3 Ways to Unlock iPhone XS (Max) without Passcode or Face ID
“How to unlock iPhone XS (Max) without passcode? I have forgotten the passcode of my phone and can’t seem to unlock it after consecutive efforts.”
-- Feedback from Apple Community
If you have been locked out of your iPhone due to different reasons, then you have come to the right place. Lately, many users have told us that their iPhone XS (Max) won’t unlock as they have forgotten the new passcode or bought someone else’s device. No matter the situation, you can learn how to unlock iPhone XS (Max) without a passcode or Face ID.
As an expert, I tried and tested these methods to unlock iOS devices without using the pre-set passcode. So what are you waiting for? Read on and learn how to unlock iPhone X if you forgot its passcode.
- Part 1: How to unlock iPhone XS (Max) with a professional tool?
- Part 2: How to unlock iPhone XS (Max) with iTunes?
- Part 3: How to unlock iPhone XS (Max) without passcode using iCloud?
- Part 4: Does the tricking Siri method unlocks iPhone XS (Max)?
- Part 5: Tips for protecting your iPhone X/iPhone XS (Max) being unlocked by thieves
Part 1: How to unlock iPhone XS (Max) with a professional tool?
One of the easiest solutions to bypass a locked iPhone is using a dedicated tool like Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS). Developed by Wondershare, the tool provides a simple click-through process that can unlock iOS devices easily. It doesn’t matter if the device is locked after consecutive wrong attempts or you have just forgotten your device's passcode tool can help you in different situations.
Note： This tool may erase all your data from your iOS devices after unlocking
It is compatible with all the leading iOS devices, including the latest models like iPhone 8, 8 Plus, X, and XS (Max). Without any prior technical experience, you can use this tool and fix an iPhone XS (Max) that won’t unlock. Here are some main features of this unlocking tool.
Remove iPhone Lock Screen without Hassle.
- Unlock an iPhone whenever the passcode is forgotten.
- Save your iPhone quickly from the disabled state.
- Works for all models of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Fully compatible with the latest iOS version.
Before you proceed, you need to turn off Find My iPhone if it's enabled. To do this, go to iCloud’s website, log in to your Apple account, and select the “Find my iPhone” service. From all the provided lists of the connected devices, remove your iPhone to disable the Find my iPhone service.
Follow these steps to learn how to unlock iPhone XS (Max) without a passcode.
Step 1: Connect your iOS device to the system
Download Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS) on your Mac or Windows PC and launch the application. From its welcome screen, select the “Screen Unlock” feature.
Using a lightning cable, connect your device to the system. Once the phone is detected, click on the “Start” button to commence the process.
Step 2: Put your phone in DFU mode.
You need to put your phone in the DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode using the right key combinations. The key combinations would be different for various iPhone models. The interface also provides quick instructions to do the same. Here’s how you can put your iPhone XS (Max) in DFU mode.
- Power off your phone and let it rest for a while.
- Press the Side button and the Volume Down key at the same time for at least 10 seconds.
- While holding the Volume Down key, release the Side button.
- Keep holding the Volume Down key for another 5 seconds. Release it once your phone enters the DFU mode.
If you get the connect-to-iTunes symbol or your phone would restart in the process, then it means you have booted the iPhone in Recovery mode. Mostly, it happens when we press any key for a longer duration. In this case, you need to start from the beginning and follow the same drill. If 's screenyour phone's screen remains black in the end, it means it has entered the DFU mode.
Step 3: Provide basic details of your device
As soon as your iPhone would enter the DFU mode, the application will detect it automatically. It will display the following window to provide basic details related to your phone, like its model, iOS version, etc.
After proving the relevant information, click on the “Download” button and wait for a while as the application would download the firmware update for the device.
Step 4: Unlock your device.
Once the respective firmware update has been downloaded, you will be notified. To fix your iPhone XS (Max) won’t unlock, click on the “Unlock Now” button.
Sit back and wait for a while as the application will restart your device. There won’t be any lock on the device now, and you can access it without any trouble.
In this way, you can learn how to unlock iPhone XS (Max) without a passcode or Face ID. Though, you should know that the existing data on your phone would be erased. Sadly, there is no solution to unlock an iOS device without deleting its existing data. Therefore, this is a risk you need to take if you wish to unlock your iOS device.Will you choose iPhone XS or iPhone XS Max?
Part 2: How to unlock iPhone XS (Max) with iTunes?
Just like Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS), you can also use iTunes to fix the iPhone XS (Max) won’t unlock the problem. Though, the solution is not as user-friendly or effective as Dr. Fone's. You need to take care of some prerequisites before following this technique. Also, to unlock your device with iTunes, you need to put your phone in recovery mode. The key combination would slightly vary among different iPhone models.
- Just like Dr.Fone, this technique will only work if the Find My iPhone service is not enabled on your iPhone XS (Max). You can go to iCloud’s website and disable the feature under the “Find my iPhone” option.
- Also, you need an updated version of iTunes to make it work. This is because an older version of iTunes won’t be compatible with iOS 13. Go to the iTunes menu, check for updates, and follow the simple on-screen instructions to update iTunes.
Step 1. Put your phone in the Recovery Mode
After meeting the basic prerequisites, you need to put your iPhone XS (Max) in recovery mode by following these steps:
- Connect your iPhone XS (Max) to the system (Mac or Windows) and launch an updated version of iTunes on it.
- Press the Volume Up key quickly. That is, press it only for a second and release it.
- Similarly, quick-press the Volume Down key as well.
- Once the Volume Down key is released, press the Side button.
- Keep pressing the Side key until the connect-to-iTunes symbol would appear on the screen.
Make sure that all the key combinations should be pressed consecutively. That is, you should not take an evident pause in between.
Step 2. Restore iPhone XS (Max) in Recovery Mode
As soon as your phone would enter the recovery mode, iTunes will detect an issue with your device and display the following prompt. Click on the “Restore” option and follow the simple on-screen instructions to reset your phone entirely.
Once your phone would be restored, it will be turned on without any existing lock.
Part 3: How to unlock iPhone XS (Max) without passcode using iCloud?
Another way to learn how to unlock iPhone XS (Max) without passcode or Face ID is by using iCloud. Instead of turning off the Find my iPhone service, we will use it to erase the device remotely. Though, you should know your Apple ID and password to implement this technique.
- Go to iCloud’s official website and log in with your Apple ID and password.
- From here, click on the “Find my iPhone” service.
- It will provide a list of all the devices linked to your Apple account. Select your iPhone XS (Max).
- Click on the “Erase” button and answer the security question correctly to confirm your choice.
If you get a prompt on your phone regarding the respective actions, agree to it and wait for a while as your phone would be restarted. Since this will erase all the existing data on your phone, you can later use a backup file to restore the lost content.
Part 4: Does the tricking Siri method unlocks iPhone XS (Max)?
Lately, there have been a lot of articles about this method. As an expert, I would like to clear the air – you can’t trick Siri to unlock your iPhone XS (Max). In some iPhone models, we couldSiri into unlocking our device and going titsgoing Home without bypassing the lock screen. The trick worked for a few devices and was an instant hit as it retained our data while unlocking our device.
It was a loophole from Apple’s end, which was present in iOS 10.3. Therefore, if your device is still running on iOS 10.3, then you might give it a try. Sadly, the only way to bypass an iPhone XS (Max) that won’t unlock now is the restoring your device (erasing its existing content). Since iPhone XS (Max) currently runs on iOS 14, the trick won’t work.
Part 5: Tips for protecting your iPhone X/iPhone XS (Max) being unlocked by thieves
It would help if you always protected your iPhone from being misused by others. If your device is lost or stolen, you should make sure that the perpetrator won’t be able to unlock it. If they can bypass the security lock on your phone, then they can easily resell it. To protect your device, we recommend following these suggestions.
5.1 Enable Find my iPhone
This is the most important thing to do to protect your phone from being misused. As you can see, a perpetrator can only unlock your device if the Find my iPhone service is turned off. Therefore, you should make sure that the feature is on. To turn it off, they would need to access your iCloud account first, which would require a lot of effort.
Just go to the iCloud settings on your phone and turn on the “Find my iPhone” service. Also, enable the “Send Last Location” feature. This will automatically send the last location of your device whenever its battery would be critically low.
5.2 Use Find my Friends
Just like Find my iPhone, Find my Friends is a native location-sharing feature developed by Apple. You should have at least 2-3 people with whom you are sharing your location. Go to the Find my Friends app on your device, enable the location sharing feature, and add your close friend and family.
In this way, if your device is stolen, you can track it immediately with the help of your friends.
5.3 Enable two-factor authentication
Your iCloud account should be protected at any cost. By infiltrating your iCloud account, anyone can erase your phone remotely. It is recommended to enable the two-factor authentication on your account to strengthen its security. Go to your device’s Settings > Apple ID > Passcode & Security and enable the two-factor authentication feature.
5.4 Erase data after failed unlocking attempts
This is a crucial setting that you should enable to protect your data from unknown perpetrators. If someone tried to unlock your device and get 10 failed attempts, your data would automatically be erased from your phone.
Go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode and turn on the “Erase Data” option. Though, if you have enabled the option and have forgotten the passcode of your phone, then you should be alarmed.
When you know how to unlock iPhone XS (Max) without the passcode, you can easily fulfill your requirements. Out of all the provided options, Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS) is recommended. This is because using the Dr.Fone toolkit is extremely easy. You won’t face any compatibility issues or need to have the technical experience to use this reliable tool. Try it for free and download it on your system to bypass a locked iPhone XS (Max) right away.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
iPhone XS (Max)
- iPhone XS (Max) Contacts
- iPhone XS (Max) Music
- Transfer music from Mac to iPhone XS (Max)
- Sync iTunes music to iPhone XS (Max)
- Add ringtones to iPhone XS (Max)
- iPhone XS (Max) Messages
- Transfer messages from Android to iPhone XS (Max)
- Transfer messages from old iPhone to iPhone XS (Max)
- iPhone XS (Max) Data
- iPhone XS (Max) Tips
- Switch from Samsung to iPhone XS (Max)
- Transfer photos from Android to iPhone XS (Max)
- Unlock iPhone XS (Max) Without Passcode
- Unlock iPhone XS (Max) Without Face ID
- Restore iPhone XS (Max) from Backup
- iPhone XS (Max) Troubleshooting