Real Case: How I Transferred Messages from Android to iPhone 12/XS (Max) in Seconds
Recently, I got a new iPhone 12/XS (Max) with so much excitement. But, the one thing that was driving me crazy was how to transfer messages from my old Android device to this iPhone 12/XS (Max), as I have always been an Android phone user till then. So, I was scared to transfer anything to the new iPhone and ruin it. You can have numerous solutions to transfer text messages from Android to iPhone 12/XS (Max) after setup.
Well! If you are in a similar situation as me, then I would recommend you go through this article. I have finally opted to import SMS to iPhone 12/XS (Max) from Android.
2 Apps to Transfer Messages from Android to iPhone 12/XS (Max) without Computer
How to transfer Android messages to iPhone 12/XS (Max) using Move to iOS app
The first method to transfer text messages from Android to iPhone 12/XS (Max) is using the official Move to iOS app from Apple. Message history, call logs, contacts, web bookmarks, apps, etc. can be transferred from your Android to any iOS device. Though, I have noticed the app was acting strangely during data transfer. My Wi-Fi got some issues, and Move to iOS couldn’t properly complete the transfer.
Guide for Move to iOS to transfer messages from Android to iPhone 12/XS (Max)
- Download, install, and launch Move to iOS on your Android phone.
- Get the iPhone 12/XS (Max) and configure the setup and then connect to Wi-Fi. Browse to the ‘Apps & Data’ option, click ‘Move Data from Android’ thereafter. Click the ‘Continue’ button and note the passcode.
- On your Android phone, click ‘Continue’ and then press ‘Agree’. When prompted for a passcode, enter the one you got from iPhone 12/XS (Max).
- Ensure that the Android phone is also connected to Wi-Fi. Now, click on ‘Messages’ from the ‘Data Transfer’ option. Click ‘Next’ and wait a while to finish the data transfer. Hit the ‘Done’ button afterward once the iPhone 12/XS (Max) gets synched with these messages, set up your iCloud account, and view the messages.
How to transfer Android messages to iPhone 12/XS (Max) using SMS Backup+
You can learn how to transfer messages from Android to iPhone 12/XS (Max) without a computer using the SMS Backup+ app. It can automatically backup the SMS, call logs, MMS using a different label in Google Calendar and Gmail. Remember that MMS can’t be restored later.
Here is how to transfer messages from Android to iPhone 12/XS (Max) with SMS Backup+:
- Get the Android phone and sign in to your ‘Gmail account’ and press ‘Settings’. Go to ‘Forwarding and POP/IMAP’. Now, tap ‘Enable IMAP’ and click ‘Save Changes’.
- Download SMS Backup+ on your Android device from Google Play Store and launch it. Tap ‘Connect’ choose the recently used Gmail account. Now, allow the app to backup the SMS to your Gmail account and hit ‘Backup’.
- Now, since you’ve backed up your messages to Gmail, you can simply access and view them from any device. Simply launch Gmail with the same account, and you’ll be able to get hold of all your messages right on your iPhone 12/XS (Max).
Note: The messages will be enclosed in an Email attachment. That implies you won’t be able to import your messages to your iMessage app. If you want to transfer SMS to the default messages app, try Dr.Fone - Phone Transfer. It's a one-click and reliable desktop software.
2 Methods to Transfer Messages from Android to iPhone 12/XS (Max) with a PC
How to transfer all messages to iPhone 12/XS (Max) at a time
For transferring messages from your Android phone to iPhone 12/XS (Max), opting for Dr.Fone - Phone Transfer is a great idea. Speak of transferring contacts, photos, music, text messages, etc. from Android to iOS devices or vice versa, it has a proven record of credibility.
This is how to import SMS to iPhone 12/XS (Max) from Android –
Step 1: Download Dr.Fone - Phone Transfer on your PC and then install and launch it. Connect your Android and iPhone 12/XS (Max) using respective USB cables.
Step 2: Hit the ‘Switch’ tab from the Dr.Fone window. Select the Android phone as the source and iPhone 12/XS (Max) as the destination over here. Use the ‘Flip’ button in case you have altered the selection.
Note: Selecting the ‘Clear Data before Copy’ option completely deletes everything from the target.
Step 3: In this section, tap on ‘Messages’ and select the ones you want to selectively transfer. Hit the ‘Start Transfer’ button and then wait a while. Click ‘OK’ once the transfer process is over.
How to transfer only selected messages iPhone 12/XS (Max)
Alternatively, you can opt for Dr.Fone - Phone Manager for selectively transferring messages from your Android phone to your iPhone. Managing your iPhone is easy with such an effective desktop tool.
Quickly and Selectively Transfer Messages from Android to iPhone 12/XS (Max)
- Managing your iPhone data got easier by exporting, delete, and add data with this software.
- It is compatible with the most recent iOS firmware. It requires no internet connectivity to carry out the data transfer.
- When you are looking for a quick transfer of SMS, videos, music, contacts, etc. to your iPhone 12/XS (Max), this tool is a gem.
- The best-known alternative to iTunes to connect your PC and iPhone.
Here comes the guide to import SMS to iPhone 12/XS (Max) from Android selectively:
Step 1: Get Dr.Fone - Phone Manager installed and launched on your PC. Now, press the ‘Phone Manager’ tab.
Step 2: Use respective USB cables to connect your Android and iPhone 12/XS (Max) with the computer and then pick Android as the source device. Then, select the ‘Information’ tab displayed on the top.
Step 3: From the list of messages, choose the desired text messages and hit the ‘Export’ button. Click the ‘Export to device’ button consecutively and complete the process with the onscreen guide.
I hope, this article brought you answers to your messages and data transfer queries. From my own experience, I found Dr.Fone Toolkit as the most viable option. If you are looking for a solution that leads to no data loss, then you can go for either Dr.Fone - Phone Transfer or Dr.Fone - Phone Manager.
iPhone XS (Max)
- iPhone XS (Max) Contacts
- iPhone XS (Max) Music
- Transfer music from Mac to iPhone XS (Max)
- Sync iTunes music to iPhone XS (Max)
- Add ringtones to iPhone XS (Max)
- iPhone XS (Max) Messages
- Transfer messages from Android to iPhone XS (Max)
- Transfer messages from old iPhone to iPhone XS (Max)
- iPhone XS (Max) Data
- iPhone XS (Max) Tips
- Switch from Samsung to iPhone XS (Max)
- Transfer photos from Android to iPhone XS (Max)
- Unlock iPhone XS (Max) Without Passcode
- Unlock iPhone XS (Max) Without Face ID
- Restore iPhone XS (Max) from Backup
- iPhone XS (Max) Troubleshooting