WeChat has become one of the best social media apps in many countries. Its popularity is still increasing because of the amazing features provided in one single app. There are more than 1 billion active users of WeChat. It is quite common that when you use an application, you store all your data on that app and it is important that you keep a backup of all your data in case you delete your message by mistake.
As WeChat is also used in businesses, it contains a lot of data which is important to the users. Losing any of the data can cost a person their job, and hence it is important to keep a recovery of your WeChat account and history. Either you want to recover deleted WeChat conversation or want to know how to recover deleted WeChat account; you will find your solutions in this article.
Part 1. 4 Ways to Recover WeChat Account
Do you want to recover deleted WeChat account? In case your WeChat account is blocked unexpectedly, at first you must find out the reason why it is blocked and then try to find the possible ways on how to recover your WeChat account.
If it is blocked temporarily, then you will be able to recover your account with a few methods. But if it is blocked permanently, then you have to create a new user id for WeChat because you won’t be able to recover deleted WeChat contact, messages or account.
Why WeChat Account is Blocked?
People often search for how to recover my WeChat account without even evaluating the reason that led to the blocking of account. There are many factors that affect the online platforms.
A WeChat account can be blocked because of issues such as:
- Using Unofficial channels to download the WeChat.
- Use of non-official plug-ins or an Android Emulator to run WeChat.
- You have been reported because of sending some inappropriate content, vicious materials, annoying ads, scams, or rumors.
- If you are using a virtual phone number instead of a real one. This means you are accessing WeChat using some other account such as Skype, Google voice, Nexmo, etc.
- Violation of the terms of Service of WeChat.
The various options available to recover WeChat account are explained further in the article. You can use any of the recommended methods for recovery. The best-suited methods for WeChat account recovery are discussed below.
Method 1: Re-Install the Official WeChat App
If WeChat account recovery is not working, then try re-installing the app. Re-Installing the WeChat account will reset all your existing settings and account details. This will help you in WeChat id recovery to recover your account if it is blocked. Carry out the steps like this:
- Step 1. Close the WeChat application on your device.
- Step 2. In the settings menu, select general settings, and open the application manager of the device.
- Step 3. In the application manager, select WeChat and delete the cache files and data of the application.
- Step 4. After clearing all the data, uninstall WeChat from your device.
- Step 5. Make sure that you have no data left of WeChat on your device in the file manager. Now restart your phone.
- Step 6. After it switches back on, go to the play store and re-install the WeChat application.
- Step 7. Now you will be able to access your WeChat account again as it is unblocked now.
Method 2: In-App Recovery Operations
You can also carry out WeChat recovery of deleted account from the WeChat settings options. Just follow the few steps described below and your account will be unblocked.
- Step 1. Launch the app on your device and click on the Forgot password option.
- Step 2. Once you select the Forgot password another page will appear. On that page select the security center.
- Step 3. Now tap on the Unblock Account or Features option, and your account will be automatically unblocked.
Method 3: WeChat Account Recovery on the Web
If WeChat account recovery is not working from the above method, then there is another verified option you can select to recover your WeChat account.
- Step 1. Go to the Application Support Page of WeChat.
- Step 2. On the page, you will have to fill information regarding your accounts, such as ID type, Phone number, Email, or QQ ID. It is recommended that you choose the phone number for your ID.
- Step 3. Select the country and phone number and get the verification code for recovery. You will receive the code on your mobile number.
- Step 4. Enter the verification code and captcha. Let the web complete the process and once the process is complete, your account will be recovered.
Method 4: Contact WeChat Support Center
If all the WeChat account recovery failed, then it is time to contact the officials of the WeChat team. Follow the step by step guide as:
- Step 1. Go to the support page for unblocking your account.
- Step 2. Select your device’s Operating System in the section which says Platform. You can perform the same steps on both Android and iOS devices.
- Step 3. Choose the country in the region section and in the categories section, select Account Security.
- Step 4. Close to the categories section, you will find a select option. Choose the Account Blocked option in it.
- Step 5. Then, in the description explain in detail why your account has been blocked and give details about your account such as Phone number, username, email id, etc. and finally request WeChat to unblock your account.
You might have to wait for some time until the WeChat deleted account recovery support team respond to your request. Once they process your request, you will get a notification and then a confirmation if your account is unblocked.
Now you certainly know how to recover old WeChat account or deleted WeChat account with simple and easy methods.
Part 2. 4 Ways to Recover WeChat history
Sometimes, we delete the messages by mistake which were important to us. In such cases, every user will require a method which can help them to recover all the data that they lost by accident. Here on after, the 4 best methods to recover WeChat history are explained in brief. These various methods are explained to tell you how to recover WeChat history without going through much trouble.
Method 1: Recover WeChat History from the Backup Online
This is the general method to recover the old or deleted chat history of WeChat. This method is applicable for both Android and iOS devices. Just give this method a try, and you might recover deleted WeChat messages.
- Step 1. In your phone, open the WeChat app and select the ‘Me’ tab.
- Step 2. In there, go to the settings and click on Chat option. Now select the Chat History.
- Step 3. There you will see an option which says Backup/Restore Chat History. Now click on the Chat History Backup and select the Restore option for WeChat chat history recovery.
Note: Before you try to restore your account and WeChat history, make sure that you had a backup before your account and history was deleted. Only then you will be able to get WeChat recovery of deleted messages.
Method 2: Recover WeChat History from Other Phones
There is a very helpful method that enables a user to transfer the WeChat history to some other phone using the WeChat Migration. This method is specially used for iPhone WeChat recovery.
You can easily restore all your chat history from the other device with a few simple steps. But before you get the backup, make sure that you have already created a backup of your chat. Only then, you will be able to recover it.
- Step 1. Connect both the devices to the same Wi-Fi and sign in to the WeChat using the same account details.
- Step 2. After you sign in, go to the ‘Me’ tab. And tap on the settings option.
- Step 3. In the settings menu, select the general settings. In the general settings, select the Chat Log Migration and click on Select Chat Transcript button.
- Step 4. Log in to your account on your other iOS device and scan the QR code of the interface. Once the device scans the QR code, the migration will start.
- Step 5. As soon as the process completes, you will have all your WeChat data in your other iOS device from the first one.
Method 3: Recover WeChat History from Local Backup using a USB cable (iOS device)
Although there are other backup options available for the recovery of the chat history such as iTunes and iCloud there are many people who prefer the third party services tool for the restore because the use of Apple cloud deletes every data and settings from the phone.
One of the best tools for this is the Dr.Fone - WhatsApp Transfer software. It will directly scan your device and the backup of the data selectively and then restore it as per the user requirements.
Backup & Restore WeChat History & Attachments
- It can create a complete backup of not just the WeChat app, but also other apps like Kik, WhatsApp, Line, etc.
- The backup and restore option can be done on any iOS device.
- With the help of this application, you can export the data to HTML or Excel file format and can also print them directly.
- You can preview the files you want to export to your PC or Phone.
- The process is faster than WeChat’s inbuilt backup tool.
The Restore Social App feature allows the users to recover any type of data from all the social media platforms.
The step by step guide on how to recover deleted WeChat chat history below:
- Step 1. At first, connect your iPhone to the Computer using a USB cable. On the homepage of the software, you will see an option which says WhatsApp Transfer. Select that option and then click on WeChat.
- Step 2. In the WeChat option, click Restore and then you can view the files that are backed up on the Computer. Now you can restore or export the backup of the data of your iPhone.
- Step 3. Among all the data you see, select the desired WeChat history and click on the View button.
- Step 4. Dr.Fone will scan the computer to display your data. Once you are sure that it is the data you want to recover, click on the Restore to Device option to recover WeChat history of your iPhone. You can also select the desired items and click Export to PC to recover WeChat history to your computer.
Method 4: Recover WeChat History from Apple services
If you are trying to find a way on how to recover deleted WeChat chat history on iPhone? The Apple cloud services have provided an amazing backup for the iOS users. Both the iTunes and iCloud services can be used to recover your WeChat history by following a few steps.
In iTunes, if you have made a backup of your WeChat history, then for WeChat recovery of text messages follow the steps:
- Step 1. Launch iTunes on Computer and connect your iOS device to the computer.
- Step 2. Select the iPhone option when it appears in the iTunes, and then select the Restore Backup option.
- Step 3. Select the relevant data by having a look on the size of the file.
- Step 4. Now click on Restore and wait for the device to complete the process. Make sure that your phone stays connected to the Computer; otherwise, the recovery will be interrupted.
Using iCloud: If you want to know how to recover deleted WeChat chat history on iPhone, this is a way you should consider.
If you have turned on the automatic iCloud backup, then all your messages can also be found in your backup.
Make sure that you already have a backup of your device and then follow the steps:
- Step 1. At first, you will need to erase all the contents of your device. Go to Settings and select the General settings and then click on the Reset button. Now click on the Erase All Content and Settings option to remotely erase all data.
- Step 2. The above step will bring you to the setup screen. Follow the instructions step by step until you see the Apps and Data screen. On that screen, select the Restore from the iCloud Backup option.
- Step 3. Sign in using your iCloud account and select the backup which is most relevant. You might have to log in to your Apple ID to restore the apps and purchases.
- Step 4. Wait until the restore completes and you will have your complete WeChat history in your iPhone.
So, here are the ways to recover WeChat messages with the help of iTunes or iCloud service.
Disadvantages of Recovering WeChat History with Apple Services
The only disadvantage of using the iCloud or iTunes backup is that it will permanently delete all your data before the recovery. In case you have created new files after the last backup, then they will be lost completely without any chances of WeChat data recovery.
In addition, you won’t be able to preview the data before restoring it.
In conclusion, recovering your WeChat account and chat history is a straightforward process with a variety of effective methods available. Whether it's reinstalling the app, using in-app recovery operations, utilizing web-based recovery, contacting WeChat Support Center, restoring from online backups, other devices, or through Dr.Fone - WhatsApp Transfer, and Apple services, you can find a suitable solution for your needs. Take the necessary steps to safeguard your data and ensure a seamless WeChat experience.
- WeChat Backup
- WeChat Transfer
- WeChat Recover
- WeChat Tricks
- Other Social Apps Tips
- 1. Backup WhatsApp to PC
- 2. WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
- 3. Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Message
- 4. Top 5 Instagram Password Crackers
- 5. Download Kik Messenger App for PC
- 6. Fix Common LINE App Problems
- 7. Find Facebook Password
- 8. Facebook Dating Is Not Working
- 9. Record Viber Calls on PC/Mobile
- 10. Save Snapchats Secretively