How To Fix My iPhone Is Frozen and Won't Turn Off
The iPhone is popular because of its safe ecosystem, suitable hardware, design, and other factors. Minor and typical issues, such as the iPhone screen lagging or stalling and refusing to turn off, can compromise the user experience.
There could be several causes for such an error. This issue makes for an unpleasant experience, and prolonged screen time can harm the battery's health. To resolve iPhone xr won't turn off, we've included a detailed article and helpful fixes below.
- Part 1: Common Causes iPhone XR/11/12 Won't Turn Off
- Part 2: 5 Easy Ways to Fix iPhone XR/11/12 Won't Turn Off
Part 1: Common Causes iPhone XR/11/12 Won't Turn Off
- You use the wrong way to turn off your iPhone.
It used to be simple to turn off an iPhone by pressing the Power button. However, this differs from the current model, where the single Power button activates Siri rather than turning off the Device. Apple has explained the method on its Support Page. However, you can also follow the steps below:
- The first method is to turn off the iPhone by pressing a set of buttons. Hold down both the Volume and Power buttons (on the right side) simultaneously. And it takes seconds, the "slide to power off" option will appear at the top of the power menu. Drag the power switch on the slider to the right to turn off the Device.
- The second technique is to use the Shut Down option in the Settings app, which is helpful if you cannot switch off your iPhone using the power button. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap Shut Down. Then, swipe the power off slider to the right to switch off the Device.
- System crash
Occasionally, the crashed software may cause iPhone 12 won't turn off issues. When this occurs, the hard reset will not shut down the Device. Instead, it displays a black screen with a spinning circle until becoming entirely frozen and refuses to switch off.
- The power button is broken.
You know your iPhone does not switch off due to broken or non-functioning side buttons. An easy trick is to use a software button in Settings to shut down the Device if the screen is still operational. When the power button doesn't work, another option to switch it off is to use AssistiveTouch.
- The screen is broken and unresponsive.
It's a regular occurrence when using a resource-intensive or battery-draining app. The screen abruptly freezes, and you cannot turn off the phone, exit the program, or enter other apps. If the screen is broken, the only way to get it operating again is to repair it.
Part 2: 5 Easy Ways to Fix iPhone XR/11/12 Won't Turn Off
1.Hard reset your iPhone
If the standard method of turning off your phone by pressing the Power button does not work, it's time to attempt hard resetting it. It is because force restarting the iPhone almost always works, even when it is significantly slow. Here's how to do a force restart on your iPhone to fix iPhone 12 won't turn off:
- Press and release the volume up button.
- Press and release the volume down button once more.
- Hold the side button until the Apple logo appears on your screen.
AssistiveTouch is a function that allows you to control your iPhone from the screen entirely. It is helpful if you are having difficulty with your iPhone's buttons or are physically unable to use them. Here is how to fix iPhone xr won't turn off with the help of assistive touch:
- Go to Settings > Accessibility > AssistiveTouch to enable AssistiveTouch.
- Turn the toggle on the right side of the AssistiveTouch option green to enable the feature. A grey circle with a lighter-colored circle in the center should appear. It is the menu for AssistiveTouch. To open it, tap the square.
- Select Device and then tap and hold the Lock Screen icon to turn off your iPhone using AssistiveTouch. It will bring you to a screen with the words "slide to power off." Drag the red power icon to switch off your iPhone.
3.Reset All Settings
Many consumers are unaware that you may force restart your phone by simply resetting its settings. It is also a simple way to turn off your phone without using any keys. Follow these actions to resolve the iPhone 12 won't turn off.
- To begin, unlock your phone and navigate to Settings > General. Scroll to the bottom until you locate the "Reset" tab. To proceed, select it.
- You'll find options for erasing your data, resetting it, and more on this tab. Select the "Reset All Settings" option.
- A confirmation pop-up will display to confirm your selection. Select the "Reset All Settings" option to conduct the required procedure.
- Wait for a few moments as your phone resets all saved settings and restarts when finished.
4.Restore your iPhone with iTunes
This approach works whenever your iPhone freezes and iPhone 11 won't turn off. However, before restoring your phone with iTunes, make sure you have already taken a backup of your data with iTunes. If you use iTunes frequently, you may already know how iTunes may be used to back up or restore your phone.
When my iPhone doesn't switch off, I try to fix it with the help of iTunes. You may perform the same thing by following these steps:
- Start iTunes and attach your phone to it using an authorized cord. Check that you have the most recent version of iTunes.
- If your Device is in recovery mode, iTunes will automatically detect a problem and display the following notice. To resolve this issue, click the "Restore" option.
- You can solve it without putting your phone into recovery mode. When iTunes recognizes your Device, select it and navigate to its "Summary" tab. Click the "Restore Backup" button under the Backup section.
- When you make your pick, iTunes will display a pop-up message to confirm your decision. Click the "Restore" option to resolve the iPhone won't switch off problem.
Data loss may occasionally occur when restoring an iPhone. However, Wondershare Dr.Fone-System Repair can repair an iPhone that has frozen and iPhone 11 won't turn off without causing data loss. It also provides a one-click solution to similar challenges, making it simple for consumers to resolve the problem.
Dr.Fone has made it easier for customers to recover their iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch from the white screen, Recovery Mode, Apple logo, or black screen and cure other iOS issues. Here are the steps to take to bring a frozen iPhone back to life.
Step 1: After successfully installing Dr.Fone, start it on your PC. Select "System Repair" from the drop-down menu on the homepage.
Step 2: After that, you must specify the type of smartphone you are repairing. Choose "iOS" because iPhones are being dealt with.
Step 3: You will be taken to a new screen where you must pick "iOS Repair" to repair the iPhone's system faults.
Step 4: Even if the iOS system issue on your device is not listed, you can still select "Repair Now" and start with the recovery process.
Step 5: To begin with the iOS repair, choose "Standard Repair" from the two options. This mode will attempt to fix your iOS device while protecting all data from loss.
Step 6: You must boot your iOS device into Recovery Mode. You must first trust the computer to complete this process. To do so:
Connect the device to the computer using a USB cable and enter the password for the lock screen.
Tap the "Trust" option that appears in the pop-up window.
Following successful coverage, click "Enter Recovery Mode" to proceed. If your device is unresponsive or performing strangely, select the "Guide to Recovery Mode" option.
Step 7: Depending on your model, follow the on-screen instructions to boot your device into Recovery Mode.
Step 8: The platform recognizes the device as soon as it enters Recovery Mode.
Step 9: The following window displays a list of different iOS firmware that can be installed on the iOS device. Click "Download" to begin the installation process for any of them.
Step 10: The iOS firmware begins to download and is displayed in the progress bar across the PC.
Step 11: After downloading the firmware, the platform validates it before installing it on iOS to avoid difficulties.
Step 12: After verifying the iOS firmware, select the "Repair Now" option to begin the iOS system recovery process. A progress bar depicts the repair procedure on the following screen.
Step 13: When you're finished, the prompt window displays the successful completion of the process. To finish the execution, press the "Done" button.
Select your chosen method to resolve this persistent issue on your Device. Now that you know how to fix iPhone 11 won't turn off; you should be able to use it without difficulty. However, Wondershare Dr.Fone-System Repair may handle this problem more effectively. It corrects system faults and corruption without damaging current data.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iPhone Hardware Problems
- iPhone Home Button Problems
- iPhone Keyboard Problems
- iPhone Headphone Problems
- iPhone Touch ID Not Working
- iPhone Overheating
- iPhone Flashlight Not Working
- iPhone Silent Switch Not Working
- iPhone Sim Not Supported
- iPhone Software Problems
- iPhone Passcode Not Working
- Google Maps Not Working
- iPhone Screenshot Not Working
- iPhone Vibrate Not Working
- Apps Disappeared From iPhone
- iPhone Emergency Alerts Not Working
- iPhone Battery Percentage Not Showing
- iPhone App Not Updating
- Google Calendar not Syncing
- Health App Not Tracking Steps
- iPhone Auto Lock Not Working
- iPhone Battery Problems
- iPhone Media Problems
- iPhone Echo Problem
- iPhone Camera Black
- iPhone Won't Play Music
- iOS Video Bug
- iPhone Calling Problem
- iPhone Ringer Problem
- iPhone Camera Problem
- iPhone Front Camera Problem
- iPhone Not Ringing
- iPhone Not Sound
- iPhone Mail Problems
- Reset Voicemail Password
- iPhone Email Problems
- iPhone Email Disappeared
- iPhone Voicemail Not Working
- iPhone Voicemail Won't Play
- iPhone Can't get Mail connection
- Gmail Not Working
- Yahoo Mail Not Working
- iPhone Update Problems
- iPhone Stuck at the Apple Logo
- Software Update Failed
- iPhone Verifying Update
- Software Update Server Couldn't Be Contacted
- iOS update Problem
- iPhone Won't Update
- iPhone Connection/Network Problems