How to Hide/Fake Snapchat Location on Your iPhone /Android
The GPS functionality is very prominent these days. Especially when various apps or websites are making use of your geological location to deliver more relevant content. Be it, social networking apps or the gaming apps, for instance Snapchat, Pokemon Go respectively.
Talking about the Snapchat, this app offers you different badges and filters depending upon your Geological location. It actually utilizes the GPS feature of your device to determine where you are located. This can sometimes be annoying as you may wish to access a filter or badge that is not available at your Geological location. Now, this is where you need Snapchat spoof location app.Younot only can hide your actual location from Snapchat. Instead, cast a fake location on Snapchat map and eventually, you can easily access the badges/filters as per your convenience!
Sounds interesting, right? Let’s understand more about the tutorials on “how to hide/fake location on Snapchat map.
Part 1. What Snapchat is using your location for?
Snapchat basically utilizes your location for the SnapMap feature that furnishes the location-based filters etc. over your device.This SnapMap feature was unveiled in 2017. If you haven’t deliberately enabled it yet or you’re unaware about this feature, implies that you’re still “off the grid”. If you wish to enable this feature, you literally need to authorize the SnapChat “3x times” and the last, forth one to authorize your device.
With the SnapMap feature enabled, you can easily get to know about the whereabouts of your friends and in turn, there’re allowed to know yours. As long as the Snapchat app is running over your screen, the SnapMap location of your Bitmoji gets updated dynamically. But as soon as you quit the app, the last know location of your Bitmoji is displayed over the SnapMap.
Part 2. Why people want to hide/fake location on Snapchat?
When it comes to fakesnapchat location there can be several reasons behind that. Here some scenarios where people do wish to hide/fake location on Snapchat. Let’s explore.
- Sometimes, you may wish to utilize the cute filter that you saw your favorite celebrity putting up when he/she was in Sydney, Australia (or any other location).
- Or, you may wish to simply spoof location snapchat for fun and be popular among your friends that you know some really cool tricks.
- Perhaps, you wish to stay ahead one step ahead in the dating game. For instance, you’re planning to move to a location a hundred miles away, and wish to have a person to spend quality time with when your reach there.
- Another reason that is an absolute fun to trick people into believing that you’re spending your leisure time on an expensive tour. For instance, you can check in to a classy restaurant (you’ve never been to in real) in Dubai by mocking the GPS location.
- Even better for the kids who wish to fake GPS location to hide their real location over the location-sharing SnapMap feature from their parents, family or friends.
Part 3. How to hide location on Snapchat
When it comes to disabling or hiding the location on Snapchat, the tutorial is extremely easy. The Snapchat itself offers you a setting called Ghost mode. You just need to enable it. Here’s how to get it done.
- First, get into the Snapchat app and then visit either the Discover screen or the Camera or Friends.Next, tap on the magnifying glass and hit on Map.
- As soon as the SnapMap screen loads up, you need to access the settings by hitting the Gear icon on the top right corner.
- Then, make use of the settings to setup your privacy and hit on the “Ghost Mode” toggle switch to turn it on. A pop up window will appear with 3 different settings:
- 3 hours : Ghost mode is turned on for 3 straight hours.
- 24 hours : Ghost mode is turned on for 24 straight hours.
- Until Turned Off : Ghost mode is turned on until you manually turn it off.
Part 4. How to fake Snapchat location on iPhone
4.1. Change Snapchat location to anywhere using a Smart Tool (easy)
You can easily spoof location on Snapchat using the tool dr.fone – Virtual Location (iOS). This tool is easy to operate and works perfectly when it comes to spoofing any location. Here is how to work with this.
4,039,074 people have downloaded it
Step 1: To begin with this Snapchat location spoofer, simply head to the official website of dr.fone – Virtual Location (iOS). Download the software package from there and then install it afterwards.
Step 2: After successful downloading, open the tool. Now, you need to opt for the “Virtual Location” module from the main interface. Post doing this, click on “Get Started” button.
Step 3: You could notice the current actual location of yours on the map in the next window. If you can’t, simply go to the “Center On” icon available in the lower right side of the screen. Click on it and it will show the accurate location of yours.
Step 4: It’s time to activate the “teleport mode”. And to do this, all you need is to click on the third icon given at the upper right side. After this, you need to enter the location where you desire to teleport in the blank field given on the upper left. Hit on “Go” when you’re done.
Step 5: A few moments later, the system will perceive the desired location you have entered. A pop-up box will come where the distance will be shown. Click on “Move Here” option in the box.
Step 6: This is it! The location has been changed to the desired one now. Now, whenever you click the “Center On” icon, you will see the new location.
Also, in your iOS device, you can now Fake Snapchat location or in any other location-based app.
4.2. Change Snapchat Location using Xcode (complex)
Now, if we talk about fake location for snapchat map on iPhone, it’snot as easy as it looks. You need to be extremely tech savvy person in order to fakesnapchat location without jailbreaking your iPhone. You simply can’t download a snapchat location spoofer app over your iPhone and fake it. But fret not, we’re glad to bring you the detailed tutorial with which you can easily perform location spoofing on Snapchat and that too, without jailbreaking your iPhone.
Step 1: Install Xcode and Set up a Dummy app
- Grab your Mac computer first and then head over to the App store. Now, look for Xcode application and get it installed over your computer.
- Once the application is installed, launch it over. The Xcode window will come up over your screen. Now, setup a new project and select “single view application”followed by hitting “Next”.
- Then, give a name to your project, for instance “GeoSpy” and hit on “Next” button.
Step 2: Setup GIT on Xcode
- On the upcoming screen, Xcode will throw up a pop up message stating “Please tell me who you are” and some GIT commands that you need to execute.
- For this, fire up the “Terminal”over your Mac and then execute the commands as follows:
- git config --global user.email "email@example.com"
- git config --global user.name "your name"
Note: Change the values for “firstname.lastname@example.org”and “your name” with your information.
Step 3: Move Bitmoji
Now, you’re all set to fake location for snapchat map. For this, simply hit on the “Debug”menu and then opt for “Simulate Location” from the drop down window. Lastly, select the location from list as per your preference and you’re done.
Part 5. How to fake Snapchat location on Android
Last but not the least, the next method to fake Snapchat locationis for Android devices. For this, you need to download asnapchat spoof app (easily available over Google Play Store) over your Android device. Here’s all that you need to do.
- Head to the Google Play Store and then look for “fake GPS”app. You may be provided with several similar options, be it free or paid. If you get along with any other app, it may require your Android device to be rooted.
- You need to opt for “Fakegps free” app for Snapchat. As this app doesn’t require you to root your Android. But ensure that you are running on Android version 6.0 or higher.
- Install the Fake GPS Free app for Snapchat and then launch it afterwards. On the mainscreen, you’ll be asked to“ENABLE MOCK LOCATIONS”. Hit on it and you’ll be redirected to the“Developer options” screen.
- Here, you need to simply tap on “Select Mock location App” option and opt for the “FakeGPS Free” from the list of options appearing.
- Once done with enabling mock location, hit the back button on your touch screen to retreat back to the Fake GPS Free app.
- Now, hit on the “Search” icon over the top to find the desired location. Or, simply double tap over the map on your desired location to drop the pin.
- Lastly, hit the “play” button available over the right bottom of your screen to activate the fake gps location for Snapchat.
Note: You may need to enable the “Developer options” first to access these settings. For this, head to the “Settings”>“About Phone”> hit on “Build Number” – x7 times.
While reaching towards the end of the article, we are pretty sure that you now fully understood what it takes to fake Snapchat location on Android or iPhone. The aforementioned ways are fully tested and works even without rooting or jailbreaking your devices respectively. Happy Spoofing!
- Reviews about GPS spoofers
- Spoof Pokemon Go
- Fake GPS for Pokemon Go
- Spoof Pokemon Go on iPhone
- Best 7 Pokemon Go spoofers for iOS
- Android Pokemon Go spoofing tricks
- Fake GPS on Android Pokemon Go
- Teleport in Pokemon Go
- Hatch Pokemon eggs without moving
- Pokemon Go walking hack
- Use Joystick to play Pokemon Go
- Change device location
- Fake GPS on iPhone
- Fake GPS on Android
- Best 10 mock location apps
- Mock location on Android
- Location spoofers for Android
- Mock GPS on Samsung
- Protect location privacy