How to Transfer Data from Motorola Phone to Samsung Phone
Samsung is undoubtedly the most widely used smartphone manufacturer today. Cutting edge functionalities in prices that are affordable makes Samsung a favorite. Therefore, more and more users will need to transfer data to Samsung’s devices. In this artilce, we are going to share how to transfer data from Motorola to Samsung, especially for how to transfer contacts from Motorola to Samsung. Check them out.If you're going to buy a new Samsung S20, these solutions work as well.
- Part 1: Transfer data from Motorola to Samsung with One Click
- Part 2: Transfer contacts from Motorola to Samsung Manually or use apps
If you have recently moved on to a Samsung phone and wish to transfer contacts from Motorola to Samsung phone you’ll have 3 options:
Method 1.Copy/paste all the data or contacts manually from one device to another using a laptop or a computer.
Method 2.Use Samsung’s Smart Switch app.
Method 3.Use Dr.Fone - Phone Transfer.
Dr.Fone - Phone Transfer can be used for transferring data from to phone to another phone like messages, contacts, call logs, calendar, photos, music, video and apps. Also you can back up your iPhone and save the data on your pc, for example, and restore later when you wish. Basically all your necessary data can be transferred fast from a phone to another phone, including transfer from Motorola to Samsung.
Migrate all data from Motorola to Samsung quickly
- Easily move 11 types of data like photos, videos, calendar, contacts, messages, music, apps, etc. from Motorola to Samsung.
- You can also transfer between iOS and Android, and iOS and iOS.
- Simple clicks to operate.
- All-in-one process to read from source device, transfer, and write to target device.
Steps to Transfer data from Motorola to Samsung
To transfer data from your Motorola to your Samsung phone, you will require:
- USB Cables x2
- A laptop or a computer
To start transferring data from your Motorola to your Samsung phone you will need to:
Step 1.Download Dr.Fone and install it to your laptop or computer.
Step 2.Using the USB cables, attach both of your phones to the computer or laptop that you just installed Dr.Fone to. When you run Dr.Fone, you’ll see a screen similar to the one shown below:
Step 3.There will be several modes listed on the screen. Select the “Phone Transfer” mode. Dr.Fone - Phone Transfer will display both of your devices after detecting them.
Step 4.Notice that the menu in the center shows the items to be transferred to the destination device. If you want to transfer the contacts, check the contacts item to transfer contacts from Motorola to Samsung. Check or uncheck the boxes as per your requirement. Click “Start Transfer” when you are done. drfone - Phone Transfer will begin the transferring process. A menu will appear showing the progress of the transfer.
Step 5.You can cancel the transferring process at any time by hitting the “Cancel” button however, make sure that neither of the device gets detached while the transferring process is still underway.
It is pretty obvious that using the manual approach is a very tiring and lengthy process. It demands that the user have a very high patience level and all the time in the world on his hands. This method will exhaust you quickly and become annoying in a very little time.
The other method i.e. using Samsung Smart Switch to transfer data is relatively easy. All you need to do is install the Samsung Smart Switch App from. It needs to be installed on both the source and destination devices. Follow the steps below to know how to transfer contacts from Motorola to Samsung.Download url: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.android.easyMover&hl=en
Step 1.Once you have it installed, you will be required to select “Export to Galaxy Device” from the source while keeping the app open on your destination Samsung device.
Step 2.Next, you will have to select the data(contacts) that you wish to transfer to your Samsung device. After selecting desired data you will have to hit “Transfer” and the devices will begin communicating.
Step 3.The transfer time will depend upon the size of the data being transferred.
Both of these approaches have their fair share of shortcomings some of which are:
Step 1.The manual process is very tiring and lengthy. Since there is a lot of manual work required, risk of human error always remains.
Step 2. The manual method does not provide a way to transfer call logs and messaged from Motorola to Samsung phone.
Step 3.The second method although requires minimal effort but it has some compatibility issues. The Samsung Smart Switch app is only compatible with Motorola DROID RAZR, RAZR Mini, RAZR Maxx and ATRIX III.
To cater for the above mentioned problems and many other, Dr.Fone - Phone Transfer was developed. Dr.Fone - Phone Transfer is an easy to use tool. It has been designed to assist you to in transferring data from your old phone to your new phone, including transferring contacts from Motorola to Samsung.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Get Data from Android
- Transfer from Android to Android
- Transfer from Android to BlackBerry
- Import/Export Contacts to and from Android Phones
- Transfer Apps from Android
- Transfer from Andriod to Nokia
- Android to iOS Transfer
- Transfer from Andoid to iPhone
- Transfer from Samsung to iPhone
- Samsung to iPhone Transfer Tool
- Transfer from Sony to iPhone
- Transfer from Motorola to iPhone
- Transfer from Huawei to iPhone
- Transfer from Android to iPod
- Transfer Photos from Android to iPhone
- Transfer from Android to iPad
- Transfer videos from Android to iPad
- Get Data from Samsung
- Transfer Data to Samsung
- Transfer from Sony to Samsung
- Transfer from Motorola to Samsung
- Samsung Switch Alternative
- Samsung File Transfer Software
- LG Transfer
- Transfer from Samsung to LG
- Transfer from LG to Android
- Transfer from LG to iPhone
- Transfer Pictures From LG Phone to Computer
- Mac to Android Transfer