5 Quick Solutions to Fix iPhone Won't Turn Off
“My iPhone won’t turn off even after pressing the power button multiple times. How should I resolve this issue?”
If your iPhone won’t turn off, then don’t worry. You are not the only one! This happens with lots of other iPhone users as well. Lately, we have received feedback from various users who complain that their iPhone frozen won’t turn off. This can be caused due to different reasons. Though, there is an easy fix to it. In this post, we will make you familiar with different ways to resolve the iPhone won’t turn off problem in a stepwise manner.
Part 1: Hard Reset/Force Restart iPhone
If your phone has been stuck and not responding to any action, then one of the best ways to resolve this issue is by resetting it. By force restarting your phone, its power cycle will be broken and you would be able to turn it off afterward. There are different ways to force restart iPhone 7 and other generations.
1. Force restart iPhone 6 and older generations
If you have an iPhone 6 or any other phone of an older generation, then you can force restart it by pressing the Power (wake/sleep) button and the Home button at the same time (for at least 10 seconds). This will make the screen go black. Let go of the buttons when the Apple logo would appear on screen.
2. Force restart iPhone 7/iPhone 7 Plus
Instead of the Home button, long press the Power (wake/sleep) and the Volume Down button at the same time for at least 10 seconds. Follow the same process and let go of the buttons as the Apple logo screen would appear. This technique would be an easy fix to the iPhone frozen won’t turn off problem.
Part 2: Turn off iPhone with AssistiveTouch
If you have enabled the feature of Assistive Touch on your phone and if its touch screen is responsive, then you can easily turn it off. This is one of the easiest solutions to resolve my iPhone won’t turn off problem without causing any damage to your phone or data.
To start with, just tap on the Assistive Touch box on your screen. This will provide various options. Select the “Device” option to access its features. Tap and hold the “Lock Screen” feature. In a few seconds, this will display the power screen. Now, just slide the display in order to turn off your device.
Part 3: Reset All Settings on iPhone
Not many users know that by simply performing a reset of all the settings on your phone, you can force restart it. If your device is frozen, then chances are that this solution might not work. Though, if its Power or Home key is damaged and you are not able to turn it off, then you can simply follow this easy solution.
By resetting all the settings on your phone, your passwords, preferences, and more would be lost. Don’t worry – this will not remove your data files (like pictures, audio, contacts, and more). Nevertheless, the saved preferences on your device would be removed. It is also an easy way to turn your phone off without using any key. Resolve iPhone won’t turn off by resetting its settings while following these steps.
1. Firstly, unlock your phone and visit its Settings > General option.
2. Now, scroll down to the bottom until you find the “Reset” tab. Select it in order to proceed.
3. On this tab, you would get different options regarding erasing your data, resetting it, and more. Tap on the “Reset All Settings” button.
4. A pop-up will appear to confirm your choice. Select the “Reset All Settings” option again in order to perform the needed operation.
Wait for a while as your phone would reset all the saved settings and restart your phone when it’s done.
Part 4: Restore iPhone with iTunes
This is a failsafe solution that works every time iPhone frozen won’t turn off. Though, while restoring your phone with iTunes, you need to ensure that you have already taken a backup of your data via iTunes. If you are a frequent iTunes user then you might already know how iTunes can be used to backup or restore your phone.
Whenever my iPhone won’t turn off, I try to fix it by taking the assistance of iTunes. You can also do the same by following these steps:
1. Launch iTunes on your system and connect your phone to it using an authentic cable. Make sure that you have an updated version of iTunes.
2. If you have put your device in the recovery mode, then iTunes will automatically detect a problem on your device and generate the following message. Tap on the “Restore” button in order to fix this issue.
3. Even without putting your phone into the recovery mode, you can fix it. After when iTunes would be able to recognize your device, select it and visit its “Summary” page. Under the Backup section, click on the “Restore Backup” button.
4. As soon as you would make your selection, iTunes will generate a pop-up message to confirm your choice. Just click on the “Restore” button and resolve the iPhone won’t turn off issue.
Part 5: Go to an iPhone Repair Service Center or Apple Store
If none of the above-mentioned solutions would work, then chances are that there could be a serious issue with your device. Therefore, it is recommended to take your phone to an authorized iPhone service center or an Apple Store. This will resolve your issue without much trouble.
Though, before you proceed, make sure that you have taken a comprehensive backup of your phone. You can always try Dr.Fone iOS Data Backup and Restore to take a complete backup of your device. By this way, you would be able to resolve the iPhone frozen won’t turn off issue without losing your important data files.
Simply follow any preferred option to fix this persisting issue on your device. Now when you know how to resolve my iPhone won’t turn off problem, you would certainly be able to use it without much trouble. If you have any other easy solution to this problem, then share it with our readers as well in the comments.
- iPhone Boot Issues
- iPhone Activation Error
- iPad Struck on Apple Logo
- Fix iPhone/iPad Flashing Apple Logo
- Fix White Screen of Death
- iPod Gets Stuck on Apple Logo
- Fix iPhone Black Screen
- Fix iPhone/iPad Red Screen
- Fix Blue Screen Error on iPad
- Fix iPhone Blue Screen
- iPhone Won't Turn on Past the Apple Logo
- iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo
- iPhone Boot Loop
- iPad Won't Turn On
- iPhone Keeps Restarting
- iPhone Won't Turn Off
- Fix iPhone Won't Turn On
- Fix iPhone Keeps Turning Off