Instagram Tutorial: How to Change Instagram Region/Country on Instagram?
Instagram is a popular social media platform that allows users to connect, share, and discover content from around the world. While Instagram automatically detects and sets your region based on your device's settings and location, there may be instances where you want to change your Instagram region or country setting.
For instance, if you are planning to relocate to a new city or a country, you would need to connect with people there to socialize and learn about their language, culture, and other things. So, before moving to a new place, you can try connecting with people by changing your Instagram location. This article will guide you on how to change location on Instagram, providing you with the flexibility to access location-specific features and content.
Part 1: Why Change Your Instagram Region/Country Setting?
1. Access Location-Specific Features: Instagram sometimes offers location-specific features, such as localized filters, stickers, or special events. By changing your region, you can access these features and enhance your Instagram experience.
2. Discover Content from Different Locations: If you are interested in exploring content from a specific country or region, changing your region setting allows you to discover posts, accounts, and trends that are popular in that location. It can help you connect with users and communities from around the world.
3. Connect with Users in a New Location: If you are planning to move to a different country or have recently relocated, changing your region on Instagram can help you connect with local users and communities in your new location. It can be an excellent way to discover local events, and businesses, and engage with the local community.
4. Overcome Regional Restrictions: In some cases, certain features or content on Instagram may be restricted in specific regions due to legal or regulatory requirements. By changing your region, you may be able to access content or features that are not available in your current location.
Part 2: How to Add a Custom Location on Instagram [iOS & Android]
Instagram can be accessed from Android and iOS devices, and the method to add a new location for them is enlisted below.
Method 1: Change Instagram location manually (iOS & Android)
- Step 1. Open Instagram on your Android or iOS device, upload the desired image of the video, and edit them using filters as needed.
- Step 2. Next, click on the Add Location button.
- Step 3. Tap on the Share button to save the location for the post.
- Alternatively, you can also use any public event on Facebook to use it as a location.
Method 2: Change country region on Instagram with Dr.Fone - Virtual Location (iOS & Android)
When you manually change the Instagram location, it is done for the selected post. So, to change your overall location for Instagram, Dr.Fone - Virtual Location works as an excellent tool for choosing a place for all GPS-based apps, including Instagram. Additionally, the software supports simulating the GPS movement along the route, importing and exporting the GPX files, and more.
Steps on how to change the region on Instagram location using Dr. Fone-Virtual Location
Step 1. On your desktop, launch the Dr.Fone - Virtual Location software.
Step 2. Next, select Virtual Location on the main software interface and connect your iPhone or Android device to the computer. After the device is connected, click on the Get Start button.
Step 3. The present location of your device will now appear in the software window.
Step 4. Activate the teleport mode by clicking its icon present at the top-right corner. Select the desired location and tap on the Move Here option.
Step 5. The location of the connected device will now change to the one selected, and your Instagram location will also alter with this.
FAQ: All you wanna know about: Instagram Region/location change
1. How do I turn off my location activity on Instagram?
To turn off your location services on Instagram, go to the device settings and click on Privacy > Location services. Move down to Instagram and never select for the location access.
2. Why does my location disappear on Instagram?
When you do not allow the app to use the location settings, the location feature on Instagram will not work, and your location will disappear.
3. Why does it say Instagram music isn’t in my region?
This message appears when Instagram does not have the license to play the music in your region.
4. How to set location on Instagram bio
To add a location to your bio on a business account, follow the steps below.
- Launch Instagram and click on the profile icon.
- At the bio-information of the account, choose the Edit profile option.
- Choose Contact Options under Public Business Information.
- To add a desired location, choose the Business Address text box.
- Enter the street address, town, and zip code.
- After entering all the details, click on the Done button to confirm and then tap on Save.
- Instagram Save
- 1. Download Instagram Stories on PC
- 2. Download Instagram Videos on PC
- 3. Download Private Instagram Video
- 4. Save Instagram Photos to Android
- Instagram Password
- 1. Recover Instagram Password
- 2. Hack Someone's Instagram Account
- 3. Top Instagram Password Crackers
- Instagram Business
- Instagram on PC
- 1. Upload Photos to Instagram from PC
- 2. Upload Video to Instagram from PC
- 3. View Instagram Messages on PC
- 4. Download Instagram for Windows
- Instagram Tircks
- 1. Tricks of Instagram Reels
- 2. Instagram Has Stopped
- 3. Get Your Instagram Account Back
- 4. Change Region/Country on Instagram
- Other Social Apps Tips
- 1. Backup WhatsApp to PC
- 2. WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
- 3. Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Message
- 4. Download Kik Messenger App for PC
- 5. Fix Common LINE App Problems
- 6. Find Facebook Password
- 7. Save Snap chats Secretively
- 8. Facebook Dating Is Not Working
- 9. Record Viber Calls on PC/Mobile
- 10. Recover WeChat Account / History