4 Feasible Ways to Fake Location on Facebook [iOS & Android]
There are many reasons to fake location on Facebook. For example, you may want to hide your ideal address and protect your safety. Also, you might want to change the Facebook location to get better search results for products, friends, groups, and so on. But whichever the case, creating a fake GPS on Facebook is relatively easy. So, in this post, I want to introduce you to several methods to spoof your Facebook location quickly and easily.
Method 1: Spoof Facebook Location on Computer
You can easily fake your Facebook location by spoofing the town or city in the profile settings. This way, anyone who views your profile bio will see your new Facebook location.
So, without wasting much time, here's how to spoof Facebook location on PC:
Step 1. Launch the Facebook app on your web browser and tap your profile icon.
Step 2. Here, click Edit details under the Intro section. After that, you'll land on the Posts window by default.
Step 3. Now tap the Pencil icon to change the current city/town. You can also change your hometown, relationship status, and when you joined Facebook.
Step 4. Finally, tap the Save button, and Facebook will automatically update your current location. To see if the changes have been applied, tap the About tab to see your new profile.
Note: Although you can successfully change your bio, Facebook will still access your actual location. Now this means your Facebook recommendations and adverts will still be based on your locality. So, keep reading to learn other reliable ways to spoof your Facebook location.
Method 2: Change Facebook Location on Android phone
Unlike the strict iPhones, Android allows you to install a third-party app to change the GPS location of your device and Facebook, to be precise. This means you don't need to fork out some serious money for a VPN service. So, in this section, you'll learn to fake a Facebook location on Android using the Fake GPS location app. It is a free program for teleporting your phone IP address to new places with a simple screen tap. Let's see how to do that:
Step 1. Install and launch the Fake GPS location app on Android.
Step 2. Next, "allow mock locations" in your Android's developer settings. To do that, open Settings >Additional Settings >Developer options. Then, click "Select mock location app" before choosing Fake GPS.
Step 3. Now go to the Fake GPS location app and choose a new location for your device. If satisfied, tap Ok to save the added area you'd like your device to appear on.
Step 4. Finally, head to Facebook and change your location settings.
Method 3: Create A Fake Check-In Location on Facebook
Sometimes you might want to prank your Facebook friends with a new location announcement. In other words, you can make them believe that you're in a particular location when in reality, you're not. In that case, the Facebook Check-In feature will come in handy. It's a simple but highly effective feature that adds your fake location to a Facebook post. Just think of it as a status update.
So, below is how to fake location on Facebook with the Check-In feature:
Step 1. Open Facebook on your favorite browser and tap the "What's on your mind" field.
Step 2. Next, tap the GPS icon. You'll see all the locations near you. Or, key in a fake address and select it on the suggestions.
Step 3. Now write whatever is on your mind and add the location to your latest post. It's that easy!
Method 4: Fake Location for Facebook's Nearby Friends via a Tool
While signing up on Facebook, you'll be requested to allow the platform access to your actual GPS location. This will enable Facebook to correctly tailor adverts, friends, and other recommendations based on your location. But unfortunately, it can be challenging to change the actual location unless you're willing to spend top dollar on a VPN service. Put, you'll need to spoof your IP address to change the exact location.
For this reason, I recommend using a fake location tool like Dr.Fone - Virtual Location. It's an all-in-one software that provides multiple solutions for your iPhone or Android phone. It allows you to teleport your current location to anywhere in the world without jailbreaking your iPhone or spending top dollar on a VPN service. This lets you take full advantage of the "Nearby Friends" Facebook feature that needs your actual GPS location.
Below are the key features:
- Transfer phone location to any place in the world.
- Intuitive and detailed zoom-in and zoom-out map.
- Compatible with all iOS and Android versions.
- Move to new locations on the map via different routes and means.
- Compatible with location-based apps like Telegram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Here is a video tutorial for you to learn and preview how to fake location on Facebook via Dr.Fone - Virtual Location
Below is how to fake location on Facebook for Android and iPhone using Dr.Fone:
Step 1. Download and open Dr.Fone.
Install and run Dr.Fone on your Mac or Windows PC and then connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable. After that, select the file transfer option on your phone and then tap Virtual Location on Dr.Fone.
Step 2. Connect your phone to the software.
You'll see a new Dr.Fone window, where you'll click the Get Started button. Then, enable USB debugging on your phone before clicking Next.
Step 3. Choose a location and start moving.
The Virtual Location map will launch after successfully connecting your smartphone to Dr.Fone. Now enter and select a location you wish to move to and click Move Here. Alternatively, you can tap an area to move to on the map and choose whether to move by foot, bicycle, scooter, or car. Your iPhone and Android device will save your new location automatically.
Wrap it up!
See, you don't need an expensive VPN service to fake your GPS location on Facebook convincingly. With Dr.Fone, you can easily change your Android or iPhone location, which will immediately reflect on apps like Facebook, Google Maps, Telegram, and so on. And guess what? There are a host of other phone management features to exploit. You should try it!
- Facebook on iOS
- 1. Download Facebook Videos on iOS
- 2. Block People in Facebook on iOS
- 3. Delete Facebook Messages on iOS
- 4. Send Facebook Messages on iOS
- 5. Recover Deleted Facebook Messages
- 6. Sync Facebook Contacts with iPhone
- 7. Fake Location on Facebook iOS
- 8. Facebook App Problems on iPhone
- Facebook on Android
- 1. Uninstall Facebook on Android
- 2. Delete Messages on Facebook Android
- 3. Save Facebook Messages on Android
- 4. Hide Facebook Messages on Android
- 5. Send Facebook Messages on Android
- 6. Read Old Facebook Messages
- 7. Retrieve Deleted Facebook Messages
- 8. Fake Location on Facebook Android
- 9. Facebook Crashing On Android
- Facebook Messages
- 1. Export and Print Facebook Messages
- 2. Messenger Notification Not Working
- 3. Use Facebook Without Messenger
- 4. Archive Facebook Messages
- 5. Record Facebook Messenger Calls
- 6. Deactivate Facebook Messages
- 7. Facebook Messenger Not Working
- 8. Messenger Video Call No Sound
- 9. Facebook Messenger Troubleshooting
- 10. Messenger Keeps Stopping/Crashing
- Facebook Upload/Download
- Facebook Problems
- 1. Can't Log into Facebook
- 2. Facebook Black Screen Issue
- 3. Facebook Loading Slow
- 4. Facebook Dating Is Showing Up
- 5. Facebook Video Chat Problems
- 6. Facebook Not Loading
- 7. Facebook Not Responding
- 8. Facebook Marketplace Not Working
- 9. Facebook Pay Not Working
- 10. Facebook Searches Not Working
- 11. Facebook News Feed Not Working
- Facebook Tricks