iPhone X/XR Stuck on Black Screen? Six Ways to Fix It
When you face the iPhone X black screen issue that won't turn on, it could be because of a system or hardware error. Of course, any device can encounter such issues sooner or later, particularly for specific reasons. However, the problem is credited to system crashes.
Featured beneath are some of the relevant methods you can try. First, we suggest you try our recommended tips if your iPhone X screen went black, but it works. So, if you need to learn more about iPhone XR black screen fix, keep reading this article,
Part 2: Why is My iPhone X/XR Stuck on Black Screen
There can be several reasons why your iPhone X/XR is stuck on a black screen. We will discuss common causes such as software glitches, faulty updates, hardware issues, and more. Understanding the root cause will help you identify the appropriate solution for your specific situation.
- First and foremost, your iPhone could have a black screen of death, given a hardware issue. For instance, your phone screen is broken or harmed after the iPhone is dropped.
- Likewise, the iPhone may have suffered a failed jailbreak attempt. This can freeze your iPhone screen and make it black.
- Aside from these issues, there's likewise a possibility that your iPhone screen becomes black due to a low battery.
Part 1:6 Ways to Fix Your iPhone X/XR Stuck on Black Screen
In this section, we will walk you through step-by-step methods to resolve the black screen problem on your iPhone X/XR. We will cover both basic and advanced troubleshooting techniques, including force restarting the device, using iTunes or Finder to restore, utilizing recovery mode, and more. Each method will be explained in detail, enabling you to choose the most suitable approach based on your specific situation.
Method 1. Charge iPhone X/XR
Aside from the hardware or software issues, there's also the probability that your iPhone screen becomes black after a depleted battery. So again, make sure to have a check in advance.
If that is the situation, charge your iDevice. Kindly note that only charge your device to part. Always quit charging the device before the battery level reaches 100%. If your device has been used for a long, you need to charge it for a more extended time (generally over 60 min) to see its capability.
You can likewise check for specific updates by eliminating the buggy application. The fix is simple so that we won't develop more here.
Method 2. Force Restart iPhone X/XR
Your iPhone can likewise be in this state when it runs out of force, mainly because of some rogue applications. For example, an application may consume considerable battery life and abruptly shut down your device. In this situation, the issue can be labeled as specific buggy applications that consume much power.
You can fix iPhone XR black screen in such a situation by force restarting your phone while connected to the charger. If any of your applications has shown rogue behavior by depleting your device battery, a force restart will settle it, and your device will charge normally. Of course, you can turn it back on whenever it has gained sufficient power.
Method 3. Restore iPhone X/XR with iTunes Recovery Mode
This solution utilizes iTunes to fix iPhone X/XR, which has a black screen and won't turn on. However, all your data on the iDevice will be deleted after this process. Follow the steps below:
- Step 1. Download the most recent version of iTunes on your system and launch it. Then connect the black-screen iPhone to the PC with a USB connector.
- Step 2. At times, iTunes will distinguish that your iPhone is in recovery mode and show the above window. You can physically enter your iPhone into recovery mode if iTunes doesn't. Then, do the same as you do to reset your iPhone and hold on until this message springs up:
- Step 3. Click Restore to restore the iPhone to default settings. Assuming you have an iTunes backup, iTunes will provoke you to fix the backup to get back data.
- Step 4. The iPhone will turn on and escape the black screen of death.
Method 4. Restore iPhone X/XR with iTunes DFU Mode
If a recovery mode restores still fails to fix the issue, you might continue with a Device Firmware Upgrade (DFU) mode. It's the deepest system restore you can do on your iPhone while managing more complex system errors.
But on the other hand, a DFU mode restore must just be completed with your device not having any physical or fluid damage. As a result, your iPhone has a higher opportunity to block if a DFU mode corrupts or does not finish because of hardware issues. To play out a DFU mode restore on your iPhone X/XR, follow these steps:
- Step 1. First, close any running projects on your PC. Doing so will forestall any running projects from interrupting the DFU mode restore process.
- Step 2. Connect your iPhone to your PC utilizing the Apple USB or Lightning connector.
- Step 3. While your iPhone is connected, press and hold the Side/Power button for around 3 seconds.
- Step 4. Continue to push the Power button and hold the Volume Down button for around 10 seconds. Assuming the Apple logo shows up, it shows that you've saved the buttons too long and that you'll need to start from the very beginning once more.
- Step 5. If you see no logo, release the Power button; however, hold the Volume Down button for an additional 5 seconds.
- Step 6. Assuming the screen stays black, it implies that you have effectively entered DFU mode. You will now see a warning on your PC saying that iTunes has identified your iPhone. If you see that message, follow the on-screen prompts to finish the DFU mode recovery process.
- Step 7. Assuming you see the Attachment on the iTunes screen, it implies you haven't entered DFU mode and that you should start from the very beginning once more.
Method 5. Using Dr.Fone - System Repair
Indeed, if the above methods fail to work, you can use Wondershare Dr.Fone-System Repair to fix iPhone X/XR black screen. Dr.Fone-System Repair will assist with tackling any problem connected with the iPhone, including black/blue screen, with straightforward steps. Dr.Fone-System Repair is a convenient and robust iOS recovery program that can replace iTunes to fix regular system issues. It works to fix the black screen on practically all iPhone models (iPhone 4 and above). Moreover, it is viable with the most recent iOS 17.
Download the program on your PC/Macintosh, adhere to the directions, and fix your iPhone X/XR black screen. Here is the step-by-step guide on fixing the black screen on iPhone X/XR.
- Step 1. Open Dr.Fone, click "System Repair," and specify your device as iOS. Click the "iOS" option on the next screen.
- Step 2. Go for the "Repair Now" option and select "Standard Repair" from the given options to keep your data safe.
- Step 2. Connect the iPhone X to the PC and "Trust" the connected device. Then proceed with the "Enter Recovery Mode" option.
- Step 4: Dr.Fone will identify your iPhone immediately. Click Download to install the matching iOS firmware accessible to you. The firmware will install on your device within no time. After the confirmation, to start the recovery process, please select “Repair Now.”
Method 6. Seek Help from Local Apple Support
If you fail to fix the black screen issue with the above strategies or your iPhone X screen went black, but it works, you should contact a local service provider. Likewise, if your iPhone is still under warranty or the AppleCare plan, take the phone to a nearby Apple store.
Part 3: Is There Any Way to Fix Black Screen without Data Loss?
Yes, the Recovery mode method using iTunes or the DFU will erase data. Losing valuable data is a concern when dealing with any iPhone issue. Thankfully, there are methods available to fix the black screen problem without compromising your data. We will explore reliable solutions, such as using reputable third-party software like Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS). This tool is designed to fix various iOS system issues, including the black screen problem, while ensuring that your data remains intact. We will guide you through the process of using this tool effectively.
Fix the iPhone Black Screen without Data Loss
Part 4: FAQs about iPhone Stuck on Black Screen
Here are some FAQs about iPhone X/XR getting stuck on a black screen:
1. Can I fix the black screen issue on my iPhone X/XR by myself?
Yes, there are several troubleshooting methods you can try to fix the black screen problem on your iPhone X/XR. We have provided detailed instructions in Part 2 of this article.
2. Will I lose my data during the repair process?
It depends on the method you choose to fix the black screen problem. Some methods, such as force restarting or using recovery mode, generally do not lead to data loss. However, if you opt for a complete restore using iTunes or Finder, your device will be reset to factory settings, resulting in data loss. To avoid data loss, we recommend using reputable third-party software like Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS), which can fix the black screen issue without affecting your data.
3. What if none of the methods mentioned in the article work for my iPhone X/XR?
If you have tried all the recommended methods and your iPhone X/XR is still stuck on a black screen, it may indicate a more complex hardware issue. In such cases, we recommend contacting Apple Support or visiting an authorized service center to have your device inspected and repaired by professionals.
4. Can a software update cause the black screen problem on my iPhone X/XR?
Yes, in some cases, an incompatible or faulty software update can lead to various issues, including a black screen. If you recently installed a software update before experiencing the problem, it is worth considering to a previous iOS version.
5. How can I prevent my iPhone X/XR from getting stuck on a black screen in the future?
To minimize the chances of encountering a black screen problem, it is essential to keep your device's software up to date by regularly installing official iOS updates. Additionally, avoid installing unauthorized apps or tweaks that may disrupt the system's stability. Performing regular backups of your iPhone using iCloud or iTunes can also help safeguard your information in case of any unexpected issues.
Tips: Wondershare Dr.Fone is a tool that helps you keep your important data safe. It can back up all the important information on your iOS devices, like photos, music, videos, contacts, and more. The backup process is easy and only takes a few clicks. You can also restore your backup to any device you want, and choose which data you want to restore. This is a great way to make sure you never lose your important information!
Experiencing a black screen issue on your iPhone X/XR can be frustrating, but it is not an insurmountable problem. More often than not, when an iPhone XR black screen issue occurs, it's simply a firmware crash due to minor errors in the software. Problems like this can be fixed without visiting the Apple Store.
By following the information and solutions provided in this article, you can effectively troubleshoot and resolve the black screen problem on your device. Remember to identify the potential causes, apply the recommended methods, and consider utilizing reliable tools like Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS) to ensure a successful resolution without data loss. With these steps, you can restore your iPhone X/XR to its optimal functioning and continue enjoying its exceptional features and performance.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
iPhone X Series
- iPhone X Backup
- iPhone X Problems
- 1. iPhone SE/X/XR Won't Turn On
- 2. iPhone X/XR Stuck on Black Screen
- 3. iPhone 11 Frozen Screen
- 4. iPhone XR/11/12 Won't Turn Off
- 5. iPhone X Screen Not Responding
- 6. iPhone X Siri Not Working
- 7. iPhone XS Screen Not Responding
- 8. IPhone XS Won't Turn On
- 9. iPhone SE/X Keep Restarting
- 10. iPhone SE/X Won't Charge
- iPhone X Transfer
- 1. Put Music to iPhone X/8 (Plus)
- 2. Music from iTunes to iPhone X
- 3. Music from Mac to iPhone XS
- 4. Data from Computer to iPhone
- 5. Transfer from iPhone 6 to iPhone 8
- 6. Message from Android to iPhone XS
- 7. Data from iPhone to iPhone XS
- 8. Messages from iPhone to iPhone XS
- 9. Sync Music from iTunes to iPhone XS
- iPhone X Unlock
- 1. Unlock iPhone X/XR from Carrier
- 2. Unlock iPhone X/XR Lock Screen
- 3. Unlock iPhone XS without Face ID
- 4. Unlock iPhone XS without Passcode
- 5. Bypass iPhone X Activate Lock
- iPhone X Tips
- 1. Factory Reset iPhone X/XR/XS (Max)
- 2. Save Text Messages on iPhone
- 3. Screen Record on iPhone X
- 4. Screen Record on iPhone XR
- 5. Screen Record on iphone XS
- 6. Sell Old iPhone X Series Online
- 7. iPhone XR Screen Mirroring
- 8. Screen Mirror iPhone X
- 9. iPhone Photo Printers
- 10. Enter & Exit DFU Mode on iPhone X
- 11. Add Ringtones to iPhone XS