6 Solutions to Fix iPhone Blue Screen of Death
Getting an iPhone blue screen can be a nightmare for plenty of Apple users. It usually happens when a device is bricked and becomes non-responsive. Most of the times, even an unstable update or a malware attack can also cause the iPhone blue screen of death. Thankfully, there are plenty of ways to fix this issue as well. If your iPhone 6 blue screen or any other device, then don’t worry. Simply go through these solutions to fix the iPhone blue screen problem.
- Part 1: Hard reset iPhone to fix iPhone blue screen
- Part 2: Update/Delete the Apps which might cause the blue screen of death
- Part 3: Are iWork apps causing the blue screen?
- Part 4: How to fix iPhone blue screen without data loss?
- Part 5: Update iOS to fix iPhone blue screen
- Part 6: Restore iPhone in DFU mode
Part 1: Hard reset iPhone to fix iPhone blue screen
This is undoubtedly one of the best ways to know how to resolve the iPhone blue screen problem. If you are lucky, then you can fix this issue by forcefully restarting your phone. This breaks the present power cycle of your device and performs a hard reset. In the end, your phone would be restarted in the normal mode.
1. For iPhone 6s and older generation devices
1. Long press the Home and Power (wake/sleep) button at the same time.
2. Ideally, after holding the button for ten seconds, the screen will go black and your phone would be restarted.
3. Let go of the buttons when the Apple logo would appear.
2. For iPhone 7 & iPhone 7 Plus
1. Press the Volume Down and Power (wake/sleep) button simultaneously.
2. Keep holding the buttons for at least 10 seconds till the phone’s screen will go black.
3. As your phone would be restarted in normal mode, let go of the buttons.
Part 2: Update/Delete the Apps which might cause the blue screen of death
After restarting your phone, you should take a few added measures to avoid the occurrence of iPhone blue screen of death. It has been observed that a faulty or unsupported app can also cause the iPhone 6 blue screen to appear. Therefore, you can update or delete these apps to resolve this issue.
1. Update related apps
To update a single app, just visit the App Store on your phone and tap on the “Updates” section. This will display a list of all the apps that are available for an update. Tap on the app you wish to update and select the “Update” button.
You can also update all the apps at the same time as well. To do this, just tap on the “Update All” option (located at the top). This will update all the apps to a stable version.
2. Delete apps
If you think there are a few faulty apps on your device that are causing the iPhone 5s blue screen, then it is better to get rid of these apps. Deleting an app from your phone is pretty easy. Just tap and hold the icon of the app you wish to uninstall. Afterward, tap on the “x” icon at its top to delete it. This will generate a pop-up message. Confirm your choice by selecting the “Delete” button.
Part 3: Are iWork apps causing the blue screen?
When it comes to the iPhone 5s blue screen, it is observed that the iWork suite (Pages, Numbers, and Keynote) can also cause this problem. If you are working on one of the iWork apps and have been multitasking or switching from one app to another, then it might hang your phone and cause the iPhone blue screen of death.
The best way to resolve this issue is to make sure that you dedicatedly work on an iWork app without multitasking. Additionally, you can simply update these apps (or your iOS version) to overcome this problem as well.
Part 4: How to fix iPhone blue screen without data loss?
One of the best ways to fix the iPhone blue screen without experiencing any data loss on your device is by using Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS). It is an extremely secure and easy to use application that can recover your phone from the iPhone blue screen of death. Not just that, it can also be used to fix plenty of other issues like error 53, error 9006, device stuck in recovery mode, reboot loop, etc.
Fix iPhone system error without data loss.
- Only fix your iOS to normal, no data loss at all.
- Fix various iOS system issues stuck in recovery mode, white Apple logo, black screen, looping on start, etc.
- Fixes other iPhone error and iTunes errors, such as iTunes error 4013, error 14, iTunes error 27,iTunes error 9 and more.
- Works for all models of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Fully compatible with the latest iOS 11.
A part of the Dr.Fone toolkit, it is available for Windows and Mac and has a full compatibility with every leading iOS version. You can simply use this application to fix iPhone 6 blue screen while retaining your data. All you got to do is launch the application, connect your phone to the system, and follow the on-screen instructions to reboot your phone in the normal mode.
Part 5: Update iOS to fix iPhone blue screen
It is observed that an unstable version of iOS also causes this issue. If you are using a faulty or unsupported version of iOS on your device, then it is better to update it in order to avoid or fix the iPhone blue screen.
If your phone is responsive and you are able to put it in the normal mode, then you can update its iOS version easily. All you got to do is visit its Settings > General > Software Update to check for an update. Now, just tap on the “Download and Install” button to update your device.
In case your phone is not responsive, then put it in recovery mode and take the assistance of iTunes to update it. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Launch iTunes on your system and connect it with a lightning/USB cable.
2. Long press the Home button on your device and while holding it, connect it to the other end of the cable.
3. This will display the iTunes symbol on its screen. Let go of the Home button and let iTunes recognize your phone.
4. It will generate the following pop-up. Click on the “Update” button to update the iOS version on your device.
Part 6: Restore iPhone in DFU mode
If nothing else seems to work, then put your device in the DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode to resolve the iPhone 5s blue screen. Though, while doing so, all the data on your device would be deleted. Nevertheless, after updating the firmware on your device, you can resolve the iPhone blue screen of death. All you got to do is follow these steps.
1. To start with, hold the Power button on your phone (for at least 3 seconds).
2. Now, hold the Power and Home button at the same time (for another 15 seconds).
3. While still holding the Home button, release the Power button on your device.
4. Now, connect it to iTunes as your phone will display the “connect to iTunes” symbol.
5. After launching iTunes, select your device and under the “Summary” tab, click on the “Restore” button.
After following these stepwise instructions, you would be able to resolve the iPhone 6 blue screen for sure. Though, while implementing some of these solutions, you might end up losing your crucial data files as well. We recommend using Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS) to fix iPhone blue screen and that too without losing any data. Go ahead and give it a try and let us know about your experience in the comments.
- iPhone Boot Issues
- iPhone Activation Error
- iPad Struck on Apple Logo
- Fix iPhone/iPad Flashing Apple Logo
- Fix White Screen of Death
- iPod Gets Stuck on Apple Logo
- Fix iPhone Black Screen
- Fix iPhone/iPad Red Screen
- Fix Blue Screen Error on iPad
- Fix iPhone Blue Screen
- iPhone Won't Turn on Past the Apple Logo
- iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo
- iPhone Boot Loop
- iPad Won't Turn On
- iPhone Keeps Restarting
- iPhone Won't Turn Off
- Fix iPhone Won't Turn On
- Fix iPhone Keeps Turning Off