iPhone SE/X/XR Won't Turn On? 6 Best Ways for You
It doesn't matter if you've had your iPhone for a few days or years; it can be highly frustrating when your iPhone SE/X/XR won't turn on. You'll want to get your iPhone working again quickly. Fortunately, there are several simple and easy solutions to get your iPhone back up and running in no time.
Whether you're dealing with a battery issue, a software issue, or something else, we have the best solutions that are easy and safe to use. So don't worry; you can get your iPhone running in no time. With the right approach, you can have your iPhone working again.
- Part 1: Why My iPhone SE/X/XR Won't Turn On
- Part 2: How to Fix iPhone SE/X/XR Won't Turn On? Quick Tips
- Part 3: Efficient Ways to Fix iPhone SE/X/XR Won't Turn On
Part 1: Why My iPhone SE/X/XR Won't Turn On
There are several potential causes why your iPhone SE/X/XR won't turn on.
- Operating System Crashed: The operating system of your iPhone SE/X/XR may crash for various reasons, such as a software bug, a virus, or a system overload. This can cause your device to become unresponsive, not turning on.
- iPhone is Stuck: If your iPhone is stuck in some places, such as during an update or reset, it may not be able to start up properly. This can result in an unresponsive device and an inability to turn it on.
- The battery is Dead: If the battery of your iPhone SE/X/XR has completely died, it won't be able to turn on. The battery problem occurs by leaving your device on overnight, too many apps running in the background, or a faulty battery.
- Faulty Apps: If you have installed an app that is not compatible with your device or is buggy, it can cause your iPhone SE/X/XR to not turn on. You face this problem because of apps not from the App Store. Or third-party apps are not compatible with your device.
- Hardware Damage: If your iPhone SE/X/XR has been damaged due to drops, water damage, or other physical damage, it can cause it not to turn on. This can be caused by a faulty component, such as the display, logic board, or battery.
Part 2: How to Fix iPhone SE/X/XR Won't Turn On? Quick Tips
Fixing this issue can be tricky, so the best way is to identify its cause. Here are some quick tips that you can use to get your iPhone SE or X/XR up and running again.
Charge Your iPhone
If your iPhone SE/X/XR won't turn on, you should first check the battery level. If the battery is low, try plugging it into a wall charger for at least 10 minutes to see if it will turn on. This is one of the simplest solutions for an iPhone that won't turn on.
Try the New Charging Accessories
If your iPhone SE/X/XR still doesn't turn on after charging it, you should try using a different charging cable and adapter. If faulty accessories are faulty, it can prevent your iPhone from charging and starting up.
Check the Physical or Water Damage
If your iPhone SE/X/XR has been exposed to water or physical damage, it can cause it not to turn on. If this is the case, you should take it to an authorized repair center to have it checked out. They will be able to diagnose the issue and help you get your iPhone up and running again.
Part 3: Efficient Ways to Fix iPhone SE/X/XR Won't Turn On
Force Restart your iPhone
Force restarting can be one of the most effective ways to fix an iPhone XR that won't turn on. This process will force your iPhone to restart, even if it has been entirely unresponsive. It helps reset the internal settings and return your device to its original state.
- To force restart your iPhone SE/X/XR, press and hold the side and volume buttons until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- After a few seconds, your iPhone should boot up normally.
Delete the Faulty App
This tip is only helpful if the issue starts after installing a new app. If you've recently installed an app that isn't compatible with your device, it may prevent your iPhone from turning on.
Faulty apps can cause many problems, including an iPhone X won't turn on. To delete the apps:
- Go to the App Store and search for the app you want to delete.
- Then, tap the app and select "Delete".
After deleting the app, try restarting your iPhone. If the issue persists, try deleting any other recent apps you may have installed.
Use Recovery Mode
Recovery Mode is a built-in feature on your iPhone that can help you fix many issues. It can be used to restore your iPhone to its original state or to update to the latest version of iOS.
If your iPhone SE/X/XR won't turn on, you can use Recovery Mode to fix the issue. To do this:
- You'll need to connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes.
- Once connected, you'll be able to access the Recovery Mode menu.
From here, you can choose to restore your iPhone or update to the latest version of iOS. After the process is complete, your iPhone should be able to turn on usually. But please have a backup because you will lose data after the recovery mode.
Try DFU Mode
DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode is a more advanced way to restore your iPhone. As the last solution, this method will also delete your data.
- To use DFU mode, you'll need to connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes.
- Once connected, you'll need to press and hold the side and volume buttons for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, release the side button but hold the volume button for another 5 seconds.
- Your iPhone should now be in DFU mode.
Once in DFU mode, you'll be able to use iTunes to restore your iPhone to its original state. After the process is complete, your iPhone should be able to turn on normally.
Dr.Fone-System Repair is a powerful tool that can fix many issues, including an iPhone that won't turn on. It's a simple and effective way to fix a wide range of issues without restoring or updating your device.
Dr.Fone-System Repair is easy to use and can be used to fix many different types of issues with your device. All you need to do is launch the program and get it done in a few clicks. Let's see how:
Step 1: Open the tool and choose the "System Repair" option from the main page.
Step 2: Then, specify the type of smartphone that needs repairing by selecting "iOS".
Step 3: You will be directed to a new page. Select the "iOS Repair" option to repair system issues on the iPhone.
Step 4: Check if the iOS system issues your device is experiencing are included in the list provided on the next screen. If so, click "Repair Now" to move forward. If not, you can still click "Repair Now" and begin recovery.
Step 5: Choose the "Standard Repair" option out of the two choices to continue with iOS repair. This mode will attempt to fix the iOS device while protecting data from being lost.
Step 6: You must put your iOS device in Recovery Mode. Before doing so, connect the device to the computer. Tap on the "Trust" option that appears as a pop-up. Once successful, click "Enter Recovery Mode" to move ahead.
Step 7: Follow the on-screen instructions corresponding to your device model to put the device into Recovery Mode.
Step 8: Once the device is set in Recovery Mode, the platform will automatically detect it.
Step 9: The next window will show a list of different iOS firmware versions available for installation on the iOS device. To install one of them, click "Download" to commence the process.
Step 10: The iOS firmware will begin downloading on the computer, and a progress bar will appear.
Step 11: After the download is complete, the platform will verify the firmware before installing it on the iOS device to prevent any errors.
Step 12: Once the iOS firmware is verified, click the "Repair Now" button to start iOS system recovery.
Step 13: Click "Done" to finish.
Contact Apple Support
If none of the above steps works, you may need to contact Apple Support for help. You can contact them through their website or by phone. Apple Support can help you troubleshoot the issue and provide you with further assistance.
The Bottom Line
If your iPhone SE/X/XR won't turn on, it can be a very frustrating experience. However, you don't have to panic, as several solutions exist to get your iPhone up and running again.
For an easy, safe, and reliable way to fix this issue, we recommend using Wondershare Dr.Fone-System Repair. It's a powerful tool; you only need to launch the program and get it done in a few clicks.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iPhone Hardware Problems
- iPhone Home Button Problems
- iPhone Keyboard Problems
- iPhone Headphone Problems
- iPhone Touch ID Not Working
- iPhone Overheating
- iPhone Flashlight Not Working
- iPhone Silent Switch Not Working
- iPhone Sim Not Supported
- iPhone Software Problems
- iPhone Passcode Not Working
- Google Maps Not Working
- iPhone Screenshot Not Working
- iPhone Vibrate Not Working
- Apps Disappeared From iPhone
- iPhone Emergency Alerts Not Working
- iPhone Battery Percentage Not Showing
- iPhone App Not Updating
- Google Calendar not Syncing
- Health App Not Tracking Steps
- iPhone Auto Lock Not Working
- iPhone Battery Problems
- iPhone Media Problems
- iPhone Echo Problem
- iPhone Camera Black
- iPhone Won't Play Music
- iOS Video Bug
- iPhone Calling Problem
- iPhone Ringer Problem
- iPhone Camera Problem
- iPhone Front Camera Problem
- iPhone Not Ringing
- iPhone Not Sound
- iPhone Mail Problems
- Reset Voicemail Password
- iPhone Email Problems
- iPhone Email Disappeared
- iPhone Voicemail Not Working
- iPhone Voicemail Won't Play
- iPhone Can't get Mail connection
- Gmail Not Working
- Yahoo Mail Not Working
- iPhone Update Problems
- iPhone Stuck at the Apple Logo
- Software Update Failed
- iPhone Verifying Update
- Software Update Server Couldn't Be Contacted
- iOS update Problem
- iPhone Won't Update
- iPhone Connection/Network Problems