4 Solutions to Fix iPhone Red Screen of Death
The iPhone red screen is a dreaded situation that is faced by plenty of iOS users. Recently, when my iPhone 8/iPhone 13 stuck on red battery screen, I got pretty concerned. This got me searching for different solutions to fix the red light on iPhone problem. If you are also getting the iPhone 5s red screen, iPhone 6 red screen, or iPhone 11/12/13 red screen, then this would be the last guide that you will read. I have learned from my experience and have come up with 4 solutions for the red Apple logo stuck on iPhone screen or the red screen of death.
Part 1: Reasons for iPhone red screen of death
Before we discuss various solutions for iPhone red screen, it is important to know what caused this issue. There could be plenty of hardware or software reasons for the iPhone 6 red screen problem.
- If your phone has got a bad update, then it can cause iPhone red screen.
- A faulty battery or any other crucial hardware issue can also be one of the reasons for it.
- If the SIM tray has not been inserted properly, then it can display red light on iPhone.
- The iPhone 5s' red screen can also be caused when a device is attacked by a malware.
No matter what caused the iPhone 6 stuck on red battery screen, it can be solved by following the listed suggestions.
Part 2: Force restart to fix iPhone red screen
One of the best solutions to fix the red apple logo problem on iPhone is force restarting it. Since it resets the current power cycle of the device, it can fix most of the common issues associated with it. There are different ways to force restart an iPhone, which depends on the generation of the phone you are using.
iPhone 6 and older generations
If your phone is stuck on red Apple logo, press the Home and the Power (wake/sleep) button at the same time. Keep pressing both the buttons for at least 10 seconds. The phone will be restarted forcefully.
iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus
Instead of the Home button, press the Volume Down button and the Power (wake/sleep) button. Keep pressing both the buttons at the same time for at least 10 seconds until your phone would be restarted.
iPhone 8, iPhone SE, iPhone X, and newer generations
To force restart the iPhone, press and quickly release the Volume Up button, and then press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Finally, you need to press the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Part 3: Update the iPhone to the latest iOS
Most of the times, the iPhone 13/X/8 red screen problem is caused due to a bad iOS version. To resolve this issue, you can just update your device to a stable version of iOS. Since your device’s screen would not be functioning properly, you have to take the assistance of iTunes to do this. Just follow these steps to solve iPhone red screen.
1. Start by launching an updated version of iTunes on your computer.
2. Now, connect your iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes.
3. As iTunes will detect it, you can select your iPhone from the list of connected devices.
4. Go to its “Summary” section from the left panel.
5. On the right, you can see various options. Click on the “Check for Updates” button.
6. If there is a stable version of iOS available, you will be notified. Simply click on the “Update” button and confirm your choice to update your device to a stable iOS version.
Part 4: Fix iPhone red screen without data loss with Dr.Fone - System Repair
If you are looking for a safe and easy solution to fix the red light on iPhone or iPhone 6 stuck on red battery screen, then give Dr.Fone - System Repair a try. It is used to resolve almost every kind of iOS-related issue in seconds. From the screen of death to a malfunctioning device, you can fix every major issue related to your iPhone or iPad with this tool. It is compatible with all the major versions of iOS (including iOS 15) and provides a fix to iPhone 13/X/8 red screen without causing any data loss. All you need to do is follow these steps:
Fix iPhone system error without data loss.
1. Firstly, download Dr.Fone - System Repair and install it on your computer. Launch it whenever you need to fix iPhone red screen and click on the option of “System Repair” from its home screen.
2. Afterward, connect your iPhone to the system. Click on the “Standard Mode” button to initiate the process.
3. On the next screen, the interface will display crucial information related to your device (like its model, system version, etc.). Confirm this and click on the “Start” button.
If your iPhone is not detected by Dr.Fone, following the on-screen instructions, put your device in DFU mode. For older generation devices, hold the Home and Power button at the same time (for 10 seconds). Release the Power button while still holding the Home button till your device enters the DFU mode. For iPhone 7 and newer generations, press the Volume Down button instead of the Home button.
4. Now, you need to provide relevant information related to your device to download its firmware update. Click on the “Download” button to proceed.
5. Wait for a while as the relevant firmware update would be downloaded on your system. Make sure that the device would stay connected to the computer.
6. After completing the firmware download, you will get a screen like this. Just click on the “Fix Now” button to resolve any issue related to your device.
7. Sit back and wait for a while as it might take some time to fix iPhone's red screen. Once it is done, you will be notified. Now, you can disconnect your iPhone or apply for another try as well.
Part 5: Restore iPhone in Recovery Mode
If nothing else would seem to work, then you can also resolve the iPhone red screen by putting it in recovery mode. Though, while doing so, all your data and saved settings would be lost. You can resolve iPhone 5/13 stuck on red battery screen by following these steps:
Step 1. Make sure you are using the latest version of iTunes or your Mac is up to date.
Step 2. Open iTunes on a computer with Windows OS or on a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier, or open Finder on a Mac with macOS Catalina.
Step 3. Keep your phone connected and follow the steps below to put the iPhone into recovery mode:
For iPhone 8 and later generations
Press and quickly release the Volume up button, and then press and quickly release the Volume down button, finally, press and hold the side button until you see the recovery mode screen that looks like below.
For iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus
1. Press and hold the Volume Down button and the top (or side) buttons on your iOS device at the same time.
2. As the iTunes symbol will appear on the screen, let go of the buttons.
For iPhone 6s and earlier generations
1. Press and hold the Home button and the top (or side) button on your device.
2. Let go of the buttons when you will see an iTunes symbol on the device.
Step 4. After your iPhone is in recovery mode, iTunes will automatically detect it and display the following message. Just click "Restore" to restore your device to fix the iPhone red screen issue.
By following these suggestions, you would certainly be able to fix the iPhone 5s red screen, iPhone 13 red screen, or red apple logo on your device. Out of all these solutions, Dr.Fone Repair provides the most secure and effective way to resolve red light on iPhone problem. Feel free to give it a try and make the most of your iOS device.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iPhone Boot Issues
- iPhone Activation Error
- iPad Struck on Apple Logo
- Fix iPhone/iPad Flashing Apple Logo
- Fix White Screen of Death
- iPod Gets Stuck on Apple Logo
- Fix iPhone Black Screen
- Fix iPhone/iPad Red Screen
- Fix Blue Screen Error on iPad
- Fix iPhone Blue Screen
- iPhone Won't Turn on Past the Apple Logo
- iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo
- iPhone Boot Loop
- iPad Won't Turn On
- iPhone Keeps Restarting
- iPhone Won't Turn Off
- Fix iPhone Won't Turn On
- Fix iPhone Keeps Turning Off