on iOS 9.0 or higher
- The android device should run on android 4.0 or higher
- Check the capacity of the transferred content, whether it will fit the new iOS device.
- Update chrome on android to the latest version to transfer bookmarks
Part 2: 9 Tips about moving to iOS not working problems
Even though Move to iOS is a useful tool for android users willing to transfer content to the iOS device, there are several instances where it fails to work correctly. The app will show a message indicating the type of error you are experiencing during the transfer process.
Most of the 'move to iOS' problems are related to Wi-Fi connection issues, android and iOS versions, space requirements, connection optimizers, and application issues. Nevertheless, you will need to find a solution to these problems to transfer your data successfully from android to iOS devices. This section will discuss possible solutions to the errors that occasionally appear when moving android data to iOS devices.
Tip 1: Restart both your devices
Restarting your devices is the essential thing to do when troubleshooting the Move to iOS problems. It is a great way o eliminate minor issues during data transfer from android to iOS devices. The process can resolve the Move to iOS stuck on connecting to iPhone issues. A simple restart will eliminate the bugs and any cached error in the devices.
Tip 2: Clear all running apps
It is recommended to avoid using the android device o run applications when using the Move to iOS app. Since the app runs in the foreground, you should ensure all other apps in the android are disabled before starting the data transfer process. Notifications and incoming calls are likely to interfere with the process; therefore, users must ensure such distraction is not happening by disabling such apps.
Tip 3: Make sure the Wi-Fi connection is turned on.
Wi-Fi connectivity is a significant factor in ensuring data transfer is successful. Since Move to iOS relies on Wi-Fi, you should ensure it Is turned on and is stable. The iPhone usually creates a private network for the android device to connect. Please turn on the Wi-Fi connection on your android to make it ready to connect to the iPhone's private network. This will make it possible to send the Move to iOS code to initiate the data transfer process.
Tip 4: Plug both devices to power
You should ensure that both the android and iOS devices have sufficient power to run through the entire data transfer process. If you doubt the power consumption, keep the devices connected to power before you start moving your content from android to iOS device.
Tip 5: Set your phone into airplane mode
When you transfer android data to iOS using the Move to iOS tool, apple recommends that you turn off your mobile data. Some android devices can switch from Wi-Fi to mobile data when the connection tends to drop on either side using the smart switch feature. This can interfere with the transfer process. Similarly, it could be useful if incoming calls were prevented to avoid interfering with the data transfer process. All mediums of connectivity are disabled except for the connection between the android and iOS devices through the iPhones Wi-Fi network.
The best way to ensure these distractions are not happening is to turn on airplane mode on the android device.
Tip 6: Check the storage requirement.
Before you begin transferring android data to iOS devices, check the size of all content including the external micro SD card, to determine whether it fits into the new iOS device. If the content is larger than the destination storage, you will obviously encounter an error during the transfer process. You need to delete the content you don't need to transfer from your android device before getting started.
Tip 7: Disable the connection optimizer
Android devices with connection optimizers will switch between different connections for better connectivity. Since the Move to iOS app utilizes the iPhones private network, the connection optimizer might start using mobile data or switch to another Wi-Fi connection when the current connection drops. The circumstance can break the connection between the android ad iOS device hence interfering with the data transfer process. Be sure to turn off the feature from settings before running the Move to iOS app.
Tip 8: Check the compatibility of your devices.
You need to check whether your android device meets the minimum requirements to be compatible with the Move to iOS app, much like other apps found on the App Store and Google play store. Generally, the app runs on Android 4.0 and above while transferring data to iOS 9.0 or later devices.
Tip 9: Turn off battery optimization.
Turning off the battery optimization on both your Android and iOS device is a requirement when using the Move to iOS tool. The app is designed to run in the foreground, and the android user should not have other applications running. However, the phone might automatically minimize the Move to iOS app when it switches to battery optimization mode. Therefore you should ensure the feature is closed from the settings of your android device.
Part 3: [Alternative] Move to iOS not working solved without a PC
An alternative solution to Move to iOS not working problem is to use Dr. Fone – Phone Manager (iOS). The software can transfer all types of data from android to iOS devices quickly. Here, you will select the type of data you need and begin moving in a single click.
Most importantly, the programs transfer data at a very high speed compared to other alternatives. You can also use the software to transfer social apps and retain the important history of apps like WhatsApp, Wechat, Viber, Line, or Kik.
Move/Transfer Android data from Computer to iPod/iPhone/iPad without iTunes
- Transfer, manage, export/import your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps, etc.
- Back up your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps, etc., to the computer and restore them easily.
- Transfer music, photos, videos, contacts, messages, etc., from one smartphone to another.
- Transfer media files between iOS devices and iTunes.
- Fully compatible with iOS 7 to iOS 15 and iPod.
Here is how to transfer data from iOS to android device without a PC
You need to login to your iCloud account on android to download data, or you can use the iOS-to-android adapter to connect your iPhone to android to transfer data directly.
Use the following simple steps.
- Install Dr. Fone- Phone Transfer app on your android device and click on the 'Import From iCloud' option.
- Use your apple passcode to log in to the iCloud account. You will be required to enter a verification code if prompted to two-factor authentication.
- Select from the list of data detected from iCloud and tap on start importing.
- Wait for the data transfer process to complete.
To transfer content from your iPhone to Android device directly, open Dr. Fone – Phone Transfer on android and tap 'import from a USB cable.' Use the iOS-to-android cable to connect your iOS and Android devices.
Dr. Fone – Phone Transfer will begin to scan data on your iPhone. The time will depend on the content on the iPhone.
Tap on 'start importing' once all data has been detected.
Part 4: [Alternative] Move to iOS not working solved with a PC
The following steps will help you transfer data from android to an iOS device using a PC.
- Open the Dr. Fone program on your computer and click 'phone transfer' from the modules displayed.
- Connect your iOS and Android devices to the computer. You can always use the 'flip' option to change the source and destination devices.
- Select the types of data you want to transfer, then click on the 'start transfer' option to continue. Be careful not to disconnect the devices until the process is complete.
- If you want to clear the destination phone's data before transferring data, ensure you check the 'clear data before copy' box.
- All the data you selected will be transferred successfully in a few minutes.
Transferring data from android to iOS device has been made easier with the Move to iOS app. However, you need to consider the requirements for the data transfer process to complete successfully. You can also apply Dr. Fone – Phone Transfer as your recommended alternatives to transfer android data to the iOS device in the simplest way.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Get Data from Android
- Transfer from Android to Android
- Transfer from Android to BlackBerry
- Import/Export Contacts to and from Android Phones
- Transfer Apps from Android
- Transfer from Andriod to Nokia
- Android to iOS Transfer
- Transfer from Andoid to iPhone
- Transfer from Samsung to iPhone
- Samsung to iPhone Transfer Tool
- Transfer from Sony to iPhone
- Transfer from Motorola to iPhone
- Transfer from Huawei to iPhone
- Transfer from Android to iPod
- Transfer Photos from Android to iPhone
- Transfer from Android to iPad
- Transfer videos from Android to iPad
- Get Data from Samsung
- Transfer Data to Samsung
- Transfer from Sony to Samsung
- Transfer from Motorola to Samsung
- Samsung Switch Alternative
- Samsung File Transfer Software
- LG Transfer
- Transfer from Samsung to LG
- Transfer from LG to Android
- Transfer from LG to iPhone
- Transfer Pictures From LG Phone to Computer
- Mac to Android Transfer