5 Solutions to Fix My iPad Won't Turn On
Over the last few years, Apple has come up with various generations of iPad. Some of the recent devices have plenty of high-end specifications and features, making them an instant favorite among users. Nevertheless, every now and then iPad users raise a few issues regarding their respective devices. For instance, the iPad won’t turn on problem is a common one that is faced by plenty of users.
Whenever my iPad won’t turn on, there are a few techniques that I implement to resolve this issue. In this guide, I will make you familiar with 5 easy ways to fix the iPad won’t turn on problem.
Part 1: Check iPad Hardware and Accessories
Firstly, make sure that there is no hardware issue with your iPad. If you are not using an authentic cable, then it might create charging or battery issues with your device (as it won’t provide enough power to turn your iPad on). At the same time, you need to ensure that your iPad battery is functioning without any flaw.
There are times when the charging port also seems to malfunction. Whenever my iPad won’t turn on, I make sure that it is able to charge without any trouble. If there is a problem with a socket, then you can charge your device somewhere else as well. Clean its charging port and ensure that there is no physical damage before following various other options to fix it.
Fix iPhone system error without data loss.
- Only fix your iOS to normal, no data loss at all.
- Fix various iOS system issues stuck in recovery mode, white Apple logo, black screen, looping on start, etc.
- Fixes other iPhone error and iTunes errors, such as iTunes error 4013, error 14, iTunes error 27,iTunes error 9 and more.
- Works for all models of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Fully compatible with the latest iOS 13.
Part 2: Force Restart the iPad
If your iPad is charged and still not able to turn on, then you need to take a few extra measures in order to restart it. One of the easiest solution to fix the iPad won’t turn on problem is by restarting it. You can force restart your iPad by providing the correct key combinations.
To force restart your iPad, press the Power button (located at the top right corner in most of the devices) and the Home button at the same time. Make sure that you press both the buttons simultaneously. Keep pressing them for at least 10 seconds till your iPad would vibrate and display an Apple logo on the screen. This will force restart your iPad and resolve the power cycle issue that you would be facing.
Part 3: Put iPad into Recovery Mode
If you are not able to fix the iPad won’t turn on problem by force restarting it, then chances are that you need to walk an extra mile. One of the most feasible solutions is taking the assistance of iTunes while putting your iPad into recovery mode. By doing so, you would be able to fix this issue on your iPad.
After putting your iPad into recovery mode, you can connect it to iTunes in order to restore or update it. By choosing either of these options, you would be able to resolve this issue. I was able to fix my iPad won’t turn on problem by following these steps:
1. To start with, launch iTunes on your system and connect a USB/lightning cable to it. As of now, leave the other end of the cable unplugged. Beforehand, make sure that you have an updated version of iTunes.
2. Now, while pressing the Home button on your iPad, connect it to your system. Keep pressing the Home button, until iTunes would recognize your device. You will get a connect-to-iTunes screen on your iPad as well.
3. After detecting your iPad, iTunes will analyze the error and provide the following display message. You can simply restore your device or update it in order to fix this issue.
Part 4: Set iPad to DFU Mode
Not just Recovery Mode, you can also put your iPad into DFU Mode to resolve the iPad won’t turn on issue. DFU stands for Device Firmware Update and is mostly used by a device when it updates to a new version of iOS. Nevertheless, one can put iPad into the DFU Mode to resolve a persisting issue like this. To do this, follow these steps:
1. To start with, connect your iPad with a lightning/USB cable and don’t connect the other end to your system yet. Now, hold the Power (wake/sleep) and the Home button on your iPad at the same time.
2. Make sure that you hold both the buttons at the same time for at least 10 seconds or until the Apple logo would appear on the screen.
3. Now, release the Power button while still holding the Home button for another 10-15 seconds.
This will put your device into DFU mode. Now, you can connect it to iTunes and update its firmware to turn it on.
Part 5: Restore iPad with iTunes
You might already know the various applications of iTunes. Not just to manage your music, iTunes can also be used to backup or restore an iOS device. If you have already taken a backup of your iPad with iTunes, then you can follow the same drill and restore it. This will help you fix several issues related to your iPad. In order to fix iPad won’t turn on issue with iTunes, follow these steps.
1. Connect your iPad to your system and launch iTunes on it. Make sure that you are using an updated version of iTunes. Wait for a while as iTunes will automatically recognize your device.
2. Now, select your device and visit its “Summary” page. From the Backup section, click on the option of “Restore Backup”.
3. This will generate another pop-up window. Simply click on the “Restore” button to agree to it and wait for a while as iTunes will restore your iPad.
After following this technique, you would end up losing your device’s data, but your iPad would be turned on in no time.
If none of the above-mentioned solutions would work, then fix the iPad won’t turn on problem by visiting a nearby Apple Store. Simply go to an authorized iPad repairing center or an official Apple Store to fix my iPad won’t turn on problem. You can locate a nearby Apple store from here. Though, we are sure that after following these suggestions, you would be able to resolve this issue on your iPad. Give your preferred option a try and use your favorite iOS device without any hassle.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iPhone Boot Issues
- iPhone Activation Error
- iPad Struck on Apple Logo
- Fix iPhone/iPad Flashing Apple Logo
- Fix White Screen of Death
- iPod Gets Stuck on Apple Logo
- Fix iPhone Black Screen
- Fix iPhone/iPad Red Screen
- Fix Blue Screen Error on iPad
- Fix iPhone Blue Screen
- iPhone Won't Turn on Past the Apple Logo
- iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo
- iPhone Boot Loop
- iPad Won't Turn On
- iPhone Keeps Restarting
- iPhone Won't Turn Off
- Fix iPhone Won't Turn On
- Fix iPhone Keeps Turning Off